Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Everybody is getting excited about their 5k scores and here I am giddy about the fact that I jumped to 4930 from 4902.

Baby steps...

Once Ursula and Xander get their GHB reruns, I should be able to bump my teams' points up with a few merges.

I hope the Rachel get the 4* treatment, so I can +10 her.

And yay, I got a Defense Win today.  I got none last week, so I won't have to worry about it for now.  I can't wait for those training maps, so I can grind SP and give my Dragons some better skills.

Seems I have to admit that A.Tiki can only get this far with atk Investment.
I think I will put more into her def in future. If it is about Brave lyn attack A.Tiki works.
But now that I am arriving at the General range she gets obliterated by green Bold fighter armored units which is a desaster. Unless I find a new method for offensiv A.Tiki I am doomed to use her with the uninspiring def build or TA *shudder* D=. It's not that I dislike them. but I also want to find another way to use some characters which are overlooked. 

It's like in pokemon. It is no fun if I just use builds I would find on smogon...

Edited by Stroud

Two weeks ago, I tried an armour emblem defence team. No wins.

Last week, I tried a dragon emblem + Olivia team. No wins.

This week, I tried Sharena + three Wrys. Two wins.

I'm curious as to whether they were legitimately tripped up or just gave the joke respect.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wanted to set up this with my Sharena… but I only have one Wrys. Sad.

Two of those were the free ones, so you should have at least one more.

Wait a minute, don't tell me you...?

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

And what did Sharena make of that?

She was amused by Wrys’ sudden surge of power. Now I need to quickly pull more so that she doesn’t notice the disappearance of the other one…

I'll be back to Rank 19... Strange that my first team is catching my armor team in term of points (around 692 this time against around 698) but well...

So, got 4850 points. Team below. And still no defense wins... Impressive...

Spoiler

soRpMb6.png

All are +1, except Robin (+3). Katarina got the Drive Def seal.

I encountered a strange Black Knight with Svalinn Shield and Axebreaker... Well, I didn't see any Svalinn Shield since... well, since the beginning.

And I had the chance, when a DC Roy was hiding a Horse Emblem (with Camus, Brave Roy and Reinhardt), to be on one good map, and even more than that, his Reinhardt was +Def and had Fury, and there were no Hone Cavalier. So I managed to bait and kill him with my Robin. But that show the problem : Reinhardt is so good that even with bad IVs, he's used.

Edited by Ledrert
Editing pic, because of wrong screenshot

Since many of you would remember, a few weeks ago the number of bonus units from Hero Battles was reduced from 2 to 1. Now that they’ve introduced daily GHB, do you think those units will take the spot from the former ones, so now the bonus would include 1 Hero Battle unit, 1 GHB unit and 1 of Askr trio + Fjorm?

Whew! I decided to push myself a bit and ended with a score of 5,030 after burning like 30 crests. Still I found this team which was pretty amusing:

The Soren was at +10 and the Ikes varied between +3 to +7. 

Edited by Alexmender

Oh my gosh... I haven't felt this much adrenaline in a while. I hadn't done a serious run of AA yet, so I decided to give it a go...because I procrastinate. Ehehe.... Right now, I'm still slated to stay in tier 20 in the normal Arena. I've got a little wiggle room, but not a ton. (Currently 3705/5449 with a score of 5058.) I think I've gotten 16 defense wins? Raven and Lucius are putting in some serious work! 

But for AA, my first few runs ended in tragedy. But my last run...MAN. It was just tense, and I had to use 2 items on a tricky dragon team + Julia. And Julia stuck herself on a defensive tile, and Celica couldn't finish her off. >.> But I won. And then my final battle had this...scarily fast, Slaying Axe+ Spring Chrom +10. Like...45 SPD...with DC and Wrath. Managed to beat that team with Flier Emblem+Cecilia (to handle Reinhardt). New high score of 5078 which is currently rank 2327. That MIGHT be enough to stay in the top 3k for the first time...but we'll have to wait and see!

8 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
New bonus heroes are here!

Alfonse week it seems unless I get someone from the Valentine's banner which is unlikely to say the least.

Again an excuse to not put Sharena on the bonus line-up. This is already disgusting.

It’s been how long already since I’ve changed my arena team of Alfonse, Micaiah+1, Fjorm+1, and Myrrh?

20 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

New bonus heroes are here!

Alfonse week it seems unless I get someone from the Valentine's banner which is unlikely to say the least.

