Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

5 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I’m going to miss using Brave Hector. These are going to be a dark couple of weeks when I have to use Anna of all people as my bonus unit. Man do they suck this time. 

Promote a Tailtiu?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Wooo, made it to Tier 18, don't expect to last but I'm glad I got the 4 Orbs~

Try to shoot for 700 base points a battle (excluding bonus points from kills), which is about the score required to maintain T18.5 and therefore earn 4 orbs every week. This is achievable with minimal merging, possibly none at all if you take into account bonus score from active blessings.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Try to shoot for 700 base points a battle (excluding bonus points from kills), which is about the score required to maintain T18.5 and therefore earn 4 orbs every week. This is achievable with minimal merging, possibly none at all if you take into account bonus score from active blessings.

I really do need to pay more attention to the Blessings, I usually don't pay them much attention but I've been doing better lately so I'll try to make it a goal to stay in 18~

6 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Wow congrats! Narcian clearly belongs to tier 21. 

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It looks like Tier 21 this past week was about 90% as large it will be at equilibrium. That means Tier 21 is not going to get much bigger than about 5,600 players with only 1,700 staying in Tier 21 every week.

Interesting, this means I won't stay in tier 21 anytime soon. Do you know how big the "staying in tier 20" group was in comparison (before the introduction of tier 21)? 

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow congrats! Narcian clearly belongs to tier 21. 

Interesting, this means I won't stay in tier 21 anytime soon. Do you know how big the "staying in tier 20" group was in comparison (before the introduction of tier 21)? 

Based on this, it looks like about low-6000s.

Only ~1700 will stay permanently, ey? Well, suits me well. Not having to care every other week is really much better for me with the new system, and after my deliberate skip last week it does seem to be a bit easier with this batch of competitors to go back into T21, even with CYL units making it a bit harder the last two seasons.

3710 ended up dropping out of the promoting to Tier 21 range last night, and I wasted about 80 crests today fishing and trying to get a higher score, but I failed in the end.  Stayed in 20... I was so mad at the arena earlier, yikes.  I can't recall the last time I was this pissed off at a game.  :sob:

Veronica is by far the most annoying enemy unit I've ever gone up against.  I really don't know how to deal with her.  

Maybe this week will be better... (I've only promoted into Tier 21 once so far.)

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Veronica is by far the most annoying enemy unit I've ever gone up against.  I really don't know how to deal with her.  

Staffs check EP units (since they have to get attacked to function, and staves inflict some pretty painful debuffs when you let them hit) but are checked by PP units (since they murder people without being attacked).

Depending how much score you can get you can also just stack arena score to the point where horse staves are rare---and even when they pop up, are part of a low mobility team, meaning you can just lure them out of position and then kill them.

Did a lot of fishing and reached a score of 3,708, which is less than my 3,721 two weeks ago with BH!Celica. 

It's no big surprise Valter dumped my score, but at least his Desperation + Brash Assault kit worked here for 18 kills. Guess others will have the same problem with CYL2 units no longer being bonus, so hopefully it will be enough to enter tier 21 for my second time. 

Had to change some skills since tactics didn't work with a 3rd Flier, but double Goad Fliers, double Drive Def, Hone ATK and Drive ATK worked fine. http://tinyurl.com/y8zsw6kr

Managed a score of 3,750 this week. Marth did well and only missed 2 kills in the very first match. There was a Genny and a Lute on the boat map that I couldn't manage to lure right since they moved oddly with the boxes. Unlike Alfonse, he had some trouble with Effies and Brave Hectors when a def tile wasn't present to abuse, but he still managed to bust through them with Camilla's Atk Tactic and Def Ploy support.

6 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I just encountered an Arena Lewyn +10 with 60 Atk, 52 Spd, Dragon Fang, Special Spiral, Flashing Blade Seal and two of his teammates running Infantry Pulse.

I ran into a +10 Lilina with a Special Spiral build too, including DB4 and Atk Wave. Basically perfect. Best part was that instead of 2 Infantry Pulse teammates, it was 2 +10 Legendary Hectors boosting her. I had to double check it was actually 2 of the same unit, and it was one with Bold Fighter and the other Vengeful Fighter.

Holy hell, I had to do a 2nd Arena run with a few hours remaining because 3784 fell below the cut to stay in Tier 21.

And this season will be really rough for me unless I pull a few copies of one of the new Heroes.

I might have to add a few merges and high end skills to my +1 Tailtiu. Although, I don't like my chances of getting every kill with her.

This is starting to get stressful. I can't wait for one of my already built high merge units to be one of the bonus units.

20 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I might have to add a few merges and high end skills to my +1 Tailtiu. Although, I don't like my chances of getting every kill with her.

You can put a giant pile of Tactic seals on your other characters and try to just Blarblade your way through the world. (Maybe some Savage Blow here or there to help chip HP.)

I know I'm going to be doing the exact same thing with my Marth, granted Marth is a way better color for the high Arena.

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hey guys, do you think that 3656 could be enough to stay in T20 now that T21 exists? I don’t think I can do it much better with only Tailtiu, Valter and Anna as options for this week

No, it won't be enough. The cutoff last week was about 3700 points, and even if we account for a CYL units no longer being bonus units, it'll probably fall by 10, 20 points at most.

Well, with my new +5 Lewyn as a bonus unit, I had a much easier time in the arena... I got a score of 3727 without any fishing.  Lewyn usually got 2 or 3 kills per fight.  I wonder if that'll be enough to promote to Tier 21 this week?  I just fell short by a couple hundred ranks at 3710 last week.  If not, I'm sure I can raise it even more, since he makes things so much easier!  :wub:  

3 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Well, with my new +5 Lewyn as a bonus unit, I had a much easier time in the arena... I got a score of 3727 without any fishing.  Lewyn usually got 2 or 3 kills per fight.  I wonder if that'll be enough to promote to Tier 21 this week?  I just fell short by a couple hundred ranks at 3710 last week.  If not, I'm sure I can raise it even more, since he makes things so much easier!  :wub:  

I promoted with a score of 3,721 two weeks ago. I hope this week the treshold is lower, since the CYL2 units are no longer bonus. 

Wow, a +5 Lewyn? You seem to like this guy and having a lot of luck pulling green. 

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can put a giant pile of Tactic seals on your other characters and try to just Blarblade your way through the world. (Maybe some Savage Blow here or there to help chip HP.)

I know I'm going to be doing the exact same thing with my Marth, granted Marth is a way better color for the high Arena.

Yeah, if I am forced to use her that will be the plan. Atk, Def, and Res Tactics plus a Hone Spd.

Unfortunately, I was only able to pull one L!Marth because the game kept throwing Lenes at me. Seven to be exact.

I hope I don't need to spend 100k+ feathers to power-up an existing unit or pull 3+ copies of a new unit every two weeks in order to stay in Tier 21. Whether its in game currency or real life currency, that will get expensive.