Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Looks like 3,730, which was my new highest score, won't be enough to push me up into T21 again. There was serious inflation this week due to L. Tiki (and, to a lesser extent, H. Myrrh). I don't care enough to try yet another run to get a higher score, it was enough of a pain running H. Myrrh with all of the L. Tikis around. Oh well, so it goes.

I'm definitely not fond of the last scoring changes. Having to feed kills to the bonus unit is a nuisance I would rather not have to deal with. This week, I ran H. Myrrh, and while H. Myrrh is very strong and can straight eat most people, the prevalence of L. Tiki complicated things.

I also didn't like the change to the Arena Assault, where one needs to field units with blessings in order to maximize one's score. I've started to care less about it, so I might just stop concerning myself with the blessings and just field whatever.

20 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I haven't posted here in forever. Then again, I haven't enjoyed arena since the cheerleader meta began.

I'm still in the tier 20.5 loop, I was going to fall with a pathetic score of 3,705 but I chose to try a little harder with Myrrh (arena being full of L!Tikis is annoying) and reached a score of 3,742 which is good enough to go back for my 4th crown. 

For AA I reached my max score at 5,192. I'll need a complete armor team at +10 to break into the 5,2xx range but I don't think that's worth it, so I'll stay with my normal team.

For next week I'll use Loki because she's the one that scores the best.

I agree, the Arena is a worse mode now for the changes. Congrats for that fourth crown though!

As for AA, I regularly crack 5,200 without any armors whatsoever. I use Tiki, Est, Cherche, and Fir.

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

You like having to feed kills to the weakest unit on your team?

I liked Arena back when I could run the units I wanted and had a reasonable chance at ranking well.

Nothing says fun like trying to get Alfonse to kill something that isn't green! Especially with all of the Nowis, Corrins, Effies, &c. that dominate the upper tiers of the Arena!

I, too, miss just running what I wanted and having my best units destroy the field.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arena assault is getting much more sickening.  I'm getting into this score range where people have +10 ranged cavalry units with annoying builds  (firesweep Lyn) coupled with dancers or something so they score low enough to face me.  I had a Reinhardt+10 survive a Reinhardt counter, cause the only way to draw him was onto a defense tile.  He had like 2HP or something left, he only survived cause of +10.  Of course once he survived, with WoM dancers, it was all over.  I had to start another Arena Assault.  

8 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Arena assault is getting much more sickening.  I'm getting into this score range where people have +10 ranged cavalry units with annoying builds  (firesweep Lyn) coupled with dancers or something so they score low enough to face me.  I had a Reinhardt+10 survive a Reinhardt counter, cause the only way to draw him was onto a defense tile.  He had like 2HP or something left, he only survived cause of +10.  Of course once he survived, with WoM dancers, it was all over.  I had to start another Arena Assault.  

Yeah, you arrived to an annoying range. That's why everyone is/was building TA/Gronnraven mages for a while.

After that comes an interesting mixed range and then all boring armor/dragon land (which became a little more diverse thanks to the new BST skills). 

30 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

After that comes an interesting mixed range and then all boring armor/dragon land (which became a little more diverse thanks to the new BST skills). 

I do like meeting interesting units with interesting builds and defeat them with mine…

…but when every single one of them is a cookie-cutter durgun or refrigerator, it’s boring and tedious instead.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I do like meeting interesting units with interesting builds and defeat them with mine…

…but when every single one of them is a cookie-cutter durgun or refrigerator, it’s boring and tedious instead.

Yeah, sadly interesting teams are the exceptions these days. 

Still have a long way to go. But, after the session is over I will be on Tier 7. 

I'm surprised my defensive team managed to get a successful defense against a 40+10 Nowi. I dunno if Nowi was their only unit on the team because my team was not even level 40 when that occurred.

Anyways here is my arena theme for now:

Halloween Kagero

Tana (Regular)

Elinicia (Regular)

I constantly switch between Brave Lyn and Veronica

I barely turned them all to level 40.