@DarkLordIvy is gonna' have some fun. :3 

Not too sure who I'm going to run. I may switch out Fjorm for Valter... I'd run my own Soren, but running three greens seems a little risky. I could switch out Lucina for Ike...but Lucina's been far more useful in the Arena even if he may be worth more points than Valter. Maybe...just MAYBE if I manage to get Lyn, I'd risk running an armor, but I always have so much trouble using them. The Fonz is always an option as well of course. 

20 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@DarkLordIvy is gonna' have some fun. :3 

IS is smiling down upon me this night!!

Three of one color teams at least in my experience, are usually not as hard to use as you’d first expect. I run Soren, Ike, Seliph, bonus most of the time and the bonus ends up being red a lot. I’m not sure if that entirely hold up for teams not predominantly red but I don’t think it would be impossible. 

I'm going to miss this week of stress-free arena. I didn't even manage a deathless run but there's no reason to correct that, and I'd rather give people a defense win with my third fight of each day.

Arena Defense gave me a win at the very start of the week when I didn't have a bonus unit in my team and I haven't won another defense since, so I'll probably have to content myself with another 500 feathers instead of 900 for the second week running. AA I did my now-customary 4+3 run for 4856 points, which is currently just above rank 14000, so I should be safe.

Next week is promotion week of course, but it not being Fjorm week means I have a bit of flexibility perhaps. Lilina is levelled but completely unbuilt so Tharja is my bonus unit I suppose, might struggle a little for points. Might have to field Fjorm anyway as a result. Fjorm, Olivia, Tharja, ???. Tempting to just use Myrrh again but I'd probably have to fish pretty hard if I do. If it goes badly I'll have to accept a demotion but I won't be too cut up about it.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:59 PM, Rezzy said:

I hope the Rachel get the 4* treatment, so I can +10 her.

The Rachel did get the 4* treatment. I managed to pull a 4* one last night on the LA banner, and was quite excited. I had been trying to pull her on the Magvel banner when it was out, but she spurned me there. But now she graced my roster with her presence--with a +Atk/-HP nature to boot!

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh my gosh... I haven't felt this much adrenaline in a while. I hadn't done a serious run of AA yet, so I decided to give it a go...because I procrastinate. Ehehe.... Right now, I'm still slated to stay in tier 20 in the normal Arena. I've got a little wiggle room, but not a ton. (Currently 3705/5449 with a score of 5058.) I think I've gotten 16 defense wins? Raven and Lucius are putting in some serious work! 

But for AA, my first few runs ended in tragedy. But my last run...MAN. It was just tense, and I had to use 2 items on a tricky dragon team + Julia. And Julia stuck herself on a defensive tile, and Celica couldn't finish her off. >.> But I won. And then my final battle had this...scarily fast, Slaying Axe+ Spring Chrom +10. Like...45 SPD...with DC and Wrath. Managed to beat that team with Flier Emblem+Cecilia (to handle Reinhardt). New high score of 5078 which is currently rank 2327. That MIGHT be enough to stay in the top 3k for the first time...but we'll have to wait and see!

Great job! I hope you manage to stay in T20 & get to stay in the under 3k bracket! And I think Spring Chrom is kinda underrated. I pulled a +Spd one on the Legendary banner he was on, and he could definitely be quite quick!

On 2/10/2018 at 11:29 PM, Alexmender said:

Whew! I decided to push myself a bit and ended with a score of 5,030 after burning like 30 crests. Still I found this team which was pretty amusing:

noice.jpg.4377ec301e72c3755db7cf08cb11ab6b.jpg

The Soren was at +10 and the Ikes varied between +3 to +7. 

Haha, I like that team too!

Lloyd being on there, as well as there no longer being even one Hero Battle hero on there, seems to suggest they might be starting a new rotation involving him and the other daily GHB heroes. I suppose we'll have the answer to that in two weeks if Michalis ends up being among that batch of bonus heroes.

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Apparently my one-death run is not enough this week to return in tier 20. My first try today for a new streak was broken by a Zelgius who one-rounded my TA/Swordbreaker Cordelia ... 

5020 here and droping out of T20 i had obe death and used Anna. I may try out Raven maybe i can score higher.

Also 5206 AA and i might drop out... from 1k

They pretty much got rid of the free unit rotation of old and replaced it with the GHB rotation, ey? OK, I guess, shame for my Olivia, but I can accept it.

So Tharja or Lilina.... hmm, not sure yet, prolly Tharja, Lilina kinda su.... is kinda meh; but tbh, it doesn't matter, this will be a 20-19-20 season for me, probably. Could use a care-free season again where I do not have to think about scores at all, although that pretty much doesn't exist anymore with AA being what it is.