Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Oh thanks! i'd totally like that. i'm on my way for thanksgiving dinner, would you just want me to pm you my units etc when i get back?

Sure, whatever works for you.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than a minor hiccup during Arena Assault due to forgetting to reequip Sheena's weapon, this week went rather well.

Numbers from half an hour before closing:

Tier 21

Score: 3,799
Defense: 630 (×4)

+8 Laegjarn [+Spd, -Res] (Niu, Reposition, Bonfire, R Duel Flying 3, Chill Atk 3, Distant Guard 3, Close Def 3) [Earth]
+10 Legendary Tiki [+Atk, -Res] (Divine Mist, Swap, Aether, Fierce Breath, Bold Fighter 3, With Everyone!, Quick Riposte 3)
+10 Legendary Hector [+Atk, -Res] (Thunder Armads, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Ostia's Pulse, Res Tactic 3)
+10 Legendary Robin [+Spd, -Res] (Expiration, Reposition, Aether, Dragonskin, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Fliers, Def Tactic 3)

Arena Assault

Score: 5,276

Man, I was at rank 2,500-ish for AA last night and usually that's pretty safe to hold over through the last day, but not this time. I didn't bother to play more today and I dropped to 3,015 and just barely fell out. First time out of the top 3k in many months. I guess I should have fished for a better run but I didn't think it would be needed.

Also dropped back to tier 20, despite trying hard to see if I'd manage to stay in 21 for the 4th week in a row. I should have waited till he last day to see how rankings really looked, since 3,776 seemed maybe possible early on this week, but I was about a full 500 places below the cutoff by today. I had no chance after all without a merged Fjorm for a bonus unit.

Until Green and Blue Duel Flier skills come out, I guess I need to stop caring as much about arena since I can't boost my score much more for the time being. I need to replace Peri on my AA team since her cav BST is holding me back a bit, but the game won't give me more merges for my other projects so I still don't have anything better.

Edited by Alkaid

Offense score of 5810 (T21) remains in T21, combining with a defense score of 594 for max rewards.

Fjorm in water week was fun. I got to run her alongside water-blessed Caeda, Myrrh, and Marth for Tactics and Combat buff support that turned the strategy for most maps into "get-to-the-defense-tile-and-wait". It also helped that Brave Mercenary Ike decided to grace me with his presence on the latest Legendary Banner, allowing me to give her Steady Breath for massive one-round Bonfires (I found Ignis both unnecessary and prone to getting denied by Special Fighter). I've got one more week of that, though I won't have quite the combat buff power of Marth with my 3-unit Earth lineup backing her.

Edited by LordFrigid

Yikes. My poor team has slowly been falling behind in AA. IDK what happened this week. I can't remember my exact score. I do know I ended up with some lower scoring matches (between 732 and 736), and I missed out on three points since my starting team didn't have the appropriate blessings...so it was probably somewhere around 5163 which dropped from the top 5k. That was really surprising. I haven't had a lot of trouble with my normal team scoring well. Lucius isn't even in the starting line-up for AA. Must've just been Fjorm + Water season. I forgot how crazy competitive things could get with her around. 

It was my lazy week in Arena (to save crests and some sanity), so I dropped from tier 21. Got 3 defense wins. 

I took screen shots, but I don't have time to upload them so maybe later, but this week I also faced @LordFrigid's team in AA (It must've been you because there was a Caeda, Tana, NY!Azura, and....another flier I think) and @Shoblongoo's team in the normal Arena. (If that's your in-game name. I vaguely recognized it from the forum and figured there can't be many others out there with a name like yours!) Kinda weird seeing two SF members this week.

Now that I've kind of gotten around to building the units I really wanted to build (Shigure and Libra aside), I can start building +10 units that might score a little better than all of my squishy mages. Caeda is first up, and she'll be the first non-infantry +10 I build. Got enough feathers to +7 her at the moment. Just a little more to go.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

@Rafiel's Aria Yeah, that sounds like my team. My fourth would've been Fjorm, I think. It could have been the neutral one or the built-up one, I changed up my team a few times in search of a defense win.

Glad you got a defense win. I would've given you that one (especially since that AA run ended up ending the match after yours anyways), but it was late enough in the week that I figured you probably had one already. 

36 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Congratulations! What team did you use? 

