Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T21 score of 3814 - #147 (/#1521)
  • AA score of 5276 - #329

Gwendolyn with Arena boosts and a Slaying Spear+ on a defense tile was far more of a death machine than anticipated. In the reaches of T21, where 99% of opponents are armour, the only thing she really feared was M!Grimas with Death Blow 4 and Bold Fighter (and moreso because it would mess up Vengeful for other engagements than him killing her). The run above is 20/20 bonus kills where 4/5 of the matches were total facerolls because they didn't have a Grima and she just literally sat on the def tile while I hit end turn. No joke. Even Slaying Hammer+ Sheenas and Amelias, or doubling Garmphraims couldn't do more than 10 damage at a time and all of them got one-rounded in turn. With 71 base HP, absolutely nothing could panic her, so I was free to stack up an extra 3.9 Def from rallies.

Back to tier 20 and will probably get stuck there next season because Anna is the best unit I have for scoring which says a lot... Hopefully the next bonus units will include someone better.

AA is going better, though. I managed to get a new high score with 5,204 which was enough to let me stay in the top 5k. 

39 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Hopefully the next bonus units will include someone better.

I believe the next arena bonus units will have Fjorm, HOWEVER... according to the Gamepedia, the current set of bonus units will appear for 3 arena seasons:

1. From Nov 13th to Nov 19th;
  2. From Nov 20th to Nov 26th; and
  3. From Nov 27th to Dec 3rd.

It looks like I will use Dream Prince Corrin more than I expected... Which isn't a bad thing since he is pretty good.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Offense score of 3788 (T21) remains in T21, combining with a defense score of 588 for max rewards.

Using F!Robin was actually harder than I had anticipated, but it worked out. She managed to pick up all the KOs, with the assistance of a water-based support squad. It seems like I’ll be doing that again next season.

Demotion to tier 20 and no defense win this week. 

Let's see if Minizura can nuke me back to tier 21. 

/Edit: My attempts for Arena and AA are delayed until tomorrow, because I'll get that final M!Marth merge. 

Edited by mampfoid

Today I got a score of 3.744. I am confident... that I will return to Tier 20 next week. Yay!
I need to stop to try to keep Tier 21 for more than one week. I should reach Tier 21, and then only play to get the five bonus and the daily Dueling Crests from AA.
Tier 21 isn't a place for me to live... I just enter, say hello, get my feathers and orbs, and then exit.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

17 hours ago, Johann said:

You'd get even higher if you killed even a single enemy. Probably the simplest thing you can do would be to field a single unit, and then pick the easiest foe each round. You'd end up with a score of about 2772 or so and all you'd have to do is fight 7 battles against 7 individual enemies. I have no idea how high that would rank, but it's definitely enough to get a few more coins/feathers/stones

I actually do that when fishing for an Easy GHB completion. I think it usually nets me 13 or 14 stones and coins? Not sure but something like that. Certainly an idea since it would be far less likely to make me scream when I realize someone doesn't have their usual skillset for some reason and thus aren't usable when they are needed.

well I am sitting after the first run in arena - in tier 20. 
only one death (boy. hector.. the minute i get you, you're going on Myrrh. the minute). because she would have killed a NIno other wise. 
we will see how i do in this session. It wouldn't even be that bad if i bounced back to 18th. i was just really happy to finally make 19

3700 with Anna as bonus unit. 14/20 kills. 

Made a mistake in my last map that cost me 2 kills with Anna. I could also have fished for better score in this match. I think I can get close to 3710 this week, I'll try again later. 

EDIT: Got 3713, I think Anna got 18 or 19 of the 20 kills. Really nice run. I think I'll make it to 21 again!

Edited by Rinco

@Syllabear I don't know much about that one in general, but googling thresholds and that seems to indicate that the last two weeks 3592 may have just barely been enough(assuming I am reading it right). If you had some low matches or missed some bonus kills you might want to go back and bump over 3600. I wouldn't feel safe with that score, though it might just manage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9ykapg/arenaassault_overview_thresholds_v613/

The author of this thread seems to expect a small rise in scores this week, so 3592 may not manage.

2 hours ago, Syllabear said:

@Usana Oof. I fished really hard and only missed 1 bonus kill on the last map. I guess I should be content at 18.5 for now till I get more merges. I don't have the energy to re-do. The run was stressful enough. Thanks btw!

Can't blame ya there. Good luck, maybe the scores won't rise and you'll just sneak in.

Edit- EGADS! My best possible score right now is apparently 14 ranks from being able to stay in 21! Ok. By the end of the week I am going to be much further away. My best score is ~3740 which I know won't keep me in, but I like seeing how close it gets me.

Edited by Usana

Ok, this is a strange arena week. Tuesday I didn't want to do my runs, because I was expecting my final M!Marth merge for yesterday. Yesterday there wasn't time to do them.

And today? Solved AA and arena each on my first try with new personal high-scores! 

Arena is 3,724 which should bring me to tier 21 again (team). (Technically it's only a high-score if you don't count Tiki's bonus week (3,742)).

AA got me my first 5,2** score of 5,204. Won't be enough for top 3k, but it's always nice to improve. (team)

I decided to build my Anna for arena runs, and she managed to score 3721. She did a lot better than I thought with the right build, I think the only unit she didn't manage to KO was a Zelgius on the third match. I think that might be a high enough score to get me in T21.

11 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I decided to build my Anna for arena runs, and she managed to score 3721. She did a lot better than I thought with the right build, I think the only unit she didn't manage to KO was a Zelgius on the third match. I think that might be a high enough score to get me in T21.

What skills did she get? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

What skills did she get? 

I used attack refined Noatun, Growing Flame (this could have been better, I put this on her a while back before the bonus kill system), Fury, Poison Strike, and Att/Def Bond seal.

6 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I used attack refined Noatun, Growing Flame (this could have been better, I put this on her a while back before the bonus kill system), Fury, Poison Strike, and Att/Def Bond seal.

Was poison strike that useful? I was thinking about Fury, Desperation and Brazen seal. 

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Was poison strike that useful? I was thinking about Fury, Desperation and Brazen seal. 

Yeah, it was handy to weaken bulky opponents, though I've seen some people use Renewal. I was using a healer on my team which gave me the option of being able to whittle down tough enemies with Anna. Overall I was quite happy with Anna's performance.