Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

6 minutes ago, Usana said:

@Hawk King With just Eirika as a +10 I do realize staying in 20 isn't going to happen ordinarily. I had just thought that my 720+ scores I was seeing would have got me up high enough and was surprised that it wasn't enough. However, looking at the first deathless run score I realized my average was pretty darn low. Nearly every matchup must have been near bottom of the score barrel.

A second deathless run got me a 720 average which is more expected since it is close to the middle. 3600 though is only good for rank #7191. About 1500 ranks off from staying.

As for +10. The simple fact is most of the units I want to play with? Yeah. 5* exclusives. Even with the kind of money I've dumped on this game that ain't happening. Amelia is the only one even remotely close. And I don't want to even think of the dollar amount that went into her. As for the ones more easily available that I like. Way too many reds. I have a hard time thinking a non-red that I really like that isn't named Amelia or Hector or I guess my Ephraim. Let alone available as a 3 or 4 star. So my teams will almost always be a mix of variable merge levels. Which is why I really only try to stay in during fire season. My only 5*+10 is fire blessed so that is really the only team that stands a chance.  It just kinda surprised me because I could have sworn I had stayed in 20 before(or at least come darn close) with a full deathless run, but this time it wasn't even close.

My score's average is just under 732 and it is well within the threshold of staying. If you fish for your higher scores you should be able to stay.

Arena is such a vital source for getting resources that I don't care about using my favorites so much as I just want to be getting as many feathers per week as possible. Once I get my 7-win, now 5-win, streak to keep me in tier 20, then I sometimes switch it up if I want to use other teams.

Nowi certainly wasn't one of my favorites from Awakening, and I still haven't played SoV, but I love Lukas simply for his performance in Heroes.

Point is that having a core of +10s to get you the max rewards is worth the investment even if they aren't your absolute favorites.

Team balance isn't important either, my core has 2 blues and 1 red and my bonus unit each week is almost always a 3rd blue or a 2nd red. As long as you have a strong unit to cover their weakness, you can totally run 3 reds. Which your Amelia seems to be a pretty good candidate for that.

Speaking of fishing, I'm up to 573 dueling crests. I just don't ever need to use them outside of when we need 10 Arena wins over two days for VG rewards.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up having to fish again for 728*4 + 730 (3642) because 726*3 + 728 * 2 (3634) was looking too close to dropping for my liking. Not really a fan of the new changes as a borderline T20 stayer. Ryoma bonus this week at least gives me the flexibility of using whatever as my 4th unit so I can score optimize that but next week I don't have the luxury of that so it's probably gonna be rough.

I think the inflation has reached Arena Assault for some reason. It's so weird considering earth and fire are the elements that are abused the least abused out of the four. It's remarkable how 5,054 was acceptable enough to be in the 3,000-5,000 range a couple weeks back but somehow it (likely) won't now.

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I think the inflation has reached Arena Assault for some reason. It's so weird considering earth and fire are the elements that are abused the least abused out of the four. It's remarkable how 5,054 was acceptable enough to be in the 3,000-5,000 range a couple weeks back but somehow it (likely) won't now.

Actually earth is the second-most abused. Alongside water, it's the only other element that doesn't require taking a unit type with a lesser score. That is, water has a melee infantry and earth has both a melee infantry and melee flier. Meanwhile, wind can field a ranged horse (say bye-bye BST) or an archer (a little better, but still worse than melee) and fire can only field a melee horse (not as bad as Gunnthra, but still). This mean Fjorm, Ike and F!Grima are gonna be Kings of the Hill when it comes to abusing blessings for score. Of course, they could very well topple straight off if IS ever releases a legendary armour and/or trainee.

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Actually earth is the second-most abused. Alongside water, it's the only other element that doesn't require taking a unit type with a lesser score. That is, water has a melee infantry and earth has both a melee infantry and melee flier. Meanwhile, wind can field a ranged horse (say bye-bye BST) or an archer (a little better, but still worse than melee) and fire can only field a melee horse (not as bad as Gunnthra, but still). This mean Fjorm, Ike and F!Grima are gonna be Kings of the Hill when it comes to abusing blessings for score. Of course, they could very well topple straight off if IS ever releases a legendary armour and/or trainee.

Derp I meant to say wind, but all you said was right. It's still so weird to have my scores suddenly not up to snuff.

