Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I wasn't really getting on too well with Fjorm, so I dusted off my old +1 Eliwood that I've had since I started playing this game to do my arena run. I'm not sure if it's enough points generated to get me to T21 but I'm not too bothered. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My score this season was 3.748, and I am on Rank 1.173 right now. I am returing to Tier 21 next season. I got 5 defense results this season, the highest being 624.

In Arena Assault my score was 5.176, and I am on Rank 4.489. That's good for me.

Next season I will keep Duma, and for the next Bonus Units, I will go with Gunnthrá.

Wow, what’s happening this week? Usually I’m safe with 370X points and right now I’m in demotion to T19 with 3713 :O

And I’m going down, because I’ve done Arena 3 times this week and I’m not going to bother doing it a fourth time

Weekly scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,794 - Rank 869/1463 (/4878)

AA score: 5,280 - Rank 761

Cutting it a bit close in Arena Assault this week because I was lazy and didn't want to do another run, but still going to make top 1k unless something crazy happens in the last hour. Very little fishing to get my arena score this week thankfully and Fjorm did a nice job against everyone. Thinking the scores are so inflated due to the merge changes increasing BST on a lot of units, but it may just be from Fjorm week. Only had a BST boost on Nowi since my other two are duel skill users, so my score didn't see much difference.

3785 lets me stay in T21 with Fjorm +8 and budget armours. I'm a little surprised that this can still happen (outside of water season, anyway), since I failed to get Fjorm to +10 in December, but I guess maybe people are too distracted throwing resources at AR to bother putting anything more into this.

5261 falls well outside of the top 1000. It's kinda funny because, this not being water season, I expected this with AA, but not being able to stay with regular Arena. In the very least, I don't recall Fjorm having this much staying power as a raw bonus unit outside of water season.

Anyway, forgot how much fun it is to take bonus Slaying Spear+ Fjorm into armour land. She had little trouble claming several 12-point battles in my best run, which included wrecking L!Hectors and Surtrs.

Arena - Score: 3,749, rank: 1,323/3,355/16,776, so back to T21 I go
AA - Score: 5,221, rank: 3,789

I'm curious as to why there's been such inflation in AA - is it because of the merge changes?  Earth season?  A combination of both?  In previous seasons that score is very close to top 3K.

I gave Aether to Fjorm (she already has Slaying Spear+) to help her out.  Thank goodness I pulled a +Atk copy in the December legendary banner.

15 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

I'm curious as to why there's been such inflation in AA - is it because of the merge changes?  Earth season?  A combination of both?  In previous seasons that score is very close to top 3K.

Earth season has the highest-scoring Legendary Hero.

The merge changes mean that all merged melee Gen 2 trainee armors are in the 180 bin, all merged melee Gen 2 non-trainee and merged melee Gen 1 trainee armors are in the 175 bin, and all merged melee Gen 1 non-trainee armors are in the 170 bin (some of these were previously possible with sub-optimal superboons). All merged non-dancer melee infantry except Athena [= / +Atk / +Spd] and Bartre [= / +HP / +Atk / +Def] were also boosted a tier (Athena and Bartre are 1 point short of being boosted a tier if they don't have a superboon).

Edited by Ice Dragon

3,728 points. Awful just awful. xD Its about time my Aversa gets more merges. Don't know if I can even remain in T20 with this. And I just do not feel like I want to struggle long in this mode...At least I got some way to push Fjorm through.

Main: I'm embracing the drop week, just knocked out a streak of five and am now using the rest of the matches to train the hot spring units. Thankfully my Assault run was no-casualties the first time through, guaranteeing me Top 5k if not Top 3k, as opposed to cranking out an Intermediate run late Sunday night like last week, and settling for Top 20k.

Alt: This is the best I've done. T19 secured.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Weekly Scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,790 - Rank 711/1470 (/4902)

AA score: 5,300 - Rank 499

Pretty decent week considering I was using Alfonse. Hopefully next week is just as good.

Edited by Maaka

News-Arena-Bonus-Heroes-2019-03-05.jpg

I am between Panne and Ike for this season, since I didn't get Roy. If I give Panne a merge (+1), she will score the same as Ike, but I am not sure if I want to do it, since I only plan to invest on Panne if Kaden gets demoted. I will wait for the end of the Beast Banner to do my Arena Run. If Kaden gets demoted, Panne will get a +1 merge and be my arena bonus unit. If not, I will got with Ike.

I'll probably go with Sharena. Just inherit Aether on her and she'll be ready.

I wanted to have Blue Flame on her, but I don't know when and if I'll be able to pull another Owain and I don't intend to sac my only one.

Weekly Scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,776 - Rank 1,454/1,485 (/4,950)

AA score: 5,279 - Rank 773

Seriously annoying arena week with Alfonse... Somehow managed to just barely stay in T21, but it took far too many dueling crests. So happy I don't have to use Alfonse next week.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, L!Ike (100% kills) and two earth blessed units helped me to a new highscore in arena: 3,768. 

http://tinyurl.com/y5b6v6h5

Not much fishing involved (3 crests). Do you think I may have a chance to stay in tier 21 for the first time? @Maaka  (no idea if L!Ike + earth week raises the threshold). 

You should be able to with a bit of fishing to get 744-746, but now that I look at your team, you can make a few changes to boost your score without the earth blessing on Cherche. Just throw a double rally skill on Martha, replace hit and run on Cordelia with wings of mercy or something, and replace seal atk/def on ike with renewal/wings. That will boost your score up 2 more points. Could also put a double rally on Ike if you don't want to remove hit and run or ardent sacrifice.

I can't say I see too many people with a +10 L!Ike over L!Tiki in T21, but he hasn't been a bonus unit in a long time, so I don't really know what to expect. If anything, it really shouldn't be too big of a challenge with the score you can reach as long as you don't mind the fishing.

On 5.3.2019 at 1:33 PM, Maaka said:

You should be able to with a bit of fishing to get 744-746, but now that I look at your team, you can make a few changes to boost your score without the earth blessing on Cherche. Just throw a double rally skill on Martha, replace hit and run on Cordelia with wings of mercy or something, and replace seal atk/def on ike with renewal/wings. That will boost your score up 2 more points. Could also put a double rally on Ike if you don't want to remove hit and run or ardent sacrifice.

I can't say I see too many people with a +10 L!Ike over L!Tiki in T21, but he hasn't been a bonus unit in a long time, so I don't really know what to expect. If anything, it really shouldn't be too big of a challenge with the score you can reach as long as you don't mind the fishing.

Yeah, it seems I'd need to remove some helpful skills. Thanks for your help! (I'll ask for the threshold later this week). 

/Edit: New personal high in AA: 5,262. 

Should build more anti dragon and anti-armor units. Met one +10/DC/Special Spiral Velouria. Was so surprised, didn't even know how to deal with that. 

Edited by mampfoid