Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Anna week...Lovely. Guess I'll stay in tier 20 for the next 2~3 weeks. RIP 2 extra orbs.

As much as I adore Lolizura, she's bad for fighting and she won't be used until I grail her and find a Helbindi to fodder.

Edited by Alexmender

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next week might be rough. I guess I'll get to see if I can climb or at least stay in T20 when my biggest scorers don't make much sense to run. Blessings might make up some of the difference I hope. Actually what I should really be hoping is that we aren't going to get an insane number of Cavalry restrictive maps. Legendary Eirika looks like my best bet. Though. . . I do have a 4*+10 Gwen. But . . . she isn't exactly built. I might want to SP her up during the weekend though. She does appear to be the better scorer. Mine is +RES/-HP and my only other copy at the moment is +ATK/-SPD. Might want to switch out her base. The only real problem is I don't want to spend 40k Feathers on her so she is not getting QR3 which will hurt her score a bit. Still will have a unit score 16 points higher though.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps I'll try for a better score, since my M!Marth just got another merge. 

Sorry for the late reply. 

In my range I only see +10 L!Tikis in AA, the only unmerged units in regular arena are the bonus units. In some rare cases Earth heroes with low merges accompany merged bonus units. 

People just above you may be running her in their core, though. She's certainly good enough (alongside H!Myrrh) that they seem to be happy running her in off-seasons. As soon as earth season rolls around, she's going to be inflating things for those people via blessing, which cascades down to everyone below.

For the next rotation, I've got my Gwendolyn +10, so I guess I'm running Fjorm +7 alongside her for crazy normal Arena scoring shenanigans. The only catch is Gwendolyn is my weakest killer, so she's still going to need to be babysat a bit. On the plus side, I did give her that Slaying Spear+ way back, so at least giving her bonus kills won't be totally like pulling teeth.

Oh, hey, an excuse to use Gwendolyn again. I'm down for that. I guess I can throw the extra Grima I picked up from the last Legendary Hero banner at her to finally give her Vengeful Fighter or something.

And I'd need to get her either a Slaying Lance or a Slaying Spear. Ugh. Slaying Lance is still only available from Nephenee since I refuse to use rocks on non-refine upgrades, and I haven't pulled a single 4-star Silas yet since I haven't really had an excuse to pull for blue.

Oh well, I still have a week to figure that out.

I made another try with M!Marth +9 and got a score of 3,722 in regular Arena which is pretty near the maximum of this team (3,730), should be enough for for tier 21 again. Aversa got all kills for the second time, I'll miss her next season. 

AA score of 5,197 is my personal high, which I reached once ~2.5 months ago. 

3 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

People just above you may be running her in their core, though. She's certainly good enough (alongside H!Myrrh) that they seem to be happy running her in off-seasons. 

I met her (L!Tiki) 2-3 times in regular arena this week in ~15 matches, but never at full merges. Aversa could kill her with some help, but she is not easy to kill. 

Pulling for a +10 Legendary unit is probably one of the few things I'm never going to try in FEH. 

I'm hoping to get up to tier 21 this week. Score of 3706 puts me at 2228 of 3034 that are going up this week. Still some days left, but I might be able to squeeze in. I could try to get a better score, but I'll se how it goes till sunday.

Arena is looking good for me.

Main: Maintained Great Summoner with Owain (+4) / Fjorm / Sothe / Flying Olivia scoring 3770. Now, I've outdone myself at 3783. This week, I used my first 100 grails to get Joshua to teach Caeda Windsweep (she has a Water blessing while Flying Olivia has Wind), and switched Sothe to Watersweep 2 (and Blazing Wind to make up the difference). Watersweep made a huge difference. L!Tiki and H!Myrrh no longer scare me. 19/20 bonus kills, I had to use Fjorm to bait an M!Kana that would have killed Owain.

Alt: An excuse to promote Gwendolyn and burn 70 refining stones. So much closer to giving Ephraim his refine.

Tiny Azura looks like an excellent bonus hero to use for those of us who don't have any of them built up. Book of Shadows combined with her A skill effectively gives her +4/+11/+4/+9 to her stats if she's next to an ally. A green tome unit hitting off 37/41 offensive stats should easily be able to secure bonus kills. Her BST sucks but if she's merged to +1 she can score almost as high as Anna.

I was a little too close from the cutoff to Tier 21 so I tried to up my score and managed to get 3710.

At the moment, it puts me at 2605 from 3292 going up. Almost 700 above the cut, maybe it'll last for the last 2 days.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

I was a little too close from the cutoff to Tier 21 so I tried to up my score and managed to get 3710.

I was on my way to get 3710 but an Iceberg-charged Camilla decided to attack Caeda instead of Sharena because I screwed up with positioning after getting forced into a corner and deprived me of 20/20 bonus kills. Sadness. I’m not really hoping for the crown—just staying in T20 for the first time ever would be nice enough—but it would be awesome to get into T21 even once so that the cell in my inventory won’t be forever virgin.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I was on my way to get 3710 but an Iceberg-charged Camilla decided to attack Caeda instead of Sharena because I screwed up with positioning after getting forced into a corner and deprived me of 20/20 bonus kills. Sadness. I’m not really hoping for the crown—just staying in T20 for the first time ever would be nice enough—but it would be awesome to get into T21 even once so that the cell in my inventory won’t be forever virgin.

That's sad. I was using Owain as my bonus unit. He's pretty bulky and I managed to score a lot of kills with him, tho it wasn't 20. It's really nice to take out Effie with his special + Wrath.

If I indeed go to Tier 21, it will be my first time. I have never stayed on T20, even.

I almost pooped my pants because I accidentally left Takuroach in range of a Chrom in my last match. The bastard had vantage and could one shot Leirika. Luckily I had Like with Repo and a gravity charm. Rank 7142 in AA.

As for arena, well... Last month the game was kinda dead to me so I passed a few weeks and dropped all the way down to tier 16.

9 minutes ago, Usana said:

@Vaximillian Good luck! The 3710-3720 can be a nail bitter, but it looks like you might be safe since you have nearly 1000 places between you and falling out.

The cushion is down to about 700 places but it does feel somewhat safe-ish. Would be amazing to grab that crown even for one time, though, haha.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Should be enough. Good luck!

Hope will never die!