Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Do we know the next bonus heroes?

As of right now, it looks like the current bonus heroes are getting a 3rd week. Only 3 new units have come out since, Surtr, Ylgr, and Gharnef, so I doubt they will make a rotation for just those 3 and then fill in the rest with randoms + the Askr one. Unless they end up putting the legendary hero for this month on it, but that would leak it a day early and be a bit cheap considering we won't even be able to use it for at least a day.

Really not looking forward to Surtr being a bonus hero, as he already seems to be killing the rankings. Almost 400 rank higher than last week in T21 with only 3 less score and we still have over a day left... Hoping Florina will be a bonus with him since she got the new weapon refine. Not that she will help that much against him, but it will help my score a bit lol.

Super lazy this week. Scores are meh because I was too lazy to re-optimize my skills or bother to buff Gwendolyn with anything other than Armor March.

I've been seeing a few more Caedas at the top running R Duel Flying, though she's doesn't really do much for the AI when Gwendolyn is a bonus unit and can handle her easily.

In the end, I have no regrets killing my only Silas for his Slaying Spear. I'll get another of him eventually.

Tier 21
Score: 3,803
Defense: 618 (×1)

+10 Zelgius [+Atk, -HP] (Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Armor March 3, Darting Stance 3) [Fire]
+10 Dark Hardin [+Atk, -Spd] (Gradivus, Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Armor March 3, Quick Riposte 3) [Fire]
+10 Legendary Hector [+Atk, -Res] (Thunder Armads, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Ostia's Pulse, Distant Def 3)
+10 Gwendolyn [+Atk, -Spd] (Slaying Spear+ [unique], Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Close Def 3) [Fire]

Arena Assault
Score: 5,271

Tier 21 again! My Anna ended up holding her own just fine. I thought I'd manage to stay on Tier 20 at most whit her as bonus unit, but in the end she led me to Tier 21 for my 2nd time. Now I get another week of lazy playing while I try to choose who to play the week after.

I need more merges for the rest of my core team, also. I don't intend to keep Eirika in it forever, but if I get another Chrom I'll give her Aether to help with scoring till she goes out. Need more Sorens for merges so he can take Camilla's place and more Marths to take Nino's place. For now, I'll build up the Askrs.

Scores for this week:

T21 - 3790 - Missed the rank, but last I checked was around 1100/1523 for T21 cutoff

AA - 5275 - Rank 704

Not too bad, but the scores were quite a bit higher this week, likely due to Surtr.

48 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Finally made it into tier 21 for the first time:

Congratulation, well done. The first crown feels good.

Also thanks everyone who posted their scores and rank. Always interesting to see how far I am off.

Offense score of 3795 (T21) remains in T21, combining with a defense score of 580 for max rewards.

Robin picked up 19/20 KOs. It looks like one more week before the bonus rotation changes, so I’ll be doing that one more time.

45 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well...I am returning from Tier 21 to Tier 20, but I will probably return to Tier 21 next season. This is my life now: T21 -> T20 -> T21 -> T20.

Ha, looks like we are sharing that life then.

Good luck with your climb up again next week.

My first time in Tier 21! I forgot what my score was, but I do not think it was particularly high. Maybe people are busy over the weekend so they are not as keen on having a perfect score.

Anna week is rough. Demoted to Tier 18 now after being in Tier 19.5. No defense wins as well despite having 5 last week (including a 610 score one, my highest). These maps were too annoying both offensively and defensively for me.

As long as I get 4 orbs I'm okay. Can't wait for arena bonus hero changes already...

8 hours ago, Azuris said:

Ha, looks like we are sharing that life then.

Good luck with your climb up again next week.

In my opinion, once you reach Tier 21, it's not that hard to keep reaching it. I never fell to Tier 19 again, and never keeped my T20 position for more seasons. I always reach T21 in one season, to get demoted in the next one... I have a great team to make me reach T21, but not that great to keep the T21 for me since I don't use Armored units.

