Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Hmm, I wonder how much is needed for this inflated week to go back into T21. I'm not too confident this week since L!Tiki teams will have no issue getting all the kills and points (my god that unit is stupid, almost killed my TA +RES Sheena in AA in a buffed state, that was hilarious). My Alfonse got most kills, but he just doesn't score as high, might have to fish a bit harder during the weekend, but lets see if 5730 will suffice. Still surprised at how buff Alfonse is with cheerleaders, even though I know how it's possible to turn almost any unit into a killing machine with them.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On weeks like this, where Fjorm isn't a bonus, I usually just spend one so I can immediately finish my run when the new season starts. Otherwise, I don't really spend anything unless a VG or something demands I do more.

On weeks where Fjorm is a bonus, I'll spend a bunch fishing to minmax my score a bit. I guess I'd also do similarly if any of my +10s end up as bonus units, too, but I don't have a lot of them and they don't have the same rotation benefit as Fjorm, so the likelihood of that isn't terribly high.

7 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

On weeks like this, where Fjorm isn't a bonus, I usually just spend one so I can immediately finish my run when the new season starts. Otherwise, I don't really spend anything unless a VG or something demands I do more.

On weeks where Fjorm is a bonus, I'll spend a bunch fishing to minmax my score a bit. I guess I'd also do similarly if any of my +10s end up as bonus units, too, but I don't have a lot of them and they don't have the same rotation benefit as Fjorm, so the likelihood of that isn't terribly high.

thanks for that. I usually just do the one run but then when i get back to it the next day i'm usually having to push to stay in my rank. my goal this session is to stay in 19, but this means i'm going to have to be in beginner. Intermediate keeps killing someone. 

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

thanks for that. I usually just do the one run but then when i get back to it the next day i'm usually having to push to stay in my rank. my goal this session is to stay in 19, but this means i'm going to have to be in beginner. Intermediate keeps killing someone. 

An interesting thing about T18 and T19 is that they are the only tiers where it's impossible to stay. If you're in either of these tiers, you either get promoted or demoted. As a result, if you can score in the low 3600s (the cutoff appeared to be 3612 last week) and get yourself into T20, or you may as well take it easy and accept the demotion to T18.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

An interesting thing about T18 and T19 is that they are the only tiers where it's impossible to stay. If you're in either of these tiers, you either get promoted or demoted. As a result, if you can score in the low 3600s (the cutoff appeared to be 3612 last week) and get yourself into T20, or you may as well take it easy and accept the demotion to T18.

LOL thanks for that. i don't mind the bouncing back and forth it would be nice to get to 20. (like. OOOO) but i think that would take some serious work on my part, so i'm probably gonna get demoted again lol. 

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This Mia Emblem (all +10, score 736 advanced) killed my Bride Lyn on AA fight 6 today:

aIhTe29.png

Didn't see the Drive SPD on OG Mia and got doubled. 

Wow! Someone really likes Mia and spent a lot to have this team. I mean... 2 +10 seasonal units? That's rare, I think...

I can see that the first Halloween Mia has Pain+, while the other one has Gravity+. Also,  a Hector (I don't know each one), a Lewyn and a Quan died for this Slaying Edge Mia. What we don't do for our favorite units, right? I killed a Brave Ike, a Black Knight, a Nephenee and a Micaiah for my Marth, and I don't regret it.

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Ouch, I'm still below that. I guess see you soon T17, again. The only problem with this is that I lose 1 orb every 2nd week when I get demoted to T17.

9 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Ouch, I'm still below that. I guess see you soon T17, again. The only problem with this is that I lose 1 orb every 2nd week when I get demoted to T17.

That's to go from 19 to 20. If you're in 18 and want to go to 19 it's significantly easier, about 3520 should do it and you get the 4 orbs.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That's to go from 19 to 20. If you're in 18 and want to go to 19 it's significantly easier, about 3520 should do it and you get the 4 orbs.

I think my points were around 3518, so I'm dancing on the edge again. I might be able to make my score better though.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Wow! Someone really likes Mia and spent a lot to have this team. I mean... 2 +10 seasonal units? That's rare, I think...

I can see that the first Halloween Mia has Pain+, while the other one has Gravity+. Also,  a Hector (I don't know each one), a Lewyn and a Quan died for this Slaying Edge Mia. What we don't do for our favorite units, right? I killed a Brave Ike, a Black Knight, a Nephenee and a Micaiah for my Marth, and I don't regret it.

