Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

While Razzle Dazzle Priscilla is absolutely evil, I'd have to say CC Vantage M!Robin is pretty nasty too. I had an Arena Assault ruined to it.

Defense Team now contains two Chroms to lure players. It seems to have worked, a Myrrh lead already choked on my team and landed in my defense wins.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got back into Teir 20 this week and got a score of 5096. Hopefully that should be enough to let me stay in Tier 20.

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

I stayed with 5088 last week so you should be fine!

Thanks! I think I got like 5070 something last week, and I did not bother fishing too much. I gave my Olivia a few extra merges just to be safe.

My revenge begins. Team Go Fuck Yourself has been deployed as my defense team:

+10 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere [unique], Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, Quickened Pulse)
+10 Spring Camilla [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Iote's Shield)
+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Pain+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Miracle, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Savage Blow 3, Def Tactic 3)
+7 Priscilla [+Spd, -Def] (Pain+ [Dazzling Staff], Rehabilitate+, Miracle, [none], Wrathful Staff 3, Savage Blow 3, Savage Blow 3)

I'll fill in Priscilla's A slot later. It'll probably be Attack +3.

Now I just need a Clarine and Nanna.

Now that it isn't water season and Fjorm isn't a bonus, I may be able to scrape back into tier 20 with 4924 score. Hopefully.

Haven't seen any cancerous healers at this range. I suppose it's only a whale level problem.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My revenge lecture begins. Team Go Fuck Educate Yourself has been deployed as my defense team:

I changed it to a more positive message.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

+10 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere [unique], Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, Quickened Pulse)
+10 Spring Camilla [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Iote's Shield)

I think you forgot to put Hardy Bearing on either SF!Camilla or Minerva, just in case some fuckers students like to run Vantage.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is going to be a fun week.

Of course it is, torturing players educating students is always rewarding.

9 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Haven't seen any cancerous healers at this range. I suppose it's only a whale level problem.

I have not seen them either, but I do not really mind them though since I run a Player Phase team. The only thing I am vulnerable against are ranged cavalry teams on that one map with parallel vertical bridges, although if I can create a new Arena team with HNY!Azura and WOF!Hinoka, I imagine that map would be a piece of cake too.

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think you forgot to put Hardy Bearing on either SF!Camilla or Minerva, just in case some fuckers students like to run Vantage.

That's what Dazzling Staff is for. Based on what I know about the AI, the staff users will attack first due to being able to attack without retaliation, leaving the fliers on Reposition duty if they are in range.

Looks like I have 2 wins now since switching my team up. I might experiment a bit later (I'll give it 48 hours before I change my team) and see if Gravity+ on Elise gives better results.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My revenge begins. Team Go Fuck Yourself has been deployed as my defense team:

+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Pain+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Miracle, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Savage Blow 3, Def Tactic 3)
+7 Priscilla [+Spd, -Def] (Pain+ [Dazzling Staff], Rehabilitate+, Miracle, [none], Wrathful Staff 3, Savage Blow 3, Savage Blow 3)

I'll fill in Priscilla's A slot later. It'll probably be Attack +3.

Now I just need a Clarine and Nanna.

Have you considered removing the healing spells? So as to guarantee that Priscilla and Elise just spend all of their time fucking the enemy team rather than occasionally healing?

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I have not seen them either

Really? I've seen a fair number of them in the 720s range.

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

I do not think I do. Either I do not actually see them since they do not show up, or I never noticed them because I killed them so quickly. I accept battles from the 724 to 730 range and I do not recall seeing infantry or cavalry staff users much.

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Have you considered removing the healing spells? So as to guarantee that Priscilla and Elise just spend all of their time fucking the enemy team rather than occasionally healing?

Actually, I should probably just replace Fury on Minerva and Camilla with Life and Death or Swift Sparrow. Healing can actually be really annoying to deal with.

Actually, I should probably replace Wrathful Staff with Live to Serve, which reduces the chances that Priscilla and Elise will stand around healing each other, at least. Maybe also replace Camilla with New Year Azura for more middle fingers, though I only have her at +0 merge.

