Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

27 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Will you give Hinoka's spear also the upgrade? Guidance for Fliers seems useful for your team.

Yup!  I just finished doing so actually, with the arena payout.  Next week should be fun.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see that the "Normal" Hero Battle rotation units seem to have been kicked out of the Bonus unit cycle.  I had just promoted my Gunter and Stahl, too.

18 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

Nice! So that is just one of your 7 teams? I always struggle after 2nd or 3rd group when I put 4 +10s in that first round. I always end up losing a unit here and there in arena assault which kills score.

Yeah, I have a full set of 7 pre-set teams that I use, though most of the time do I need to build a team on the fly for one of the seven matches:

Spoiler

+10 Eldigan [+Atk, -Res] (Mystletainn [unique], Reposition, Ignis, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry)
+6 Titania [+Spd, -Res] (Emerald Axe+, Reposition, Iceberg, Distant Counter, Guard 3, Hone Cavalry)
+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Kindled-Fire Balm, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry)

+8 Brave Roy [=] (Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)
+8 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry)
+0 Cecilia [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)
+10 Brave Lyn [+Atk, -Def] (Mulagir, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Sacae's Blessing, Hone Cavalry)

+5 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Flier Formation 3, Hone Fliers)
+0 Halloween Nowi [+Spd, -Res] (Grimoire, Reposition, Atk/Res Bond 3, Hone Fliers)
+9 Summer Corrin [+Atk, -Res] (Blarblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Fortify Fliers)
+10 Spring Camilla [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Iote's Shield)

+0 Palla [+Atk, -Res] (Ruby Sword+, Moonbow, Axebreaker 3, Goad Fliers)
+10 Cordelia [+Spd, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Hit and Run, Hone Fliers)
+10 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, Quickened Pulse)
+0 New Year Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Hagoita+ [Spd], Sing, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers)

+10 Awakening Tiki [+Atk, -Spd] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Distant Def 3)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Bride Cordelia [+Spd, -Res] (Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Cancel Affinity 3, Breath of Life 3)

+2 Winter Tharja [+Atk, -Def] (Candelabra+, Swap, Iceberg, Close Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Ward Armor)
+10 Effie [+Atk, -Spd] (Heavy Spear+, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Wary Fighter 3, Ward Armor)
+10 Sheena [+Atk, -Spd] (Killer Axe+, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+ [Spd], Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3, Squad Ace D 3)

EDIT: Post somehow posted before I finished, so edited with the rest.

@Kaoxt

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Sad to see that the "Normal" Hero Battle rotation units seem to have been kicked out of the Bonus unit cycle.  I had just promoted my Gunter and Stahl, too.

My poor Cecilia, never having had the chance to act as a bonus. I’ll continue to love her and build her up to +10 no matter what.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I guess they want to either advertise the daily GHB rotations or they realised people don't use GHB units much because of a lack of merges so their trying to get people to use them more as a bonus unit?

Anyway, got a last minute defense win on my 2nd account, with Fury Basilikos Raven, Nowi, Valyntine and BK. A bit of a random team but it somehow worked? Guess I'll stick with it for now for the first few days for the next season to see if I get any wins.

That said I had to resort to finding my other account again just so I cant get at least 200 feathers for my main.

And trying to find my other account was pretty annoying. I found my second account within 5 minutes, but the main account took 5 hours, giving up and going to sleep, then about 30 mins in the morning. Ah well.

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Astellius - Thanks for the words of encouragement! I managed to do it! My normal Arena score was easily around a thousand ranks above the cut-off for tier 20, so for those interested, 5058 seems pretty safe. With armors in the rotation next week, who knows? And my score in AA (5078 I think) was good for around rank 2700. It wasn't the safest score, but it was good enough!

Still dunno who I'm going to use next season. I may try Lyn. She's not finished being built yet, but at the very least, she might be able to serve as a Reinhardt counter if I need her to. Until I'm done with her, I may just use Valter. I'm not sure I wanna replace Lucina... Too many dragons!

Congrats! And, yeah, Armors as bonus heroes might inflate the score. I know Anna was dragging down my score this week, but I pulled an LA Hector, so I may be able to reach new heights...

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Back to tier 19. I guess it's still a long way before I can stay in tier 20 but getting a score above 5k is good enough for now. 

On AA as always I'm unable to stay in the top 5k thanks to the huge range gaps I get (702-720 is too inconsistent). One day I'll go back to the top 5k but first I'll need to think about who I wish to invest into to make a permanent +10 team.

I also am heading back to T19, and was barely kicked out of the top 5k for AA. I think I need to use some of those blessings to boost my score, as well as decide on the next character I want to heavily merge.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Wow, that makes twice in one week my team has been encountered by a SF member...how'd it go?

I actually only just entered and surrendered, since it was an extra crest. But Caeda sure is looking nice with the new Wing Sword, huh?

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

I actually only just entered and surrendered, since it was an extra crest. But Caeda sure is looking nice with the new Wing Sword, huh?

