Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight I will either barely get into Tier21 for the first time or remain in tier 20 for the first time. The score is 3730, which I doubt I can top with my current units until I get more merges. When I got it yesterday I was ranked firmly in tier 21. But the past few hours Ive seen my rank drop bit by bit to ranking 3407 out of 3454 for a crown currently.

Hopefully all the people who wanted to reach tier 21 are done by now. But somehow I expect to rank tier 20 in a few hours again. If the drop continues at the pace it is going now.

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Have they announced the next bonus units?

Still Surtr cancer for another week unfortunately. Although, we may know the bonus heroes starting Christmas day after the data mine tonight unless they have another update planned before then.

5 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Have they announced the next bonus units?

It appears that the bonus units for the next week will be the same as this week.

Chances are the bonus characters for the week afterwards will be in tonight's datamine.

Non-water weeks: a reminder in how even budget armour can't keep up in score with the whales without the power of blessings.

• T21 score of 3780 - #2031 (/1511)
  • AA score of 5251 - #1424

Theoretically, I could have pushed things higher with fishing, but with my score range as low as it was, that would have been way more rerolls than I had time for this weekend.

This weeks scores:

T21 Score: 3790 - Rank 1862 (/1513)

AA Score: 5269 - Rank 852

Pretty awful week. Dropping out of T21 for the first time in 9 weeks. Couldn’t handle re-running arena assault. Wind/fire weeks have the absolute lowest score defense teams. Was taking around 10 minutes of fishing to find first matches with 756 score and my max is 758... almost every time I got a 756, the next two ended up at my min score of 744... 

Ever since Surtr came out, all competitive modes have been hell for me. The bad part is that not all of it was due to Surtr. The “mistake” they made on the legendary seasons announcement for the month ended up making me waste 3 water blessings (and 3 earth if I switch my core back) so that I could try to stay competitive with the Fjorm bonus through 3 water seasons. Planning ahead really screwed me over this time, but oh well. Hopefully the next months will be better.

@Maaka That's a killer having to replace blessings like that.  Hopefully it won't happen again, but planning really does work most of the time (that's why I made my orb distribution sheet in my signature so that I can decide what to spend orbs on); I imagine that this is a one-time mistake.

• Arena: T20: 3,746 is rank 1,397/3,498/17,493 to go back to T21 for crown #9 - no defense wins for the first time in a while
  • AA: 5,217 (personal high) is rank 3,328

Next week I can relax in arena.  I wonder if the top 3K cutoff was around 5,223-5,226?

Damn it! I missed my daily Arena and Arena Assault quests today. I dropped back down to Tier 20 and I am top 10,000 for Arena Assault.

Also back to T21, I can relax again this week. As for AA I am always close to 3k, but to lazy to make more runs.
At the moment its just something I do just if I feel that way. Wish I could merge Aversa faster, she would push me a little with the Duell skill I have given her.

I was able to rise once more to T21, securing another crown for my Feh's head. At a few hours before close, my score of 3,733 was ~400 or so marks above the cutoff. That's a reasonable lead, but certainly not what it once was. There has been a rather significant score inflation, even for non-Fjorm+Water weeks!

On 12/13/2018 at 9:28 PM, DarkAlf said:

I think 3,733 also should hold.  Thank you for sharing!  I'm going to make my serious run tomorrow to get into T21 again; I should be able to get at least 3,735-3,740, maybe even 3,750.

It did, indeed, hold! I'm happy to hear that your serious run also managed to get you back into T21 as well (and by a much larger margin than mine!).

3 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

@Maaka That's a killer having to replace blessings like that.  Hopefully it won't happen again, but planning really does work most of the time (that's why I made my orb distribution sheet in my signature so that I can decide what to spend orbs on); I imagine that this is a one-time mistake.

• Arena: T20: 3,746 is rank 1,397/3,498/17,493 to go back to T21 for crown #9 - no defense wins for the first time in a while
  • AA: 5,217 (personal high) is rank 3,328

Next week I can relax in arena.  I wonder if the top 3K cutoff was around 5,223-5,226?

