Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Rinco said:

Just to be safe I tried and got to get my score up to 3714. We're score buddies, Vaximillian, lol

550 places to spare with about 3 hours to go. If we go in, we go in together.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

550 places to spare with about 3 hours to go. If we go in, we go in together.

I'm almost certain it will be enough. First crown, here we go!
It's even better that next week I can get sloppy while trying and tuning Anna out, since I'll demote anyway. 

Since I was in throwing distance of the cutoff with my initial score, I decided to give Aversa a blade tome to possibly eke in a few extra kills. My core Arena team has Est and Cherche with Hone & Fortify Fliers respectively, so Aversa had no difficulty laying waste to her foes with gleeful abandon. I think this is the first time I've managed to actually give all kills to the bonus hero.

In any case, that netted a score of 3,712. While nowhere near my highest score, it actually looks to be adequate to herald me into T21 a 3rd time. With under 2 hours to go, I'm over 250 slots above the cutoff.

Score time:

• T21 score of 3767 - #1431 (/1535)
  • AA score of 5286 - #578

Regular Arena was way too close. Despite scoring much higher than usual and having almost no room to improve, L!Tiki's presence in the season made me wonder if I was going to get pushed out. Going at the same rate as the rest of the weekend, I should have been closer to 20-30 ranks from being thrown out, but I guess slow Mondays being slow have left me with around 100 ranks of buffer. I might still get pushed out, but I've got much stronger odds of staying than I'd anticipated. AA was in a similar boat, but getting even closer than I'd like. Since I was reasonably sure I'd gotten low-balled hard, I decided to see what exactly one more successful run would produce. Turns out that I was right because without even getting many amazing rolls (I think I got maybe two above 750 other than the first match, which I rerolled until I got one), I still improved my score by 14, going up about 350 ranks (which I've since lost around 30 of). Using Kliff was a refreshing change of pace and, really, he was a lot tankier than he had any right to be. Using my suped-up Gwendolyn's going to be fun next season, though not nearly as flexible as running a mage.

Kana did quite a good job this season:

3784 in T21 - Rank 753/1537 to stay in.

Unfortunately Arena Assault ended as usual:

5267 - Rank 1085

Getting really sick of just barely being pushed out of top 1k every week... I really need to invest in legendary Tiki in January or something.

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

I'm almost certain it will be enough. First crown, here we go!
It's even better that next week I can get sloppy while trying and tuning Anna out, since I'll demote anyway. 

ez:
Screenshot_20181113-074606.png

It will even be two slow weeks for me when Sharena is no longer a bonus, haha. 

Offense score of 3794 (T21) remains in T21, combining with a defense score of 584 for max rewards.

Jeorge did Jeorge things again, picking up every KO. Evidently I gave Robin a Gronnowl/CC set at some point, so I’ll be using her for the next bonus rotation. It should be easy enough with a Water-based Tactics support structure. Fingers crossed. Wish Fjorm was in this upcoming rotation though, to take full advantage of Water season.

I also apparently forgot to do an AA run...or even a single AA battle. Oops.

Back to tier 21. I'm scared for next week because I'll have to use Anna but luckily next week is chill. I got like 3 def wins which is good enough considering how often I'm changing my team's skillsets.

AA I managed to stay in the top 5k but not by a lot (rank 4.1k).  

Standard stuff.

Wow kid Azura is a straight up killer. Probably tied for best combat dancer we have so far with red Micaiah. Have only done two runs but she's 8/8 in bonus kills. She took on Legendary Hector one on one, ate his Distant Counter, and killed him on the followup.

:O

Dream Prince Corrin is already a great unit, but with Null Follow-up? Amazing! It's so good to attack or be attacked by a armored unit without being doubled. Even monsters like Legendary Tiki or Legendary Hector are not a problem to Corrin, and my M!Corrin is +HP so I can abuse of Panic Ploy.

6 hours ago, dethneer said:

Wow kid Azura is a straight up killer. Probably tied for best combat dancer we have so far with red Micaiah. Have only done two runs but she's 8/8 in bonus kills. She took on Legendary Hector one on one, ate his Distant Counter, and killed him on the followup.

Yes, but even then, and B!Ike +10, Roy +9 and M!Marth+7, I've only been able to score 3698, which is too low...

16 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Yes, but even then, and B!Ike +10, Roy +9 and M!Marth+7, I've only been able to score 3698, which is too low...

Yep she definitely lowers my arena weight as well, but fortunately (unfortunately?) I don't have enough merges to go higher than 19.5, which hopefully means she will still be enough to take me back to 20 next week with all those kills. Mine doesn't even have a C skill yet, can't decide what to give her lol

7 hours ago, dethneer said:

did you + her up?
I'm probably gonna do this. (I have the feathers, I can upgrade haha). but i am wondering if she can do the job w/o having to do it right yet. (I want to concentrate on Micalis/Xander/other projects)

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

did you + her up?
I'm probably gonna do this. (I have the feathers, I can upgrade haha). but i am wondering if she can do the job w/o having to do it right yet. (I want to concentrate on Micalis/Xander/other projects)

Nope she is just normal 5*+0. Mine doesn't even have a C skill lol. Give her Attack +3 or the Atk/Def bond seal from TT, always have her be adjacent to someone when she attacks to activate her bonuses, then sit back and watch as all your enemies get melted by an emo little girl.

6 minutes ago, dethneer said:

Nope she is just normal 5*+0. Mine doesn't even have a C skill lol. Give her Attack +3 or the Atk/Def bond seal from TT, always have her be adjacent to someone when she attacks to activate her bonuses, then sit back and watch as all your enemies get melted by an emo little girl.

lmao sounds perfect. 

Edited by daisy jane

Single armored units are quite a pain to use, but since I could hit 750 max score with a 4*+10 Gwendolyn, I decided to go for it. Took about 30 crests, but I managed to get a good run of 3,793 points.

Minizura is scary dangerous. I finally got the Atk/Def Seal and wow. basically just surround munchkin in a circle of spd and atk buffs, and watch her go to work. (i changed my team a bit - Fjorm, L!Tiki, Minizura and Ryoma (for the water waterblessing benefits). 

and because of this.... 
i'm in Level 19. for the first time ever. I don't know how long this will last - but i'll take it. 

Edited by daisy jane