Edited by Smog

12 minutes ago, Smog said:

I'm surprised my defensive team managed to get a successful defense against a 40+10 Nowi. I dunno if Nowi was their only unit on the team because my team was not even level 40 when that occurred.

That unit is the rep of the other player and not necessarily on the team that lost to your defense team. 

4 hours ago, Astellius said:

Looks like 3,730, which was my new highest score, won't be enough to push me up into T21 again. There was serious inflation this week due to L. Tiki (and, to a lesser extent, H. Myrrh). I don't care enough to try yet another run to get a higher score, it was enough of a pain running H. Myrrh with all of the L. Tikis around. Oh well, so it goes.

Oof, that has you super borderline, too. I'm not that far ahead of you, but it's worth hundreds of ranks.

• T20 score of 3734 - #3063 (/3615)
  • AA score of 5288 - #613

Not a whole lot out of the ordinary this week. First Arena run seemed to be falling too fast (it was in the 3720s), so I redid it. The oddest thing about it is that I got a defense team with Saias and Green Duel Lewyn, Julia and Deidre. That was scary and dangerous enough for my budget armours that I couldn't afford to dick around feeding Alfonse all the kills, despite his WTA on three of them. He only got one kill in the end, but my final score was still significantly better than my first. I guess RNG sometimes actually works in my favour.

AA was pretty typical "get into top 1000 because Fjorm +7 during water week" shenanigans. I had to get a little creative due to running out of hard counters for L!Tiki. As a result, since I'm drowning in feathers, I decided to have a look at my green pool. Thus came the rise of 5* Bartre, one-shotter of L!Tikis. :P:

@Baldrick tks for the tip ^^

Yep i need some help with my main team composition for arena...After all the help of you guys, i made a new 3 team to support the bonus unit of the week:

Chrom(i have a lot of him, build to heal/selfheal, panic and i like the character /o/)

Sheena(distant counter, ploy)

my problem is my third character, i was thinking at the start of using cordelia...But i like to have one legendary in the team (dunno if the legendary bonus is worth it tough =/). I need a blue one with L tiki or Fjorm?! Or maybe F grima colorless...?! Or forget about legendary without the possibility of +10 and go the blue hit and run easy to have Cordelia?! Reinhardt?!

Yeah i have no idea what to do =/

For now i will focus all my merges to Chrom...

The bonus heroes are going to rotate now, right? Owain is raring to go. I might even make it to tier 22 with his help.

1 hour ago, Eilanzer said:

Yeah i have no idea what to do =/

For now i will focus all my merges to Chrom...

In the short term, if you're grinding out Forging Bonds, you can practice with Chrom, Sheena and whatever LHs you have. Unless you plan to change your blessings every time, I think it's more important to choose a third unit that has good synergy with the other two. You can also decide if you're 100% sure on Chrom and Sheena, you can't get the feathers back if you change your mind.

In the long term, if you have plenty of feathers to spare, then you can decide what third unit to merge to cover the units Chrom and Sheena can't.

P.S. Nice Azura

Edited by Baldrick

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, you arrived to an annoying range. That's why everyone is/was building TA/Gronnraven mages for a while.

It is interesting, when I score slightly lower I run into mostly armors and dragons but unmerged.  Like I think it may go to this, though someone correct me who is scoring near top.

Low arena ( Tier 17 or below) - Lots of unmerged ranged units, and a good variety of units in general

Medium arena - Lots of armors and dragons mostly unmerged

High arena - Some armors dragons with low merges, lots of +10 ranged units paired with dancers or sometimes other infantry.

I can't speak for above this, but mampfoid I guess what follows is a great mixed range and then the final tier of arena is all +10 armors/dragons.  

Offense score of 3814 (T21) remains in T21, combining with a defense score of 636 for max rewards.

This season’s fishing session was thankfully shorter than the previous one. Tiki picked up every KO again.

