Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekly Scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,789 rank 542/1458 (/4861)

AA score: 5,302 rank 287

Decent scores this week. Naesala is quite useful and had very little trouble getting kills. The extra movement really helps out. Did have one Hector suicide on my Fae though, but it didn't matter in the end.

Arena (T20): Score: 3,724, rank: 2,200 (out of 3,282 to promote, out of 16,414 overall)
AA: Score; 5,215, rank: 3,408

The T20.5 yo-yo continues!  It was painful using Anna to get bonus kills - it took me 83 Dueling Crests to get that streak.  14/20 bonus unit kills for Anna with only her refined weapon - it was tough, but somehow I got it to work.

Not surprisingly, with fire season inflating scores I find myself in Top 5K in AA instead of Top 3K like last week.  Project Sheena might be starting soon...

This season is the demotion season for me, but for the players who try to keep the Tier 21, good luck.

Edit: I did my Demotion Run today and I got a Score of 1.820. I forgot how good if to do a Arena run without need to kill every single foe with the bonus unit, and I am starting to learn how Legendary Azura works: If you place one of your units on Legendary Azura attacking range, but there is a foe that has a rally skill, that foe will use Rally on Azura and then Azura will use Gray Waves on that foe. If not, Azura will attack your unit.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

3770 Points in normal Arena.
I feel like a whale for a week, or F2P who summons smarter. Just a few months and I can start of with Aversa for better score overall.

Edited by Stroud

On 1/23/2019 at 12:22 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Exactly. It's 54 − 10 = 44 and not 54 × 0.8 = 43.2 → 43.

Ah alright, well I have always done it that way anyway. Its just how it was done in other games I played before this one.

I'm all the way down in T17 this week :/
I have really struggled getting to T19 especially with this azura nonsense going on.

Main had no chance of staying. Earth season = all the Legendary Tikis come out to play and inflate the score. At least the Assault run was one and done without any bullshit casualties.

Alt might actually fall to Tier 17. It's Anna season. Galeforce Tibarn tears through my team every time, I was lucky to get 3501. I have about 1700 places between me and losing an orb. If I check tonight and it's down to 1000 places or less, I'm mass-sending home, rush-training Naesala, and putting him in.

Its hard for me to stay in Tier 19. I keep going 17->18->19->18->17->18->19

I think it just depends on the seasons and what units I have to use. This season is bad for me as I have literally none of the bonus heros that are worth a damn. I cant even complete the t17 without losing atleast 1 hero atleast 1 time.

I also feel like since the legendary heros are so important, everyone should get one for freee in each tier.
I literally only have 2 legendary heros as I've never been lucky enough to pull any one of them outside of Red Ike. The other one I have is Fjorm obviously since shes free.

Weekly Scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,802 - Rank - 284/1449 (/4831)

AA score: 5,300 - Rank - 366

Pretty great week. Next couple weeks won't be quite as wonderful in AA since it will not be water week anymore.

And so my alt sees the destitution of Tier 17 for the first time in a long time.

It was the perfect storm. Anna week is always bad, doubly so with Tibarn as a bonus unit. Then it was a Voting Gauntlet, so more players were turning in better and better scores to try to get more flags. And then it was extra-long, so even more players were inflating the score. To top it all off, my car's brakes got stuck and I had to take it to the mechanic,  and then I forgot my house keys in my car. Why is this important? I use an emulator to play my alt, and couldn't turn in a better run because I couldn't get home.

I will forever curse Heroes Anna's name. Whose idea was it to give a Pegasus Knight stat line to an infantry axe?

Tomorrow morning, I will hold my nose as I rush through a run. With highly merged units, even if I take a casualty or two, I'm bound to promote right back out.

Meanwhile, on my main, that lucky Assault run still kept me in Top 5k and gave me enough stones to refine Donnel and then Palla. The Whitewings are complete with one merge each to become flawless.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Is the Arena always going to end on Wednesday now?  I'm not a fan.

On 1/28/2019 at 1:44 PM, Shoblongoo said:

51518405_235661250722513_7753261283268362240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=454603248539f3873d75e5a8b8bdc0da&oe=5CB28D4251214636_367884963792968_6067405169828560896_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=cfac11423afbb90f92e758d0f52b0eb1&oe=5CF49DB5

Getting my first crown this season. Still pure F2P.

Thank you based Tibarn. 

How did you score that high with a ranged Cavalry BST on your team?

I have trouble getting a decent score even using +10 Titania with DC.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Unlikely. They've shifted the end date for seasons before when updates occur that affect how the game modes work, and all it does is lengthen the previous season and shorten the subsequent season.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Unlikely. They've shifted the end date for seasons before when updates occur that affect how the game modes work, and all it does is lengthen the previous season and shorten the subsequent season.

Sadly that will mean Light week will be shorter, so I'll have to wait another couple weeks to advance.  I wish they had made Duma a Dark mythic, so his ability wasn't wasted until we get an Aether mythic.

41 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have trouble getting a decent score even using +10 Titania with DC.

All the bonus points from killing enemies with a season’s bonus hero—Tibarn murdered everyone.

Edited by Shoblongoo

Getting a high score with Duma isn't a hard thing to do...

For the next set of Bonus units... hm...

Spoiler

0206a.png

I don't plan to summon on the new banner. If I get one of the armored units in the first circle, I will use them. If not, I will probably go with Alfonse or Walhart, but I still needs to promote him. Gunnthrá is also a good option, since mine is +4 and my Arena Team uses Chill skills.

Edit: For me, Gunnthrá is the better option. Because of the merges, she scores better in comparation to Alfonse and Walhart. I just need to be careful when initiating a combat.

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

This arena season will ends on Monday, because it started with only 4 days left. The same goes for AA and AR. We are having a shorter season this time because of the update, which nullifies banes/flaws and the AR Tier changes.

After this season, we will have a normal length season.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I was able to get into Tier 21 (although I could not stay) when Laevatein was a Bonus unit despite running Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and Olivia.

Alt: I want to be damn sure I'm escaping the shithole of Tier 17, so I played my best. I want to see how well a 700ish no-casualties run ranks in this shallow pool. I'm a whale in a thimble here. Except this account isn't the whale one.

Worst moment: A fifth match and Ike flung Inigo into his doom instead of safety, after over a half hour of failed runs. I threw my mouse in anger.

Can't wait to repeat this process next week so I don't fall back into the shithole.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

3730 with Duma as bonus unit. Let's see if this is enough to go to T21.

I would think so. Even with an armor bonus unit I would think the cut off to climb up would be in the low 3720's or high 3710's if you are really lucky.  Funny enough my 3740 is actually staying in right now. Not that that will last but it is nice to dream. After all there is no way that I can see that I could get an extra 8 points per match. 2 or 4 I could manage, but staying in is pretty much a 3780 endeavor, assuming it hasn't moved much from the last time I was looking at trying to stay.

Duma isn't quite as easy to walk all over everyone as Surtr was, but he still manages well enough I guess. That Oasis map is really something else though when double armors clash. Had to face 2 merged Surtr's, a merged Christmas Fae and a merged Sheena. He basically did 0 to single digit damage to everyone. That took forever.