Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

12 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

The arena lineup for this week made me so conflicted. I built an M!Kana specifically to use him in this arena season since I figured I wouldn't have someone to use except Anna (who isn't built). This is the first time in months that I build up a unit just to use them in arena only to see that my fully built Klein and fully built F!Robin both count this week...I'm happy because it means I can now use my main team without substituting anybody, or switch to my current favorite team (Awakening family team). At that the same time I'm so mad I put those feathers into an M!Kana I'm probably not going to use.

Just use him anyway. You spent the time and resources building him so you mind as well get some use out of him.

In the future, wait until the next bonus units are announced before you spend feathers to build a unit. You can do all the busy work like SP grinding with the 4* version, and if you do end up needing a bonus unit then you can promote and use shards and crystals to level them up in no time.

+10 Amelia with boosted stats is fun. Effectively 220 BST. Plus she brings me up to the "almost exclusively armors" range of 740+  where the duo of Caeda + Lukas dominates.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

o55qDft.png

Mine is only +9 but she feels like she is a TT boss. Her team may only be worth 714 on average but it is hilariously easy to win. Put Amelia in range. Win. That is it. Maybe I should trade her buddy Hardin out for a second L!Ike to get to 66 attack. But that probably isn't needed. I could equip Fury 3? I am not seeing much ranged right now in the arena.

On ‎2018‎年‎5‎月‎15‎日 at 6:01 PM, mampfoid said:

My AA point slave Shiro (+5) boosts my score to 3,598 which should be enough to get into Tier 20 once more. The current rate of score inflation is worrying, especially since I'm not getting any additional merges for my core team since weeks. 

/Edit: Also my first Defense win arrived already. 

/Edit2:

Also AA is done with a new personal highscore 5,060, which won't be enough for top 5k. 

I met some interesting teams:

@Arcanite Pure Oboro +10, my first ever 730 matchup:

Reveal hidden contents

4JTKlhR.png

gXGpFiA.png

LEU1Rqx.png

edpcW0L.png

Someone pulled a lot of green, @Rafiel's Aria:

Reveal hidden contents

kGjxrwN.png

CdikGyN.png

hSKuPot.png

nHce3eI.png

Gronraven Merric is +8, the rest +10.

All those Merrics..... And I thought I loved him. XD Clearly someone loves him or memes more.

Sadly, this is my first season not running Merric on my Arena team since I started building merged teams. My team feels a bit empty without him, but it's hard to be too sad when Mae's there to cheer you up. She's a fabulous addition with CRAZY power and speed under the right conditions. It's also nice having someone who can tank and destroy Winter Tharja since she usually gives me trouble. Also, running Amelia hasn't been much of a problem. She's kind of crazy with the stat boosts. I am a little worried about my score. I did quite a bit of fishing, and it still might not be enough to stay in tier 20... 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Rafiel's Aria No reason to be sad, we can't play always the same units. Your Mae (from the compendium thread) looks cool and you are in a comfortable situation to choose between highly merged units. Btw: Who will be your next +10 project? 

I'm honestly not sure. At the moment, I'm just saving feathers. I haven't done a +10 red yet. Originally, I was going to do Adult Tiki. I got a few merges on her, but she's honestly not one of my faves. And as she is, she destroys most things. M. Morgan is someone I'd like to build as a +10, but I don't have nearly enough copies of him yet. For blues, Lukas has been someone I've wanted to +10 for a while, but I'm still lacking one copy. Sully is someone else I've kind of been considering. I like her character a lot, and it'd be nice to give her a build to reflect that. I was thinking something with Berkut's Lance, Distant Counter...the whole shebang. But once again, not enough copies (since I made her a 4*+10) and not enough fodder. I haven't pulled any 4 star copies of Shigure yet, but I'm 100% building him up as well. He's too amazing and beautiful to pass up. Finally, Leon and Virion are also on my list. I've got enough copies to finish both of them. I have an ideal merge base and completed builds for both of them already. I just finished a colorless unit, but more than likely I may work on Leon next. I've got two merges on him already. At the moment, I'm sitting on 66k feathers. I may try to grind HM this weekend since I've been neglecting that lately. So I'm thinking that I'll wait until I've got 200k and see how I feel about finishing him off all at once. But part of me also wants to jump on Virion since like...no one builds the poor guy. XD If only he was still in the Arena rotation.

@Rafiel's Aria Nice list! I also like M!Morgans set and would like use him more. He needs a team that can use his buffs/debuffs. Sully is an underdog I've never considered. Perhaps I should play her in Awakening to see if I like her more than swordbreaker

Thanks to having an actual unit of worth for a bonus unit (+4 Amelia) I was able to get some decent score. I doubt it's enough to stay in T20, but it's a personal best for me, at least.

Currently sitting at rank 4,363 with T19 cutoff is rank 5,593 and below.

Screenshot_20180518-092950.png

I could try to score higher if I surrendered all the battles that scored below 730. Maybe I will if dropping down to T19 seems imminent.

Edited by Raven

37 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Rafiel's Aria Nice list! I also like M!Morgans set and would like use him more. He needs a team that can use his buffs/debuffs. Sully is an underdog I've never considered. Perhaps I should play her in Awakening to see if I like her more than swordbreaker

I don't know if Sully's even considered a great unit in her home game. XD I mean...I always use her, but that's mostly because I like her. I usually pair her up with Chrom. I dunno' how it happened, but I just like the thought of someone who'd rather kick butt than talk things through becoming royalty. That and I'm partial towards "tomboys." If she gets any sort of upgrade soon, I'll definitely promote her. 