The new arena changes have made me think I need to invest in a new blue unit for my arena team. I currently use Ninian but because she's not really worth too many points my scoring is getting quite close to the threshold. I'm thinking Nowi would be a solid investment, although I currently only have enough for +1 so it would be a fairly long term project until I start pulling on blue.

Amusingly enough, I’ve got a defence win today too:
Screenshot_20180513-151047.png

Was it Fjorm who took down this Hinoka? Was there even Hinoka in that team?
No one knows because in IS’ infinite wisdom they didn’t provide us with a means of replay our successful (and/or unsuccessful) defences. Maybe one day?

39 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Amusingly enough, I’ve got a defence win today too:

Was it Fjorm who took down this Hinoka? Was there even Hinoka in that team?
No one knows because in IS’ infinite wisdom they didn’t provide us with a means of replay our successful (and/or unsuccessful) defences. Maybe one day?

I don't think it's realistic for them to store that much data, hundreds of thousands if not millions of defense wins happen every week, and each would be a significant amount of data. At the moment all they need to store is a internal user ID and the score value which is orders of magnitude less data.

Amelia continues my streak of not needing to use any new heroes. Also, being an armour is going to make scoring pretty easy next week.

Also, firesweep B!Lyn sent me from 0 defense wins to 3 in the span of 24 hours. Absolutely disgusting.

Edited by Korath88

I used to sit comfortably in the middle of Tier 20, now I'm frightened to drop out again... Rank 5131 currently with 3636. I could bait for 5 matches with 728 points, but I haven't gotten anything higher this week which sucks. Last week I still got matches above 730 points.

I don't mind the changes to the Arena. I'm a little worried that I might struggle a bit next season...may have to sacrifice my last Ike to Mae, but she's precious, so she deserves the best. But this season worked out fine. For some reason, I had my one lonely defense win for most of the week, and yesterday and today, I ended up with 5 more. Did some fishing for a high-ish score and ended with 3660. I'm pretty comfortably ranked 1843/5868, so my fishing feels unnecessary...but my ego is content. 

I'm a little shaky on AA. On one hand, I got my highest ever score: 5128 using my four +10 units as starters. But I'm ranked  2382 right now. I'm hoping that means I'll get to stay in the top 3k. XD I'm not in desperate need of feathers...but once again, my ego wants it.

Before the changes I bounced between tier 18 and 19 and now I'm about to fall to 17. Lovely. I'm really starting to lose interest in arena since it's becoming increasingly obvious that it just isn't meant for f2p players.

3528 points is now within 500 ranks (13472/13904) of dropping to T18 so I'm not very optimistic. Made a halfhearted attempt to fish for a better score, but after 3 crests producing 0 fights over 704, I gave up, it's not worth the hassle if this is the new normal. At least I gave away about a dozen defense wins in the process.

Dang, had to use quite a bunch of crests fishing for higher scoring teams. It's usually not such a hassle getting back in T20.

3536 ranks me at 11,134 right now, still on the edge of dropping to T18. Fingers crossed for tommorow.

45 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

We just had water last week and the primary element is wind because of Lyn, which means next week should be wind/earth.

Welp, off to 18 I go on the 22th, then. Was fun bouncing while it lasted.

16 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

At least I have F!Grima

For what? The bonus unit is F!Robin, not Grima.

Edit: Or maybe you were talking about applying Earth bonus stats with her, since next season will have Earth benefits? I admit, I didn't immediately think of that.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

I remembered to do Arena this week.

Those 30 Sacred Coins and gold rocks I missed last week are going to haunt me forever. T.T

I hope they let us farm the things in the future. Maybe let us trade Arena Medallions for them or something to actually give us a reason to use dueling sword restores now that there is even less of a reason to use them.

Tier 19

Score: 3,674
Defense: 616 (7)

Arena Assault

Score: 5,220

Apparently, pulling my score up from 5,200 to 5,208 bumped my rank up from ~980 to ~790 last night, and the bump up to 5,220 was worth rank 320 or so last night. So goddamn competitive up here.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Apparently, pulling my score up from 5,200 to 5,208 bumped my rank up from ~980 to ~790 last night, and the bump up to 5,220 was worth rank 320 or so last night. So goddamn competitive up here.

I'm in a more than 50 way tie for Rank #586 with my score of 5214.

And when I could see people ahead of me there were over 70 people with a score of 5216.

Because of the ties, there are definitely more than 1000 people getting the max rewards.