Thanks! This is my team:

0511.png

* Soren was +6 last week. I made him +7 yesterday. I needed Marth to have Reciprocal Aid, so he could "heal" Fjorm. 

Edit: Something in my head was saying: "You should summon in the Muspell banner now!". So I did it... And at 3% I got a Helbindi (+Res/-Spd)! Now I am thinking to give Soren the Duel Skill.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

So, uh, we're going to have fun with this [DATAMINE]:

Hide contents

MtqqzET_QPCxnufdp-HKB8bAqxn-tiZV371BoegLQck.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&s=37b25d87a36b0b50830ebe30c46114ff38d63782

I don't see how having two armored dragons as bonus units could go wrong.

Kinda not exactly i guess? Since bonus unit stats only affect us to begin with and we have Door Cash there which handles 1 of them

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I’m keeping Marth and Cecilia on my team for those two.

But really, Armoured Emblem Heroes is getting boring.

In other news, RIP 900 feathers because no defence wins after 4+ for the last three or four weeks. Salty.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m keeping Marth and Cecilia on my team for those two.

Legendary Tiki herself will be both my answer to them and my bonus unit. 

I also whiffed on getting even one defense win, but I expected as much from my cool but ultimately ineffective final boss goon squad (Julius, M!Grima, Garon, Anankumi).

Edited by Tybrosion

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Legendary Tiki herself will be both my answer to them and my bonus unit. 

She is absolutely digusting.

It’s likely that Alfonse will be my bonus units for these two weeks… it will suck a whole lot. The new bonus system is still shit and will forever be shit.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I got my first Arena Crown! I am so happy! 

Congrats! Nice team, I was just saying I wanted to build up a Soren~ Now I have some motivation~

So, uh, we're going to have fun with this [DATAMINE]:

Hide contents

MtqqzET_QPCxnufdp-HKB8bAqxn-tiZV371BoegLQck.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&s=37b25d87a36b0b50830ebe30c46114ff38d63782

At least I'll have a bonus unit and can stay in Tier 17 then~

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s likely that Alfonse will be my bonus units for these two weeks… it will suck a whole lot. The new bonus system is still shit and will forever be shit.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure I was able to hit T21 with Sharena specifically because of the new bonus system. Plus it's certainly more interesting.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

I dunno, I'm pretty sure I was able to hit T21 with Sharena specifically because of the new bonus system. Plus it's certainly more interesting.

Yeah, because it’s certainly interesting to have the units you’ve built play babysitter instead of, you know, doing their jobs by beating people up.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, because it’s certainly interesting to have the units you’ve built play babysitter instead of, you know, doing their jobs by beating people up.

Well, it's optional and only in regular Arena, so... yes, interesting. I mean jeez, I can outscore whales if I'm willing to take the challenge. There are plenty of times where I have to weaken enemies with my core units just for my bonus unit to get the kill.

It still kinda sucks that the other units have to sandbag themselves to make sure they don't kill the enemy. What might be a nice compromise is if they change the system so that the bonus points are still awarded, whether in part or in full, not just for a kill, but if the bonus unit simply dealt damage to the opposing unit. This would still complicate the strategy by requiring the unit to at least tag the enemy (and doing 0 wouldn't count), but not require the player to sandbag their other units.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

There are plenty of times where I have to weaken enemies with my core units just for my bonus unit to get the kill.

Weaken is the problem. You aren’t allowed to get kills on them which is what built units are for. And I thought Mercy skill was universally reviled.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Weaken is the problem. You aren’t allowed to get kills on them which is what built units are for. And I thought Mercy skill was universally reviled.

I disagree that built units are just there to kill things, and that this is how Arena works now suggests that IS agrees with me. I do think we could definitely use a Subdue skill/seal though.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Thanks! This is my team:

0511.png

* Soren was +6 last week. I made him +7 yesterday. I needed Marth to have Reciprocal Aid, so he could "heal" Fjorm. 

Edit: Something in my head was saying: "You should summon in the Muspell banner now!". So I did it... And at 3% I got a Helbindi (+Res/-Spd)! Now I am thinking to give Soren the Duel Skill.

Nice, and you still have merging potential. Soren would make good use of Helbindis skill, he can chill with his tome and chip with windsweep (alternatively double chill). 

Most of the bonus units where to be expected. Too bad Tiki and Alfonse run in the same rotation, of the Askirs Alfonse is best in getting the kills. 

Spoiler

Dorcas looks great