That she is. It’s pretty fun to straight-up OHKO non-blue armors (though she can actually take out blue ones with a Special). She needs QR to deal with Myrrh properly*, but the Wing Sword really lends itself to a defensive set, imo, so it’s not a big deal...and it helps against Spd-stacked enemies since Distant Counter doesn’t boost her Spd.

Long story short, I’m really loving it so far.

* On the flip side, Fortify Fliers and the Res stat to use Def Ploy make her one of ally Myrrh’s best friends on a Flier team =P .

With TT incoming this week, I decided to try to get my arena done and dusted so I can relax for the rest of the week. Glad I did, a team of Tharja, Olivia, Myrrh and Fjorm cleaned up pretty well for 4906 points with no retries required, which is decent considering Olivia is the only one with merges. That's fairly modest in the grand scheme of things of course, but traditionally it's been enough in non-Water weeks, and it's the highest I've gotten without using said blessings myself. Hopefully there aren't any surprises instore at the end of the season because I doubt it's worth even trying to improve on that. Reverting to horse team for the easymode two wins a day for quests and surrendering every third fight.

Myrrh continues to impress me, and pulls off some improbable stunts like taking out both BK and Zelgius on the same turn. Fair and balanced unit. I haven't even built her for non-dragon teams so her C-slot for the entire run was still Hone Dragons despite, y'know, the complete absence of other dragons on the team. I should probably teach her Threaten Res or something like that because I definitely see myself using every time I need to promote. Already arguably the best unit in my barracks, top five certainly. If only I had gotten more than one copy instead of the five pity breakers I did get on her banner...

Edited by Humanoid

YES! In complete contrast to my disastrous last week of defense wins, I already managed to get an early win for each of my account!

Teams were-

Basilikos Fury Raven, TA Nowi, BK+1 with Steady Breath and Valyntine with Glimmer (this got me a late defense win last night as well)

Main account is BK+1, Halloween Henry, QR Vantage Vector (although only has Night Sky and Vantage 2 right now, no C-skill) and Close Def Fjorm (vanilla with Reposition)

I'm so glad I can finally relax. Might try and leave the team as is for a while to see how effective they are in scoring more wins

Edited by mcsilas

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, I have a full set of 7 pre-set teams that I use, though most of the time do I need to build a team on the fly for one of the seven matches:

Hide contents

+10 Eldigan [+Atk, -Res] (Mystletainn [unique], Reposition, Ignis, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry)
+6 Titania [+Spd, -Res] (Emerald Axe+, Reposition, Iceberg, Distant Counter, Guard 3, Hone Cavalry)
+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Kindled-Fire Balm, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry)

+8 Brave Roy [=] (Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)
+8 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry)
+0 Cecilia [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)
+10 Brave Lyn [+Atk, -Def] (Mulagir, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Sacae's Blessing, Hone Cavalry)

+5 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Flier Formation 3, Hone Fliers)
+0 Halloween Nowi [+Spd, -Res] (Grimoire, Reposition, Atk/Res Bond 3, Hone Fliers)
+9 Summer Corrin [+Atk, -Res] (Blarblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Fortify Fliers)
+10 Spring Camilla [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Iote's Shield)

+0 Palla [+Atk, -Res] (Ruby Sword+, Moonbow, Axebreaker 3, Goad Fliers)
+10 Cordelia [+Spd, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Hit and Run, Hone Fliers)
+10 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, Quickened Pulse)
+0 New Year Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Hagoita+ [Spd], Sing, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers)

+10 Awakening Tiki [+Atk, -Spd] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Distant Def 3)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Bride Cordelia [+Spd, -Res] (Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Cancel Affinity 3, Breath of Life 3)

+2 Winter Tharja [+Atk, -Def] (Candelabra+, Swap, Iceberg, Close Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Ward Armor)
+10 Effie [+Atk, -Spd] (Heavy Spear+, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Wary Fighter 3, Ward Armor)
+10 Sheena [+Atk, -Spd] (Killer Axe+, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+ [Spd], Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3, Squad Ace D 3)

EDIT: Post somehow posted before I finished, so edited with the rest.

@Kaoxt

Nice looking team. I have a ways to go for a set team. Slowly getting there.

Do you find triangle adept Nowi better then SB Nowi? I currently have a +Atk / -Spd with SB.

2 hours ago, Kaoxt said:

Nice looking team. I have a ways to go for a set team. Slowly getting there.

Do you find triangle adept Nowi better then SB Nowi? I currently have a +Atk / -Spd with SB.

Triangle Adept fits in my team better. I build my dragons for sustain rather than single-round performance, and Nowi in particular is built to be able to handle Falchion users as long as they aren't using Cancel Affinity.

If I ever get around to building Corrin, she'll probably be the first to get a Steady Breath build.

Gotcha makes sense!

Just finished Arena run, obtained my highest score of 5,254. So many Ikes!