Also, because you gave me the gift of Merric, I give you the gift of Roy. I ran into this team during an AA match. ...Oddly enough, I was a little scared for a bit there. This is definitely some Boi dedication. I got to run Tana, Clair (with her new weapon...I need to build her), Micaiah, and Azura. XD 

Spoiler

vf7uo0q.jpg?1

Each one had a pretty cool build too.

Spoiler

iH0sQI1.jpg?1

NYkNP6t.jpg?1

1Jtdib4.jpg?1

Yj15u6H.jpg?1

4 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Also, because you gave me the gift of Merric, I give you the gift of Roy. I ran into this team during an AA match. ...Oddly enough, I was a little scared for a bit there. This is definitely some Boi dedication. I got to run Tana, Clair (with her new weapon...I need to build her), Micaiah, and Azura. XD 

Wow, cool team. I'd never sacrifice so much TA fodder (and money), but it's great to see someone with these preferences. (Panic Ploy on a unit with 48 HP at +10 is a strange choice though). 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, cool team. I'd never sacrifice so much TA fodder (and money), but it's great to see someone with these preferences. (Panic Ploy on a unit with 48 HP at +10 is a strange choice though). 

I'm guessing it's for the bladetome users though I don't know if bladetomes are that relevant in the upper tiers anymore

12 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm guessing it's for the bladetome users though I don't know if bladetomes are that relevant in the upper tiers anymore

But the other Infantry Roy with higher HP also has Panic Ploy. 

18 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Leading with Swordbreaker Sharena looking to do my daily 4v1 AA quests, I clicked on an Arden thinking it was safe.

Reveal hidden contents

NoMmx5C.png

YTikeUd.png

It was not.  Jesus christ

Hahaha, that's awesome. I hate it when I run into random ass sets on the 1v1 part of the daily runs. 

On 5/18/2018 at 9:37 AM, Raven said:

Thanks to having an actual unit of worth for a bonus unit (+4 Amelia) I was able to get some decent score. I doubt it's enough to stay in T20, but it's a personal best for me, at least.

Currently sitting at rank 4,363 with T19 cutoff is rank 5,593 and below.

I could try to score higher if I surrendered all the battles that scored below 730. Maybe I will if dropping down to T19 seems imminent.

So I actually did manage to get 730+ per battle, with a score of 3,656 - currently ranked 2,706 in T20. I've pretty much cemented my stay in T20.

It would be nice to have a good +4 arena bonus unit all the time.

Datamined bonus heroes:

Spoiler

Next Season Arena Units

• Ninian - Bright-Eyed Bride

• Sanaki - Apostle in White

• Tharja - Obsessive Bride

• Marth - Altean Groom

• Julius - Scion of Darkness

• Clarisse - Sniper in the Dark

• Zelgius - Jet-Black General

• Julia - Naga's Blood

• Effie - Army of One

• Fjorm - Princess of Ice

31 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hmmm, pretty annoying that the second time Shiro is the bonus unit, I get no Defense wins :/

Maybe Shiro scores too high or something? Would usually have at least 1 by now. Kind of annoying @mampfoid

I'm perfectly happy with the 7 wins Shiro got me, it's more than I got in the weeks before. He boosted my score for sure, perhaps the players in that range got surprised by one of my GF units?

Had a pretty good season overall even though I had do some fishing for a better score. I'm still not sure if it'll be enough to keep me in tier 20. At the moment 3646 is rank 4216/5922. I may be a little closer to the cut-off than I'd like to be, but I can't do anything about it! Oh well!

I had one REALLY lucky run in AA that had a lot of really high scores. Got 5160 which is rank 1869.

After feather rewards, I should break 100k feathers for the first time in a while now.

Zelgius is a bonus unit for the next arena season? Good, I have him at +4 and won’t need to pull for this year’s brides. Being mages, I’d have to whale hard to get them to score better than him.

Still will have to burn crests to make up for lowballs since this is also a Fjorm Season.

Zelgius being a bonus unit for next week means I'll have to think about what fourth unit can score the highest for me, I have an incomplete Adult Tiki that should be able to score quite high so I can use her.

Got a death in the last match of my AA run, so 495X points this week, which means another week in the 10K-20K bracket. 

Nice to see that next one is Fjorm's season, that means that Niles can debut in my regular Arena team :D

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

Got a death in the last match of my AA run, so 495X points this week, which means another week in the 10K-20K bracket. 

Nice to see that next one is Fjorm's season, that means that Niles can debut in my regular Arena team :D

No more time to try again? I'd never end a week without a 7-win streak, but I understand that does not apply to everybody.

As for me, it truly saddens me that the threshold is skyrocketing so quickly in AA and the dumb game isn't giving me copies for my core to keep up (pulled blue for Ninian, but got no Nowis in the process, once again). Figures the day would continue being annoying after GC, -Att Ninian, the Ares/non-Lene drop... le sigh....

24 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

As for me, it truly saddens me that the threshold is skyrocketing so quickly in AA and the dumb game isn't giving me copies for my core to keep up

Yeah, I feel you. No Roy, Cherche, Cordelia and Caeda (will replace BH!Roy) in months for me. Only one Cordelia which was booked for Oscars GF. 

I managed to score a new personal record this week, but no chance to stay in top 5k anymore. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I feel you. No Roy, Cherche, Cordelia and Caeda (will replace BH!Roy) in months for me. Only one Cordelia which was booked for Oscars GF. 

I managed to score a new personal record this week, but no chance to stay in top 5k anymore. 

Where is the line at for top 5k, since that will be my new home for the time being? All I know is that 5124 was fine last week (#28XX) and now 5128 isn't enough and the minimum requirement seems to be 5132 and up.