I was having good arena battles, but a team with Lewyn, Halloween Myrrh and Legendary Tiki (I don't remember the 4th unit) killed my bonus unit on the 4th battle... Oh well... I needed to start again... But later I got a good score this season: 3.730. My team:

1. Marth: Altean Prince (+10, +Atk/-Res): Falchion (eff), Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Steady Breath, Renewal 3, Drive Atk 2, Drive Spd 2 Seal;
  2. Nowi: Eternal Youth (+10, +Def/-HP): Lighting Breath (Res), Rally Spd/Res, Aether, Steady Breath, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Res 2, Drive Def 2 Seal;
  3. Soren: Shrewd Strategist (+9), +Spd/-Def): Wind's Brand (eff), Rally Atk/Def, Aether, G Duel Infantry 3, Watersweep 3, Close Guard 3, Drive Atk 2 Seal;
  4. Corrin: Dream Prince (+0, +HP/-Spd): Draconic Rage, Swap, Glimmer, Atk/Def Bond 3, Null Follow-Up 3, Panic Ploy 3, Close Def 3 Seal.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

My first time in Tier 21! I forgot what my score was, but I do not think it was particularly high. Maybe people are busy over the weekend so they are not as keen on having a perfect score.

Also congratulation to your first crown. Nice job.

14 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Two weeks ago it was my first crown, this time it was my first stay in T20. Looking good!

Well done, keep at it.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In my opinion, once you reach Tier 21, it's not that hard to keep reaching it. I never fell to Tier 19 again, and never keeped my T20 position for more seasons.

Yes, that is true. But I had one week where I just held tier 20, because I was so frustrated with my Anna dying to everything, that I couldn't get myself to do another run with more bonus kills.

AA is a lot more friendly in this and once you got your scoring done, you can rank pretty consistently.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I was having good arena battles, but a team with Lewyn, Halloween Myrrh and Legendary Tiki (I don't remember the 4th unit) killed my bonus unit on the 4th battle... Oh well... I needed to start again... But later I got a good score this season: 3.730.

Wow that is pretty diligent, that you are already done.

Also nice Marth, having a supportive unit is really good for Arena. I would like one as well, now you just need a Red Duel Infantry.

55 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Also nice Marth, having a supportive unit is really good for Arena. I would like one as well, now you just need a Red Duel Infantry.

Red Duel Infantry would help a lot in arena. I would say Male Corrin is a better supportive unit to have in arena, since his Yato grant +4 to all stats to the suoport partner, but I don't plan to do a +10 Corrin so soon, and Marth grants less bonus stats but he is a better "healer" thanks to Falchion+Renewal for the 20 HP.

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

But I had one week where I just held tier 20, because I was so frustrated with my Anna dying to everything, that I couldn't get myself to do another run with more bonus kills.

I don't remember of using Anna in any of my teams in Arena... I believe every time Anna was as a Arena Bonus unit, I had another better unit in my barracks or I summoned a good unit in the current banner. I already used Alfonse and Fjorm in Arena, but I don't remember of using Anna or even Sharena

In the last "Anna's season", I used Legendary Marth, and in the previous to that I used Legendary Hector. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Red Duel Infantry would help a lot in arena. I would say Male Corrin is a better supportive unit to have in arena, since his Yato grant +4 to all stats to the suoport partner, but I don't plan to do a +10 Corrin so soon, and Marth grants less bonus stats but he is a better "healer" thanks to Falchion+Renewal for the 20 HP.

That is true, but they are both pretty good. I regret sending so many Marths and Corrins home when combat manuals weren't a thing and I was really desperate for space.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In the last "Anna's season", I used Legendary Marth, and in the previous to that I used Legendary Hector. 

Yes, these units may have been "a bit" more useful.

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

That is true, but they are both pretty good. I regret sending so many Marths and Corrins home when combat manuals weren't a thing and I was really desperate for space.

I never used Marth that much. I got my first Marth on the first banner of the game, but then I stop using him because I also summoned a Lucina in the same banner, and for the rest of the year Marth as just a Pivot fodder... until early this year when Marth got his weapon refinement, and being a player who prefer in-combat buffs than visible buffs, Marth caught my attention. The ability of boost all allies stats is pretty good, and works even better if Marth is adjacent to his support partner and/or have skills like Spurs or Drives. Then I decided to invest on him and, in august, I finished to +10 him... for IS to announce Legendary Marth one week later... Hahaha

I am waiting the day for IS to release the Ward/Goad Infantry skills, so my Marth will have it, or at least dual Spur seals.

6 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Oof

Reveal hidden contents

Bonus units are everyone from Muspel, Ylgr, Hrid, Fjorm, Xander, Gharnef, Mist

Hm... I didn't expect... Mist... They could add Gunnthrá instead, so we would have all Nifl and Múspell units.

I will not try arena next season, since I will probably reach Tier 21 this week and I will be demoted in the next one, but I will probably use Surtr, since he is the one who scores higher.