All four had expensive sets: Slaying/DC/Special Spiral, Armorsmasher/DC/Special Spiral, Pain+/CC/Wrathful/Guidance/Windfire Balm, Gravity+/CC/Wrathful

That's 2 Hectors, 2 Lewyns, 2 Gennys, 2 Takumis, 1 Veronica to name only the 5* exclusives. 

Yeah, favs need some love, but pulling 22 copies of a (colorless) seasonal unit would be way too much for me. Not that I had any other +10 unit than Cordelia and Cherche...

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

All four had expensive sets: Slaying/DC/Special Spiral, Armorsmasher/DC/Special Spiral, Pain+/CC/Wrathful/Guidance/Windfire Balm, Gravity+/CC/Wrathful

That's 2 Hectors, 2 Lewyns, 2 Gennys, 2 Takumis, 1 Veronica to name only the 5* exclusives. 

Yeah, favs need some love, but pulling 22 copies of a (colorless) seasonal unit would be way too much for me. Not that I had any other +10 unit than Cordelia and Cherche...

Yeah... I also think that 22 copíes of the same seasonal unit is to much... 11 copies, for only one +10 unit, would be more understandable... And the Hectors, Takumis and Gennys could be from previous banners and Legendary Banners, so I don't think weird that player having a good quantity of them, but we got this Halloween Banner last week... a lot was spent to reach that result... and in a single week.

I don't mind a player having 2 or 3 +10 Cordelias or Cherches because they are 3*-4* units. Wanting or not, we summon this type of units from every single banner, and we only need feathers to promote them. I got enough copies of Eirika, Male Corrin and Cain to make 2 +10 units of each. That's why I don't make any 5* exclusive +10 project... with the exception of Guunthrá, who pity broke me enough to make me have a +4 Gunnthrá.

But, at the end of the day, It's his/her money, so he/she does what him/her wants with it... but it still bother me a little...

15 hours ago, daisy jane said:

If you can manage a full Intermediate streak with just one death, I believe it should score a bit better than a Beginner streak with no deaths. Similarly for Advanced over Intermediate.

6 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

If you can manage a full Intermediate streak with just one death, I believe it should score a bit better than a Beginner streak with no deaths. Similarly for Advanced over Intermediate.

one death TOTAL ?
hm. i might be able to. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's why I don't make any 5* exclusive +10 project... with the exception of Guunthrá, who pity broke me enough to make me have a +4 Gunnthrá.

I'll try to get some Roy merges from the next legendary banner, but it needs a lot of orb saving to arrive to +10 eventually. 

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'll try to get some Roy merges from the next legendary banner, but it needs a lot of orb saving to arrive to +10 eventually. 

Did you see the Youtuber Lu Bu Feng Xian's summoning section to get Brave Veronica using only free to play orbs? He spent over 900 F2P orbs and only got 2 Brave Veronicas... I felt his pain that day...

35 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Did you see the Youtuber Lu Bu Feng Xian's summoning section to get Brave Veronica using only free to play orbs? He spent over 900 F2P orbs and only got 2 Brave Veronicas... I felt his pain that day...

Ouch, I can relate to that. It took me all her banners so far to get one F!Grima. Mass-Summoning colorless is no fun. 

Hope I can finally get back to Tier 18, these past two weeks without having bonus units pained me so much~

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And then ended up getting the +10 by buying Orbs. 13 packs was it? Wish I had this much money and dedication, I'd +10 Halloween Nowi~

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

that's heartbreaking. 
Someone did this recently (1100 orbs to 10+ Holloween Henry). she clutched it out in the end.  but i couldn't imagine having 1100 orbs and only getting 1 unit that you want. out of that entire session. 

for me. I just + them up as I get them. but if I ever get more than 1 hector (or Celica).... it's gonna have to be a really sad day for me because I have two Dragons who would dearly love that distant counter, and/or death blow 4.  but usually i merge my units to help them perform better. 

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

And then ended up getting the +10 by buying Orbs. 13 packs was it? Wish I had this much money and dedication, I'd +10 Halloween Nowi~

He spent more than 2000 orbs to make a +10 Veronica... imagine how many orbs cost to do 2 +10 Halloween Mias from that image...Of course that player could had some luck, but I am sure he/she spent way more than 2000 orbs.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

He spent more than 2000 orbs to make a +10 Veronica... imagine how many orbs cost to do 2 +10 Halloween Mias from that image...Of course that player could had some luck, but I am sure he/she spent way more than 2000 orbs.

Insane~ 1 +10 is crazy enough but to do two for a Colorless unit would be an insane amount of Orbs. Some of them could have been F2P Orbs but that'd still cost a hefty amount.