Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I haven't posted in here for a while... I was on vacation in Mexico and just got back today!  I had wi-fi, though, so I still managed to get my arena runs in.

Last week I was lucky and finished both of them on my first attempt.  Arena was 5138 and Arena Assault was 5140.  Stayed in tier 20, top 3000 AA, yada yada.

Earlier today, I did both of this week's runs.  MAN, did I ever have a tough time in the Arena today!  I must have had some bad luck or something, because this hasn't happened to me in quite a while.  I think I went through about 10 crests or so.  A lot of people got surrenders from me, so good for them, I guess.  I don't currently run a Rein counter because he isn't usually very common in the 730-740 range, but I ran into him SO many times today, wtf!  Lots of horses too, actually.  Many teams with 2 of them.  And freakin' everyone had a dancer today!  What a pain in the butt.  They said they're not changing the match-ups until next week, so it couldn't be that.  Weird.  Just a weird day, I guess.  Oh well... I'm done now.  :^_^:  Arena Assault was better.  Done on the first attempt, thank goodness.

Arena: 5122 -  Team was Laslow+10, F-Corrin+10, Reinhardt+10, and Legendary Ike (no merge).

Arena Assault: 5162

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Fae got another merge and I opted for +DEF -HP now. She's still got enough RES, but can also tank quite good now. That was a good decision. I think I'm going to stick with that. I'm tempted to pull Grima for fodder reasons now, given that Ninian is never on my team in Arena. Just imagining the sheer power of 3 Ward Dragons on my three +DEF dragons...

Back to topic: 5038 in both Arena and AA which is a new high.

I absolutely hate the maps this season though!! I had to burn through 20 crests just because I ran into the dangerous bridge map against Horse Emblem or healers with Savage Blow and Dazzling Staff all the time...

Oh man.... I really hate these maps. They're definitely my least favorite. And I had a really bad start yesterday. Like...hardcore straight-up lost my first three matches. After a lot of failures yesterday, and some more perseverance today, I finally managed a score of 5066. But it was rough.... One defense win. Still no AA attempt because I don't need that stress in my life right now, but if 5060 was good for last week, 5066 will most definitely be good for this week.

48 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Okay, got the arena out of the way for the rest of the week. If only arena assault wasn’t as stressful, otherwise I would have done it too.

For me its the opposite this week. AA went smoothly (score of 5010, no idea if it'll be enough for top 5k), but Arena gives me the classical Reinhardt+Lyn dilemma on map 5 or 6 (which is usually this map). 

Does anyone know if I'm more or less save to promote from tier 19 to tier 20 with a score of 4932 this week? 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Zipper map is the worst, even worse than double bridges.

Guess what went wrong here:

8QN2mZX.png

Answer: 

1. I was stupid
  2. Cherche just killed a Reinhardt, but could have waited for Cordelia to be repositioned by Roy to kill Tharja easily
  3. Roy could survive one hit by Tharja, but because of Darting Blow, she is exactly 5 SPD faster than him (its the first +10 Tharja I see with DB ... )
  4. L!Ike doesn't survive one hit by Tharja because of her buff (neither does Cherche)
  5. It's the 7th match in arena of my (so far) deathless streak
  6. It would have been my first time with a 5k+ score in regular arena

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

7. Your Cordelia doesn't have Flier Formation. Flier Formation Sacred Seal when?

True that would have helped in that one situation, but in match 1-6 she needed Swordbreaker several times (even with TA3). 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Does anyone know if I'm more or less save to promote from tier 19 to tier 20 with a score of 4932 this week?

I went up by the skin of my teeth with 4906 last week, and it's still not Fjorm week so the score required should be similar (until the free Ike arrives at least).

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

8QN2mZX.png

Answer: 

1. I was stupid
  2. Cherche just killed a Reinhardt, but could have waited for Cordelia to be repositioned by Roy to kill Tharja easily
  3. Roy could survive one hit by Tharja, but because of Darting Blow, she is exactly 5 SPD faster than him (its the first +10 Tharja I see with DB ... )
  4. L!Ike doesn't survive one hit by Tharja because of her buff (neither does Cherche)

Worth noting that her buffs would have fallen off at the start of EP. Not that that would have saved your Cherche, but that might have done something for Ike.

14 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Worth noting that her buffs would have fallen off at the start of EP. Not that that would have saved your Cherche, but that might have done something for Ike.

I didn't consider this, but he wouldn't have killed her in one shot on his counter (even with radiant Aether), which means her follow up attack would have killed him for sure. 

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I didn't consider this, but he wouldn't have killed her in one shot on his counter (even with radiant Aether), which means her follow up attack would have killed him for sure. 

You sure about that? What are your boon/bane and what buff(s) were on Ike?

Assuming that's a Hone Atk 3 on Tharja, it falling off would bring her down to 49 Atk. Neutral Ike has 21 Res, which becomes 25 with Warding Breath. First blow would do 24 damage to him, leaving him at 5 HP. Neutral Ike has 52 Atk. A counter Radiant Aether would do 52 - 14 = 38, draining 19 HP. This would put Ike back to 24 HP. If he had as little as Fortify Res 1 or a C support within two tiles of him—or, hell, even Hone Atk 1, letting him drain 1 more HP—he'd survive. Of course, this all goes out the window if he's -Res or -HP, but still.

8 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

You sure about that? What are your boon/bane and what buff(s) were on Ike?

Assuming that's a Hone Atk 3 on Tharja, it falling off would bring her down to 49 Atk. Neutral Ike has 21 Res, which becomes 25 with Warding Breath. First blow would do 24 damage to him, leaving him at 5 HP. Neutral Ike has 52 Atk. A counter Radiant Aether would do 52 - 14 = 38, draining 19 HP. This would put Ike back to 24 HP. If he had as little as Fortify Res 1 or a C support within two tiles of him—or, hell, even Hone Atk 1, letting him drain 1 more HP—he'd survive. Of course, this all goes out the window if he's -Res or -HP, but still.

He is +DEF/-HP with a Hone ATK+3 from Cherche, but no support or other buffs. Now I feel double stupid, he would have killed her on his counter because of the Hone. 

51 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

If it makes you feel better, I wasn't paying enough attention to the HP total, either, so when I suggested Hone Atk 1 for the extra HP drain, I was overlooking the fact that that would also be enough to kill her.

In my first tries with him he died or would have died to red mages in arena, thus I didn't even border to double-check my calcs in that situation. 

18 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Raven, Lucius, Merric, and Lyon

This was your team. So that would have been the week I was running Myrrh. The score would have been between 720 and 730. No, that seems way too high for your team. I think I already had a 7 win streak so I might have been messing around with some of my other teams. Or maybe it was the intermediate team and I picked it because I recognized your name and lead unit? Either way it was at the very least 710.

16 hours ago, Clogon said:

What really? How did my AI do?

Lol, yeah. I sent a friend request, you accepted. Dang it was like 3 or 4 weeks ago, maybe longer. It's hard to remember, but I seem to recall Nino being a pain in the ass with draw back and I believe they might have gotten a kill, but I went with it anyway because I already had a 7 win streak for the week. Eirika may have killed my Ike with Swordbreaker? 

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Answer: 

1. I was stupid

7. Clearly not running Clair with a Berkuts Lance!

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

but your cordelia cant tank Reinhardt or Nino ;)

Nope, she can't. But I like her ATK stat and ... well, Galeforce stuff. Actually Cordelia is the only one on my arena team with the ability to tank mages (but only red). Btw: Cordelia & Co. don't have trouble killing dragons. :-)