I don't know why I was encountering a few Ikes with Ragnell equipped and Distant Counter in their A slot. One person obtained at least 22 VL Ikes. He had two +10 (one +Atk, other + Spd).

Edited by Kaoxt

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

3x +10 Myrrh and 1 +10 Faye. I give up, my Team was overwhelmed by the fact i couldnt deal quick enough with all those super merged Myrrhs... screw this ¬.¬

I faced that exact team earlier. I luckily had Ike to deal with them all with rally Atk/def to help somewhat.

VL Ike is way tankier then PoR Ike.

After burning 40 Arena Crests in an attempt to get a perfect Arena run, (So many misclicks, so many 5 win runs ended), I ended last week with a score of 5,036, which is a new high score for me (Thanks Fjorm!)

I'll probably barely get past 5,000 this week, Soren is my bonus unit and I haven't exactly built him up too well.

After striking out on full-value defense wins over the past fortnight, I was pleased to see I've already gotten one this week. Team is nothing special, Fjorm, Tharja, Olivia, Myrrh, which is the same as the offensive team I used. A huge perk of getting it out of the way this early is that I can now freely use my seals on my TT teams and not have to worry about giving them back.

I like to pay it forward of course so I went ahead spent a couple crests giving random people defense wins right after (and I have well over 400 of them anyway).

Edited by Humanoid

This took longer than I wanted (turns out Airzura is better than Hector all the time due to how I made her an offensive juggernaut and unrestricted movement>1 move). My normal arena score is 4962 and my AA score is 4976.

It's been a while since I posted here, but even my internship didn't keep me from my goal to stay in Tier 20. So meanwhile I fully embraced Dragon Emblem with A!Tiki, Nowi and Fae. Unfortunately I just couldn't pull Myrrh from the SS banner and hate how many feathers I have spent on my dragons instead of promoting more GHBs like Oliver and Leon (for fun's sake). 

I even pulled two B!Ikes with my free pull and the one afterwards during Hero Fest, so my A!Tiki got Steady Breath now, but I'm not sure if I'm giving it to my Nowi as well because I feel like Fury works good on her. +DEF -SPD A!Tiki is +8 now and fully built, even with QR3 (another 20k feathers had to go today, sigh) and she really is an absolute power house with Summoner Support, she can tank almost everything and I can only recommend to build her. She's really useful for GHBs.

+DEF -RES Nowi is at +5 - while I do like her a lot, I don't like her as much as A!Tiki even though she gets a lot of praise from everyone, but she's doing her job well and a few days ago she even still survived a refined Alm in Arena.

+RES -DEF Fae  is at +3. On my hunt for VA!Hector I pulled another 5* one as a pity breaker (fortunately I pulled him during my last session - neutral, like my other Hector, argh...). I do have enough 4* Faes to merge her up to +7 and she's just really good too, even though she's mostly there to bait blue mages. That's why I'm hesitant going for the +ATK -RES one I have in my barracks instead... I feel like I need her more in that mage bait role than anything else.

I still had no luck staying in Tier 20, but I'll get there one day... I hope. My AA score is at 5020 this week, guess now that A!Tiki got QR3 I could aim a little bit higher with some luck.

Thank you random player, who gave me a defense win; doesn't matter if wipeout, perfect run breaker, or free win. It's always the same when I swap out any unit from my team synergy with a random, unoptimized bonus unit, I get anxious if nothing pops up quickly. Tharja screwed up the first day, but Lilina made it work today, so I guess I underestimated her (shame on you, fully built +1 Tharja).

@pullofthebush I guess you meant Lyon, since you mentioned GHB? A small but significant difference. As for your goal, as long as you merge 3/4*-available units to 5*+X you will be able to stay in T20 at some point if you don''t ruin the score with low-score units too much. Since you took the dragon route, there is really no issue in getting there over time, I mean I did it (depending on bonus unit, of course) with my Nowi, Fae and Olivia, sooo you will as well.

21 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

@pullofthebush I guess you meant Lyon, since you mentioned GHB? A small but significant difference. As for your goal, as long as you merge 3/4*-available units to 5*+X you will be able to stay in T20 at some point if you don''t ruin the score with low-score units too much. Since you took the dragon route, there is really no issue in getting there over time, I mean I did it (depending on bonus unit, of course) with my Nowi, Fae and Olivia, sooo you will as well.

Ha, I definitely meant Lyon! Then again, I also have a Leon with good IVs in my barracks... Too many units to build, ugh!

And that's good to know that I'm going to stay in T20 . I just need to pull some more Nowis then.

Wow. My LA Lyn managed to destroy a 57 Atk Reinhardt (+Atk, Atk +3 seal, Death Blow 3, +4 from merges) in retaliation... while only losing 4 HP. Thanks, Blarowl+, PA Azura, and defense tile!

Also got personal record highs for Arena scoring!

Offense: 5016

Defense: 602

Edited by Roflolxp54