Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch, I can relate to that. It took me all her banners so far to get one F!Grima. Mass-Summoning colorless is no fun. 

I can only say thanks to Anna for not breaking me with Mists or stuff when pulling for Nanna back in April.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ice Dragon

That's already a high price to pay which, despite I am not paying this amount for a unit, I am ok with a person who do it... but twice (2 +10 of the same unit) is too much in my opinion. However, like I said before, a person does whatever he/she wants with his/her money...  That person spent way more than $1.000 USD last week, and I hope he/she  doesn't need it in the future...

The highest amount I spent in Heroes in a month was $100 USD, and it was in August for the CYL 2 and Legendary Hero Marth banner. Summoning a OG Lucina at 5% in the CYL 2 banner after spending a lot of money made me a little salty ...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, I did another run and got again 3710 points. Currently rank 4852. The treshold is currently rank 5207. Should I try again or is it enough?

Hm... What is your team?

I reached  3750 this season, placing me at 948 (right now), but I used a +10 infantry unit, a +8 Infantry unit with G Infantry Duel, a +6 Infantry unit, and Legendary Tiki killing all enemies for max bonus points. Also, all units have Earth Blessing to increase my score, and I fought teams with score between 730~740.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... What is your team?

I reached  3750 this season, placing me at 948 (right now), but I used a +10 infantry unit, a +8 Infantry unit with G Infantry Duel, a +6 Infantry unit, and Legendary Tiki killing all enemies for max bonus points. Also, all units have Earth Blessing to increase my score, and I fought teams with score between 730~740.

Brave Ike +10: Urvan, Rally Spe/Def, Aether, Steady Breath, Beorc's Blessing, Infantry Pulse, Quick Riposte

M!Marth +7: Sealed Falchion, Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Vantage, Atk Smoke, Heavy Blade

Donnel +4 [Earth Blessing]: Slaying Lance + [Def], Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, Quick Riposte, Drive Atk, Drive Atk

L!Tiki +0: Divine Mist, Swap, Aether, Fierce Breath, Bold Fighter, With Everyone!, Armor Boots

Ike, and Martha have Water Blessing, since they are part of my Fjorm team. I'm usually facing teams around 730-732 points and giving all the kills to Tiki, except 1-2 per full run that can't be feed.

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Brave Ike +10: Urvan, Rally Spe/Def, Aether, Steady Breath, Beorc's Blessing, Infantry Pulse, Quick Riposte

M!Marth +7: Sealed Falchion, Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Vantage, Atk Smoke, Heavy Blade

Donnel +4 [Earth Blessing]: Slaying Lance + [Def], Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, Quick Riposte, Drive Atk, Drive Atk

L!Tiki +0: Divine Mist, Swap, Aether, Fierce Breath, Bold Fighter, With Everyone!, Armor Boots

Ike, and Martha have Water Blessing, since they are part of my Fjorm team. I'm usually facing teams around 730-732 points and giving all the kills to Tiki, except 1-2 per full run that can't be feed.

What you can do to increase your score is giving your units a Earth Blessing. With your team, your Score Range is between 722~734, but if all three have a earth blessing you can have a Score Range between 726~740. To be fair, I would not invest in the arena team for this season. If I was you, I would wait for the next season which starts tomorrow. With the feathers from Arena and the Feathers from Grand Conquest and Tempest Trials you will get during the week, maybe you can give a new merge for Donnel or Martha. If you want to try again for this season, try to give a Earth Blessing to at least one of your units (give it to Donnel, since the others you use with Fjorm), and also change their assist skill to a Dual Rally, because it scores higher compared to Reposition. Doing this you can reach a Score Range of 724~738.

My Score Range for this Season was 730~744. I am planning to use the feathers I will get this week to make my Nowi +7, or to promote  Aversa... I still don't know yet.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Hmmm, 5 hours left, and in T18 there are still 2k people below me in the top 40%. This is my most promising chance to hit T19.

Edited by Garlyle

• T21 score of 3726 - #2819 (/1591)
  • AA score of 5244 - #1782

Not much to say here, really. Despite Alfonse picking up a rather sizable amount of kills, there's zero chance of him making up the distance to stay, so dropping to T20. AA faces a similar, yet less desperate problem. When it comes to high rankings, Fjorm carries me the entire way, so when she's absent, the different is very stark.

With Loki coming up, I'm almost tempted to try to get an expendable copy of her to build a +10 Duel Lissa (half because Dazzling Gravity+ is still super busted and half because I think it would be funny), but I must let nothing divert me from +10ing Fjorm.

