Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Improved my arena assault score by whole 8 points. Amazing.

Is it still doubleposting when there have been almost 24 hours between the posts? /thinking

Anyway, here’s to the power of fully merged Caeda, her husband, and best teacher:
Screenshot_20181026-151558.png

On the other hand, my results in the regular arena this week are nothing to write home about; 3,625 is as lame as they go. Then again, I’m demoting into T19 anyway and thus this week wasn’t really supposed to be tryhard. At least I’ve got a defence win, and that’s all that matters.

23 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Is it still doubleposting when there have been almost 24 hours between the posts? /thinking

Now it’s been almost the same time gap again, and yet no one has posted inbetween. Sadness.

Anyway, the bonus rotation for the next two weeks starting on the 30th of October has been revealed on the official account (this is mostly for the benefit of those who haven’t seen the datamine):

So yeah, it’s Sharena season for me because I just can’t miss Sharena season for any reason imaginable or unimaginable.

@Eilanzer True, I forgot what Sharena's weapon does. Aversa is going to be a bonus unit so you could use her anyway.

Good luck with your team-building. If you have any queries in the future about Arena, this thread is the best place to put them.

There, now @Vaximillian  isn't alone in the thread :Nino:

Edited by Baldrick

Guess this is the first time I don't get into T21.
I have a score of 3,729 and I am rank 3,069/3,422 which will go to T21.
But next week will be more relaxed. I also have Loki as a Bonus hero so I should certainly get to T21 next arena season.

8 minutes ago, Stroud said:

But next week will be more relaxed. I also have Loki as a Bonus hero so I should certainly get to T21 next arena season.

You made me have to recheck where I am at. my 3731 has me at 2788/3424. I really hope that is enough, but maybe I need to go back through. Halloween Myrrh has a few more Arena points now so maybe. . . But Aether will be harder to score kills with.

On 27.10.2018 at 9:34 AM, Vaximillian said:

Now it’s been almost the same time gap again, and yet no one has posted inbetween. Sadness.

Who would have thought you to become the main arena fan at SF? ;-))

I'm almost sure I'll go with Sharena as well. Considering to upgrade Swift stance for her. 

5 hours ago, Stroud said:

Wow, I got four crowns so far and all with a lesser score than yours (3,708-3,721). That's really crazy. 

Good luck, hopefully it'll be enough in the end. 

6 hours ago, Usana said:

You made me have to recheck where I am at. my 3731 has me at 2788/3424. I really hope that is enough, but maybe I need to go back through. Halloween Myrrh has a few more Arena points now so maybe. . . But Aether will be harder to score kills with.

Yeah, 1 Point is worth over 100 Ranks. That can decide pretty much the outcome. My state has become worse. But I think you have a fair chance remaining in T21. Sometimes I feel if the wave must tire out at some point. But they raise the bar even in this circumstances. I have lost the will to push more for now. Not worth the effort and I will get to T21 next week anyway. I fought with Alfonse btw, with the right setup he does 30+ damage against L!Tiki which is pretty neat. Just need to chip her down a bit. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, I got four crowns so far and all with a lesser score than yours (3,708-3,721). That's really crazy. 

Good luck, hopefully it'll be enough in the end. 

Thanks, normally I am also had around 3,710-3,72X points and it was enough. At least it is a sign of how many pulled for L!Tiki and other scoremakers.

Edited by Stroud

5 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Thanks, normally I am also had around 3,710-3,72X points and it was enough. At least it is a sign of how many pulled for L!Tiki and other scoremakers.

Yep, Tiki it's really crazy. I got her more or less by accident (I was very lucky to get 3 different new Legendary heroes from the last legendary banner out of four 5* total) and she pushed my score to 3,742 this week. 

I haven't posted here in forever. Then again, I haven't enjoyed arena since the cheerleader meta began.

I'm still in the tier 20.5 loop, I was going to fall with a pathetic score of 3,705 but I chose to try a little harder with Myrrh (arena being full of L!Tikis is annoying) and reached a score of 3,742 which is good enough to go back for my 4th crown. 

For AA I reached my max score at 5,192. I'll need a complete armor team at +10 to break into the 5,2xx range but I don't think that's worth it, so I'll stay with my normal team.

For next week I'll use Loki because she's the one that scores the best.