Honestly, I've found that people have been pretty tight-lipped about what the cutoff mark for Arena Assault is. It could also just be that those around the edge don't regularly visit this thread, or otherwise don't share their AA scores.

53 minutes ago, Astellius said:

It did, indeed, hold! I'm happy to hear that your serious run also managed to get you back into T21 as well (and by a much larger margin than mine!).

Congrats!  It's great to see you join me in T21!  It's amazing how just a few extra points can make that big of a difference.  The inflation is absolutely nuts!  Thank goodness my Fjorm is merged - hopefully more will come in a couple of weeks.  Now we can both relax in Arena next week!  I was a bit afraid I'd play a part in possibly pushing you out, but thank goodness that didn't happen.

54 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Honestly, I've found that people have been pretty tight-lipped about what the cutoff mark for Arena Assault is. It could also just be that those around the edge don't regularly visit this thread, or otherwise don't share their AA scores.

That's certainly true.  A lot of folks redeem the rewards without looking at the exact rank, and those that do care about rank are probably busy or don't want to share.  (I've kept a spreadsheet that tracks my weekly score and rank in Arena and AA since the end of January.)  I like revealing my ranks just to give folks an idea of what it takes to attain Tier X in Arena or Top Y in AA.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

While Surtr and buddies appear to stay for one more week, the next rotation has been datamined:

Spoiler

Great, Alfonse, Est and Eir don't make a difference for my team score. No idea which one to take. 

Strange that Est (690) scores slghtly higher than Alfonse (688).

Would be easier with Fae. 

Nice! 3742, which should be enough to reach T21 again (2 weeks ago I got 3743 and it was much more than enough). AA is done too, which is unusual, since I tend to left it for the last day.

About the spoiler, nice, I can use again my favourite unit from the Askr+Fjorm rotation, although I don’t think he/she will give me enough points for reaching T21 in the next weeks. 

Looking forward to using Cecilia in the arena. She’ll be +1 just in time for the next season’s start!

Amusingly enough, my team will be one Marth, two Cecilias, three Cherami Leighs, and four characters I like a lot.

I was thinking to use Est in the rena, but without a full Flying Team, Est will not be that useful... Yes, she has a weapon effective against armored foes, but she cannot trigger the Triangle Attack without flying allies, and having the allies she needs will lower my score.

I will go with Winter Cecilia next season.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I was thinking to use Est in the rena, but without a full Flying Team, Est will not be that useful... Yes, she has a weapon effective against armored foes, but she cannot trigger the Triangle Attack without flying allies, and having the allies she needs will lower my score.

I just made my Est 4*+9 (with refined Whitewing Spear) and will give her a try. But even with Cordelia and Cherche it won't be easy to give her all kills. 

I'm actually pretty excited to get to use my 4*+10 Est next week. Her attack will be high enough to one-shot most armored units and she has some really decent resistance, so she can use defense ploy and free up my seal spot on my Nowi. Only thing I'm really worried about is legendary Lyn, since we will still have one more week of wind season. 

@mampfoid I went with +atk/-hp. Even if it is low, her defense is rather important considering she is mainly an armor killer. Plus, her hp isn't anywhere near high enough to avoid panic ploy so... My general rule is that if they don't rely on hp for any skills, -hp is the best lol. Probably not true, but it has worked out for me so far.

Edited by Maaka

2 hours ago, Maaka said:

@mampfoid I went with +atk/-hp. Even if it is low, her defense is rather important considering she is mainly an armor killer. Plus, her hp isn't anywhere near high enough to avoid panic ploy so... My general rule is that if they don't rely on hp for any skills, -hp is the best lol. Probably not true, but it has worked out for me so far.

Well, never got -HP. I'll give it a try, otherwise switch to Alfonse who will laugh about Sutr but score lower. 

/Edit: Sooo many Sutrs and Myrrhs today in AA. Almost everybody went with 2 greens (Sutr+x) and sometimes 3 greens. 

Got a new personal highscore of 5,218. Needed more tries than usual, had to give Tobin and B!Ike an Earth blessing. 

Edited by mampfoid