Offense score of 5814 (T21) remains in T21, but a defense score of 321 nets a total feather reward just shy of 11k (between Arena & AA).

I went fishing, taking 750+ matches using +0 Legendary Tiki as my bonus unit (she picked up every KO). 752 was the upper limit of my range, so that was a little annoying in itself, but oh well. And then, naturally, everyone and their mother had Dragon or Armor effective weaponry (I learned to decline any matchup with a Kagero lead pretty quickly...a lot of them were doable if I got Hector to add in some chip damage first, but it’s more trouble than it’s worth). Surprisingly, Hector’s Bold Fighter/Galeforce setup put in a good amount of work, wearing down enemy green armors. I also passed Noontime to Tiki before the season started, and that paid off big-time, especially against other Legendary Tikis and Myrrhs.

Looks like I’ve got one more week of that. Happy happy, joy joy.

I pulled it out with Lon'Qu. Score was 3730 which got me in the last few hundreds of getting into T21. The score creep was bad this time. That was my highest score ever and I still barely made it.

At least this next week I'll be coasting.

7 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I also passed Noontime to Tiki before the season started, and that paid off big-time, especially against other Legendary Tikis and Myrrhs.

Good idea, I'll try that too. 

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well... I got my second Arena Crown... which makes me happy.

Congrats! How was your score? 

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

I pulled it out with Lon'Qu. Score was 3730 which got me in the last few hundreds of getting into T21. The score creep was bad this time. That was my highest score ever and I still barely made it.

At least this next week I'll be coasting.

Hey, congrats! Also great score!

I was looking forward to this week, but reading this makes me worry if I'll make it into t21 again even with L!Tiki. 

Today I got 3.762, which is my new High Score, placing me at Rank 520. For now, Tier 21 is between 1~534, so the only thing I can do is pray for Naga to help me...

Also, the next Arena Season is... something...

Spoilers:

Spoiler

1023.jpg

From the 10 bonus units, I will have 5 at 5*: Aversa, Male Kana, Camus, Luke and Sharena. However, none of them have a good skill set for Arena, and I still don't know what will be Aversa's skill set... I will probably accept the demotion for the next season.

Ok, I ran into a lot of green anti-armor teams today. After loosing some battles, I had to give Tiki armored boots, which lowered my team score by 2. 

I did a lot of fishing (+30 crests, I got a lot of 728-730 matches, whyever) and I managed to get a score of 3742! New highscore @Zeo. I should be safe this week. 

48 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, the next Arena Season is... something...

Hmm, looks like Sharena week for me (If I don't start to merge a Jeorge). On the other hand, I saw so many Sorens today, perhaps I could give Hawkeye a try. 

Absolutely Sharena week. Aversa does seem interesting and almost exciting with her personal tome ruining the shit out of everyone unlucky enough to not have 49 HP (which, honestly, I don’t really remember how often is to see) but whatever, Sharena week is Sharena week.

Meanwhile, this happened:
Screenshot_20181023-194841.png

I prefer to get my arena assault run out of the way early in the week so that it doesn’t haunt me for the following six days. I’ve even got my highest score ever! Whoa.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Absolutely Sharena week. Aversa does seem interesting and almost exciting with her personal tome ruining the shit out of everyone unlucky enough to not have 49 HP (which, honestly, I don’t really remember how often is to see) but whatever, Sharena week is Sharena week.

Meanwhile, this happened:
Screenshot_20181023-194841.png

I prefer to get my arena assault run out of the way early in the week so that it doesn’t haunt me for the following six days. I’ve even got my highest score ever! Whoa.

That's a amazing AA score!

About Aversa, she looks to be a good unit for the next Arena Season thanks to her Tome and R Duel Flying, but I believe players will have difficulties to get bonus points with her. 21 Def (17+4) is not that high, so she will be a target to Armored and Dragon units, and units like Brave Hector and Berkut Lance Effie are commum in high tier arena. Unless you bring someone to heal her, she will have a bad time... I could say the same about Loki, but the Trickster can have Dazzling Staff to help her.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

About Aversa, she looks to be a good unit for the next Arena Season thanks to her Tome and R Duel Flying, but I believe players will have difficulties to get bonus points with her. 

They are making all these interesting new units with special and specific gimmicks, and all for nothing because you still need 1) specific skill to put a bandage over the festering cesspool that is arena scoring and 2) specific team to babysit your intended unit into actually getting kills in the first place.

Sadness.