Investing into additional anti-Tiki units paid off rather quickly (Arthur, Hawkeye, Amelia, Sheena, Camilla, Bartre) , 1 or 2 extra for every element, making AA a lot easier to tolerate where I would have been frustrated otherwise since Tiki apparently already spread out like a plague (no surprise there).

Tiki made climbing up to T21 a bit obnoxious last week, but hopefully things will be a bit easier once she isn't directly a bonus unit (same goes for Myrrh).

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Who would have thought you to become the main arena fan at SF? ;-))

Hey, I’ve usually enjoyed the arena. It gives nice rewards, and sometimes I find interesting units with interesting builds… in the rare occasions that it’s not dragons or knights.

Arena assault is generally anti-fun but it has a huge advantage over regular arena: all my units can actually kill.

And hey, records are cool too.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hey, I’ve usually enjoyed the arena. It gives nice rewards, and sometimes I find interesting units with interesting builds… in the rare occasions that it’s not dragons or knights.

Arena assault is generally anti-fun but it has a huge advantage over regular arena: all my units can actually kill.

You like having to feed kills to the weakest unit on your team?

I liked Arena back when I could run the units I wanted and had a reasonable chance at ranking well.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You like having to feed kills to the weakest unit on your team?

I liked Arena back when I could run the units I wanted and had a reasonable chance at ranking well.

I thought I made it clear that babysitter meta is the worst change made to the game since release, and I keep insisting on this. Blessings and “legendaries” are the second-worst “new system”.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I thought I made it clear that babysitter meta is the worst change made to the game since release, and I keep insisting on this. Blessings and “legendaries” are the second-worst “new system”.

Every change to Arena scoring has made it incrementally worse.

I like the idea of the BST skills, but I don't like them being 5* locked.  Being a Seal or on a 4* unit would be nice.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Every change to Arena scoring has made it incrementally worse.

I like the idea of the BST skills, but I don't like them being 5* locked.  Being a Seal or on a 4* unit would be nice.

Decoupling Fury stats from scoring was a positive change.

I don’t like the idea of the BST skills because they lock them into this Naga-awful system that they are never going to change without invalidating investments of those who actually spent on Laegjarn, Helbindi, and Loki.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

This, really. The Duel skills would be fine if they were released at a faster pace and on characters that could be pulled at 4-star rarity.

Or just fucking bought from a skill shop.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t like the idea of the BST skills because they lock them into this Naga-awful system that they are never going to change without invalidating investments of those who actually spent on Laegjarn, Helbindi, and Loki.

Investing in a new skill always runs the risk of the skill being made more available in the future. The only difference is that you can make use of it sooner rather than later.

8 hours ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I tried my best, 3800, but doesn't look like it's enough to stay in 21.  50 crests wasted rolling for 748 matches, with LTiki and earth blessed +10 Nowi, Fae, Nino.  I don't normally pull for legendary heroes, so if I couldn't do it here I will never stay in 21, 20.5 for life.

Ouch, that is disheartening. Looks like there would be no chance of staying in tier 21 without a merged bonus unit. 

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Wasn't too serious ;-) 

I know the problem when I'd like to update a topic, but the last guy who responded was myself. 

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch, that is disheartening. Looks like there would be no chance of staying in tier 21 without a merged bonus unit. 

Wasn't too serious ;-) 

I know the problem when I'd like to update a topic, but the last guy who responded was myself. 

At that point you just take the shot and went full Eze "THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DOUBLE POST MY OWN POST IS MYSELF - ah shit Galeforce its now triple"

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

At that point you just take the shot and went full Eze "THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DOUBLE POST MY OWN POST IS MYSELF - ah shit Galeforce its now triple"

Lol. I'm going full Galeforce in-game, perhaps I should represent that more here as well. 

No idea how to go GF in RL though. 

Ugh. Halloween Jakob is more and more often just hitting for 0×4 these days, and Aether just isn't cutting it. I guess it's time I switch him back to Ignis and Attack +3.

Arena Assault was a nightmare with the sheer number of mistakes I kept making on the last match.

JJuusstt  ttyyppee  lliikkee  tthhiiss..

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This would make me the most popular member of SF, right? I like the idea of double quoting though. ^^ 

Wish I could Galeforce at the ATM. 

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ugh. Halloween Jakob is more and more often just hitting for 0×4 these days, and Aether just isn't cutting it.

Try Galeforce for 0x8. 

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I guess it's time I switch him back to Ignis and Attack +3.

What about Brazen ATK/RES seal + Glacies? First round performance would lack of course.