I’m definitely going to try using Jeorge for the upcoming bonus rotation. Possibly Parthia/Blazing Flame/Flashing Blade seal set with Tactics buffs...It’s a weird build, so I’ll see how it goes. I’ll give Brave Bow a shot if it’s not working out.

I am returning to Tier 20 next arena season, which didn't surprise me. Thanks to the feathers from Arena, Arena Assault and Forging Bonds, i was able to give my Nowi +2 merges, reaching +9. Now I only need +1 merge to complete her.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I moved back to Level 18!
and as I only have level 40 Silver Jeorge as the bonus unit for the next two weeks, i am preparing myself to go back to level 17 LOL. (I'm never gonna see 19 ;) ) though honestly, i score really low in 18 anyway. even with Johann's help. I'll just have to get better. (or you know. not die, or play in beginner lmao)

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

The bonus heroes are going to rotate now, right? Owain is raring to go. I might even make it to tier 22 with his help.

In the short term, if you're grinding out Forging Bonds, you can practice with Chrom, Sheena and whatever LHs you have. Unless you plan to change your blessings every time, I think it's more important to choose a third unit that has good synergy with the other two. You can also decide if you're 100% sure on Chrom and Sheena, you can't get the feathers back if you change your mind.

In the long term, if you have plenty of feathers to spare, then you can decide what third unit to merge to cover the units Chrom and Sheena can't.

Reveal hidden contents

P.S. Nice Azura

Spoiler

Ps: Will change to chrom when hes full sayan mode, need panic ploy and no way in hell i will sacrifice my zelguius for it Ç_Ç

Im using L tiki in the third spot for now (but i don´t like to have more than one armor in the team =/)...I will use her "with everyone" to buff kana to bonus next week...And i hope it can be decent enough /o/

Edited by Eilanzer

Wow, I actually made it to tier 21 this week! It's my first time as well. I guess I have L!Tiki to thank for that since I was using her as my bonus unit and had her take out everything that wasn't green. I'll enjoy being at the top while I can for whatever that is worth since I doubt I will be staying in tier 21 for long and will most likely be back down at tier 19 before I know it.

Ok, I was worried this arena season but Kana made my worries dissappear! Male Kana is amazing! He was able to defeat threats like Legendary Tiki and Myrrh without huge problems, and having  Vantage helped him a lot!

This is my Kana, with Arena Bonus Stats:

Thanks to Water Breath+, Brazen Def/Res 3 and Brazen Atk/Res 3 Seal, when Kana has less than 80% HP he will have 46 Def and 51 Res during enemy phase. Not only that, but his allies (Marth, Nowi and Soren) are full of in-combat buff skills and rally skills. At full potential, Kana can reach at the enemy phase:

• 67 Atk -> 49 + 7 (Brazen Atk/Res) + 2 (Falchion) + 3 (Marth's Drive Atk) + 3 (Soren's Drive Atk) + 3 (Rally Atk/Def); (Atk can increase further, thanks to Threaten Res effect on enemy)
  • 48 Spd -> 40 + 2 (Falchion) + 3 (Marth's Drive Spd) + 3 (Rally Spd/Res);
  • 58 Def  -> 35 + 4 (Water Breath) + 7 (Brazen Def/Res) + 2 (Falchion) + 3 (Nowi's Drive Def) + 4 (Soren's Close Guard) + 3 (Rally Atk/Def); (54 against ranged units)
  • 63 Res -> 33 + 4 (Water Breath) + 7 (Brazen Def/Res) + 7 (Brazen Atk/Res) + 2 (Falchion) + 3 (Nowi's Drive Res) + 4 (Soren's Close Guard) + 3 (Rally Spd/Res); (59 against ranged units)

This is quite good, right?

I got 3.718, which is enough for me. I will not try to get a higher score than this. I don't know if I will be able to reach Tier 21, but I believe I will not be demoted to Tier 19.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

In order to stay in Tier 21 I need to either figure out a way to make +3 Camus work (I'm close), or I can give my +2 Hawkeye  a couple more merges and Steady Breath.

Ugh, 3 points per bonus kill is just to much.