Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to check in on things before they ended. 3791 was some stupidly high rank in T20 when I got it that there wasn't ever any chance of me falling out. AA was 5240, which score just over #2000. Despite water season, definitely won't be staying in T21, since Fjorm is no longer a bonus unit. Guess I still at least have a shot at top 1000 AA, though.

I already did my Arena Run for this season, and I got a score of 3.742. I believe my place in Tier 21 is guaranteed.

I used Winter Cecilia as my bonus unit, with Close Counter, Quick Riposte, Atk Ploy and Fierce Stance Seal. I was lucky of not getting any Surtr in the enemy team.

This was ridiculous. Fishing for 738-740 matches I used up 40 crests and didn't even get one 740 match. 738 matches were incredibly rare, my 5 streak were all 736. 

Team: http://tinyurl.com/y8uefrob

Est 4*+9 did very well, I didn't need to upgrade Flier Formation seal. I only ran into problems when having ranged units and green units on certain maps. 

Overall 3,740 was okay, but I hoped for a new high. Should be enough for tier 21 once again. 

Edited by mampfoid

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This was ridiculous. Fishing for 738-740 matches I used up 40 crests and didn't even get one 740 match. 738 matches were incredibly rare, my 5 streak were all 736. 

Team: http://tinyurl.com/y8uefrob

Est 4*+9 did very well, I didn't need to upgrade Flier Formation seal. I only ran into problems when having ranged units and green units on certain maps. 

Overall 3,740 was okay, but I hoped for a new high. Should be enough for tier 21 once again. 

Is there a reason to use Heavy Blade on Cherche's A slot instead of Sacred Seal slot? I'm building a Cherche myself and I've always seen your clears/teams with her and that got me curious

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

Is there a reason to use Heavy Blade on Cherche's A slot instead of Sacred Seal slot? I'm building a Cherche myself and I've always seen your clears/teams with her and that got me curious

If you don't mind me answering, Cherche needs both Quickened Pulse and Heavy Blade in order to reliably activate Galeforce. In Arena, she'd be more focussed on support unless she happens to be the bonus unit.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Pretty much what @Baldrick wrote. 

Those skills are just for arena scoring, since the bonus unit does the killing.

But otherwise Brave users need Heavy Blade (or Flashing Blade for armor/infantry) and something additional to proc Galeforce in one round of combat. That can be Quickened pulse or help by teammates (Ostias pulse, infantry pulse). 

Cherche is one of the few good candidates for Heavy Blade on A-slot, since her attack his high enough to not suffer too much from HB (instead of Death Blow for example). With Quickened pulse she can kill two units on turn 1 without help, which is important for my one-turn clears (and for fun). 

Guh. Eir is a royal pain to try and run through. While I haven't tried Cecilia I don't think she is going to help my woes much. I am thinking Est might be the best bet. Probably just evolve to a Slaying spear rather then spending feathers on her her lance(after all my scoring team won't be able to do much to activate her special effect). That or maybe I can just hang in 20 and give up the extra orb?

Next rotation looks like it will be less painful for me though. So that is good.

I am looking forward for the merge changes in February. Not only we will lose the Banes, but most of the units will have BST promotions, like Marth, who is a 158 BST will now be a 161 BST unit.

Now... about the future bonus units... I am planning to go with Linus.

13 hours ago, Rinco said:

Are these bonus units for next season already? Am I mistaken or we'll only have 1 week with Christmas units/Alphonse as bonus? 

The next arena season, that starts on January 1st, will have the current bonus units (Christmas/Alfonse), and the Arena Season that starts on January 8th will have the nex seasonal heroes (New Year)

16 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am looking forward for the merge changes in February. Not only we will lose the Banes, but most of the units will have BST promotions, like Marth, who is a 158 BST will now be a 161 BST unit.

Is it confirmed it works like that? I thought units use their unmerged BST for the score calculation.

25 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Is it confirmed it works like that? I thought units use their unmerged BST for the score calculation.

Yes.

For Heroes with an Boon and a Bane (I will not use Asset and Flaw): In addition to two stats increasing (as happens prior to the update), their bane stat will also increase.

Example: Merging a level 40 5★ Eir: Merciful Death (Boon: Spd, Bane: Res) for the first time, she will receive +1 HP, +1 Spd and +3 Res.

For Heroes without an Boon and a Bane (neutral): In addition to two stats increasing (as happens prior to the update), those stats will increase by 2 instead of 1 and one of the remaining three stats will increase by 1. (Which stat is increased will vary by Hero.)

Example: Merging a level 40 5★ Eir: Merciful Death (no Boon or Bane) for the first time, she will receive +2 HP, +1 Atk and +2 Spd.

A +1 unit will have his/her bane removed. Basically IntSys is saying: MERGE YOUR UNITS!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yes.

I was trying to ask, if it would have an effect on score. I have read how it works in general.

Now I made you write all this by not making myself clear. I am so sorry.

7 hours ago, Azuris said:

I was trying to ask, if it would have an effect on score. I have read how it works in general.

Just below the picture of the neutral Eir getting the stat increase, they talk about the effects of the change and how a unit will gain 3 to 4 stats. They then mention this:

'The stat-raising effect will also come into play during opponent selection in the Arena'.

So it looks like the stat increase will push a unit into the next bst bin where applicable.

7 hours ago, Azuris said:

Don't worry about it. I just copied and pasted the text from the in-game's notification, and just changed the Asset and Flaw words to Boon and Banes. He he he

working on trying to secure my spot to get to 19 so i don't fall out of 18, and my last run i had to face a Surtr. which is fine. but i would have brought Micaiah or Lavetain to deal with his annoying butt. there should be a way to see who you're facing not just the lead :( now i might fall out completely. 

On 30.12.2018 at 12:07 PM, Zelgius said:

Just below the picture of the neutral Eir getting the stat increase, they talk about the effects of the change and how a unit will gain 3 to 4 stats. They then mention this:

'The stat-raising effect will also come into play during opponent selection in the Arena'.

So it looks like the stat increase will push a unit into the next bst bin where applicable.

Thanks a lot. That's what I get for reading over it too quick.

That will also be really good for Zelgius, so you might be happy about that.

My scores for this week:

T21 score: 3796 - Rank 584/1459 (/4866 total)

AA score: 5267 - Rank 672

Some pretty low arena assault scores this week it seems. Est did some crazy work in the arena this week. Very easy kills thanks to her massive attack.