God, the amount of cancer one can pack into one team.

Ok i am confused, whats the point of some people in AA inheriting Aether to Zelgius. I mean Black Luna costs the exact same amount of SP and is waaaayyy more threatening.

I really dont understand it ¬.¬ someone enlighten me!

Aether Zeligus: meh easy to deal
Black Luna Zelgius: ok i need a dedicated counter to deal with this.

Finished my arena run with a score of 5,010 which has no problems getting me back to tier 20 (I think this is the first time I reached a 5k score without Fjorm bonuses, maybe it won't take that long for me to finally stay in tier 20). 

I got 2 defense wins for now. I seriously think it is because of Cordelia having Chill Def without being a Firesweep variant. 

39 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Ok i am confused, whats the point of some people in AA inheriting Aether to Zelgius. I mean Black Luna costs the exact same amount of SP and is waaaayyy more threatening.

I really dont understand it ¬.¬ someone enlighten me!

Aether Zeligus: meh easy to deal
Black Luna Zelgius: ok i need a dedicated counter to deal with this.

My best guess is that they inherited it to increase his sustain in Tempest and/or Rival Domains, then forgot to change it back.

4 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

My best guess is that they inherited it to increase his sustain in Tempest and/or Rival Domains, then forgot to change it back.

@Hilda

Half of me wants to think this is true, but the other half just thinks they're idiots.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

God, the amount of cancer one can pack into one team.

That is not cancer. That is education!

I wonder if giving my Elise Pain and running my Pain Nanna would be a good idea.  I have one Defense Win for the week so far, so it wouldn't hurt to experiment.

I hate Arena Assault. I choked, losing my Ninian on the final battle of the run because Helpful Chrom repo'd Performing Azura to refresh M!Grima to score the kill. I was just so weary after facing a double Reinhardt team. Spring Xander took a beating from Meister Reinhardt and Firesweep CA Brave Lyn, shrugged it off, and took them out.

Thanks to that final troll team, I finished with a pathetic 4,872. Will I ever crack the 4,900 mark in Assault? It's bad enough that a run takes me a good half hour or more to plan out the teams and carefully out-maneuver the troll teams, it's worse when my units get zero SP/HM out of it.

But I shouldn't get mad, I should get even. Next Dorcas or bad-IV F!Kana I get provides Fierce Stance to Meister Reinhardt for the defense team.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

2 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

I hate Arena Assault. I choked, losing my Ninian on the final battle of the run because Helpful Chrom repo'd Performing Azura to refresh M!Grima to score the kill. I was just so weary after facing a double Reinhardt team. Spring Xander took a beating from Meister Reinhardt and Firesweep CA Brave Lyn, shrugged it off, and took them out.

Thanks to that final troll team, I finished with a pathetic 4,872. Will I ever crack the 4,900 mark in Assault? It's bad enough that a run takes me a good half hour or more to plan out the teams and carefully out-maneuver the troll teams, it's worse when my units get zero SP/HM out of it.

But I shouldn't get mad, I should get even. Next Dorcas or bad-IV F!Kana I get provides Fierce Stance to Meister Reinhardt for the defense team.

Arena Assault generally should not be too bad. If you are having difficulty with it, you probably need more cheap counters.

If you have the resources, I recommend creating a dedicated armor team and set that as Team 1. I would not worry too much about making the armor team viable since its primary purpose is to get you a high score; it is NOT there to win you battles consistently. You can spam surrender and pick an enemy team that you think your armor team can win against, so it does not really matter if it sucks against most teams as long as it is good against a few defense teams. I would then set your Arena team as Team 7 since your Arena team is generally a player's best team and can handle practically anything, so it is pretty much a guaranteed win. If you go into Arena Assault with the mindset of having to only win 5 battles in a row instead of 7, it makes the run a lot less daunting and stressful.

If you do not have the resources, you can set your Arena team as Team 1 and go in with a mindset of having to win only 6 battles in a row.

On 25.4.2018 at 12:36 AM, Zeo said:

That's evil and amazing at the same time. That is over 40 Ninos pulled. Jesus. I like the builds though, it's easy to just make her a Blade Tome unit but you can do a lot with her and the [DEF] Owl Tome build is strangely popular among the +10's. I'm not looking forward to that at all. I'm honestly not sure how my endgame team would deal with that.

Also your AA team is fantastic. It's nice that I finally get to see it. I likely won't reach your score area for a while as 2 of my units are ranged at the cost of BST, but I'll get there. 

I haven't done any Arena for this week yet. Just coasting along. Will get around to it later on.

Oh sorry, I only came to reply to this now. I had your post open in a tap of another device. 

My combat against those 44 Ninos has not been fortunate at all. It was difficult to split the group, because they where all of the same color and where searching for low-res victims. The last remaining was Owl/CC-Nino which managed to sit on a DEF-tile, where my Roy wasn't able to one-round her which brought me to the classical Vantage dilemma. 

On 25.4.2018 at 12:36 AM, Zeo said:

Also your AA team is fantastic. It's nice that I finally get to see it. I likely won't reach your score area for a while as 2 of my units are ranged at the cost of BST, but I'll get there. 

Thanks, I'm quite fond of them! With the current feather inflation, you shouldn't take long to arrive there too. Too bad Shiro and Roy won't get many additional merges. 

The Jeorge I found here made me think if I should start a colorless merging project. Jeorge or Leon would be good candidates. 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:40 PM, Astellius said:

On 4/25/2018 at 12:44 PM, XRay said:

I do not think I do. Either I do not actually see them since they do not show up, or I never noticed them because I killed them so quickly. I accept battles from the 724 to 730 range and I do not recall seeing infantry or cavalry staff users much.

Well, I just saw a team with nothing but healers today in Arena Assault! My Team 1 armor team usually gets a score of around 714~722, give or take a few extra points.

Lissa:

Spoiler

G2eqNsJ.png

BB!Lyn:

Spoiler

bDFhgnX.png

Clarine:

Spoiler

FAUQUBj.png

Priscilla:

Spoiler

oBmUbfl.png

I used my flier team and NS!Corrin just nuked everyone down. It was a piece of cake. I wish every battle were as easy as this!

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Oh sorry, I only came to reply to this now. I had your post open in a tap of another device. 

My combat against those 44 Ninos has not been fortunate at all. It was difficult to split the group, because they where all of the same color and where searching for low-res victims. The last remaining was Owl/CC-Nino which managed to sit on a DEF-tile, where my Roy wasn't able to one-round her which brought me to the classical Vantage dilemma. 

My TA-Raven Sophia would have eaten them for breakfast.

Ah the good old Vantage trap. I still occasionally run into that when I'm not paying attention. Maybe what everyone was saying to me in the question thread about it not being bad to have more than one of a single type of unit for a situation was truer than I thought, especially if I could face mono teams like that more than once in Arena. If I had to fight a team like that more than twice I'd have problems too.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks, I'm quite fond of them! With the current feather inflation, you shouldn't take long to arrive there too. Too bad Shiro and Roy won't get many additional merges. 

The Jeorge I found here made me think if I should start a colorless merging project. Jeorge or Leon would be good candidates. 

With the way the feathers have been coming in, I've given Nino 4 merges, given Faye a Guard Bow+ and given Lukas his first merge. All I'll need is copies soon enough. I'll get there. Maybe I'll run into your team at some point when that happens.

Jeorge was my *5 +10 of choice at the beginning but FE7 bias has been creeping up on me and I'm looking at that +ATK/-DEF Rebecca I pulled for a Firesweep Bow+ build. That and I pulled a bad nature Jeorge at *5 so I can do a super *4 merge of him. Then there's Reinfleche which Rebecca could get down the road and if that makes her a better unit the decision will be even harder.

Oo yeah baby. Gaius as a free unit is exactly what I needed. Didn't want to fodder Lloyd for pass 3. I'm taking my slaying lance Camus to arena with pass. Yea, laugh all you want