Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I have a Shanna +1 that I'm fielding as my bonus unit, but even with Blazing Thunder, Rally Def/Res and her prf, it looks like she has little hope of keeping me in T21—unless everyone's slacking real bad. Funny thing is that outside of Water Season, Florina scores better than Fjorm +8 and Gwendolyn +10 now, thanks to that L!Azura she consumed (and having a prf over Gwendolyn's Slaying Spear+). Being able to simply run a flier alongside my two armours feels a lot better, too, since the Guidance Seal provides the kind of flexibility lost by not being able to run Reposition or Swap (granted, I could just say "screw it" and do that anyway, given my score situation, but I prefer to practice now with what I may have to try to score higher with later).

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh! I fucking hate using Anna; she just straight up sucks against most enemies. I keep losing my fifth round.

— — — — — — —

Finally, I am done with her. I used up like at least 20 fucking Dueling Swords just to make sure she gets 75% of the kills.

Edited by XRay

On 19.3.2019 at 12:33 AM, daisy jane said:

@Landmaster took the screenshot because i forgot to take it when i saw the promote. but finally after the first time - 

THIS HAPPENED

1ayk7VG.png?width=342&height=609

Tier 20! that's meeee!  First time EVER! 

(my AA round was a new PB too - 5002, but still not high enough to get more AA bonuses).

Wohoo, congrats! (again) 

@Landmaster Wait, you have other Roys besides mine in your FL? :p 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wohoo, congrats! (again) 

@Landmaster Wait, you have other Roys besides mine in your FL? :p 

That Avatar is AMAZING~ ☆ ~('▽^人)

Anyway, I think I have 3 B!Roy's LOL, I always use him in my Brigades, haha~ The one I've used for the longest, I replaced with yours since yours is way better, kek~

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

That Avatar is AMAZING~ ☆ ~('▽^人)

Thanks *blush* "I'm a bunny!"

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Anyway, I think I have 3 B!Roy's LOL, I always use him in my Brigades, haha~ The one I've used for the longest, I replaced with yours since yours is way better, kek~

Approved. :-)

Finally! I can use Aversa in Arena. I made her +9 and for her last merge I wait until her GHB revival. My score this week is 3750 which is nice considering I don't use Legendary heroes. Of course I am lucky because I have Idunn though. Still its a nice score for me. 

12 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Finally! I can use Aversa in Arena. I made her +9 and for her last merge I wait until her GHB revival. My score this week is 3750 which is nice considering I don't use Legendary heroes. Of course I am lucky because I have Idunn though. Still its a nice score for me. 

I want to get a copy of Laegjarn, so I can give Aversa the R Duel Flying skill. I want to use Aversa in the Arena too. Mine is +2 right now, which are the 3 copies that we got in Aversa's GHB. I have enough grails to make her +8 (I have 1.627 grails, and I need a total of 2.200 grails), but I still need the feathers.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I want to get a copy of Laegjarn, so I can give Aversa the R Duel Flying skill. I want to use Aversa in the Arena too. Mine is +2 right now, which are the 3 copies that we got in Aversa's GHB. I have enough grails to make her +8 (I have 1.627 grails, and I need a total of 2.200 grails), but I still need the feathers.

Yeah =/ I was lucky because Laegjarn pity broke me, who knows if she gets on a new banner any time soon. But I think Aversa is a worthy candidate for R Duel Flying. She is a good support Unit, possible to merge and so on. And R Duel Flying has a good sync with her tome. 
I would wait for Aversas Revival anyway to +10 her, you would save 450 grails and it should be around end of April or beginning of may. Not even 2 months anymore. At least she is one GHB after Garon which gets his revival soon. 

9 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Yeah =/ I was lucky because Laegjarn pity broke me, who knows if she gets on a new banner any time soon. But I think Aversa is a worthy candidate for R Duel Flying. She is a good support Unit, possible to merge and so on. And R Duel Flying has a good sync with her tome. 
I would wait for Aversas Revival anyway to +10 her, you would save 450 grails and it should be around end of April or beginning of may. Not even 2 months anymore. At least she is one GHB after Garon which gets his revival soon. 

I am thinking about using Reyson in Arena too, since I got a Spring Veronica and she has G Duel Flying. I don't plan to use Veronica after the TT, so I could give Reyson the skill. Being a dancer which also works as a healer can be useful.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am thinking about using Reyson in Arena too, since I got a Spring Veronica and she has G Duel Flying. I don't plan to use Veronica after the TT, so I could give Reyson the skill. Being a dancer which also works as a healer can be useful.

Oh true, almost forgot this. Reysons chance for G Duel Flying is really nice. You can't go wrong with this, he can boost the score and help you getting bonus points while being more save. And healing helps too. I would wait with foddering Veronica until Reyson is +8 or +9. Maybe you will find another option meanwhile or you get lucky enough with Laegjarn. And only with so many merges he will start to be help in Arena for score. 

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

Oh true, almost forgot this. Reysons chance for G Duel Flying is really nice. You can't go wrong with this, he can boost the score and help you getting bonus points while being more save. And healing helps too. I would wait with foddering Veronica until Reyson is +8 or +9. Maybe you will find another option meanwhile or you get lucky enough with Laegjarn. And only with so many merges he will start to be help in Arena for score. 

Yes, I will wait until I decide to fodder Spring Veronica to Reyson. I only got two Reysons until now, so my plans of using him in arena is far away. And Veronica can useful for now, specially since she will be a bonus unit in a future arena season, and she can be useful in brigades modes.

26 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Also keep in mind that refreshers are going to take a notable hit in SP scoring contribution by running Dance/Sing over a dual rally(+).

I know it, but I don't really mind that much about it. My Marth could use a Dual Rally+ skill, but I use Reciprocal Aid on him instead. I can reach Tier 21 without problems... I cannot keep Tier 21, but it doesn't bothers me. My life in Arena is: season of promotion, season of demotion, season of promotion, season of demotion...

1 minute ago, Zelgius said:

I managed to drag Anna through a full arena run to score for 3737. She did fairly well, I think there was only two enemies she couldn't KO.

Sounds like a huge pain in the ass. Did you keep Nóatún on her or did you use another Weapon? I got tired of Nóatún's lack of killing power so I gave her Slaying Hammer [Def].

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Sounds like a huge pain in the ass. Did you keep Nóatún on her or did you use another Weapon? I got tired of Nóatún's lack of killing power so I gave her Slaying Hammer [Def].

I still have an Attack-refined Noatun on her, but if I had the resources to spare I would definitely give her a Slaying Hammer. 

Man. . . there is basically no one I want to use this season. I do have a Sue, but -ATK isn't exactly great for scoring kills, particularly in a defense heavy meta with a physical weapon. We need an armor slaying bow that can be inherited :D.  My best bet may just be to use Ephraim, but my experience with him in Arena isn't nearly as great as in other modes. I do have Legendary Azura. She might be able to help Sue out. But that will hurt my score some since that would be TWO unmerged units on my team. Not sure if more bonus kills would be worth that or not.

Edited by Usana

7 hours ago, Usana said:

Man. . . there is basically no one I want to use this season. I do have a Sue, but -ATK isn't exactly great for scoring kills, particularly in a defense heavy meta with a physical weapon. We need an armor slaying bow that can be inherited :D.  My best bet may just be to use Ephraim, but my experience with him in Arena isn't nearly as great as in other modes. I do have Legendary Azura. She might be able to help Sue out. But that will hurt my score some since that would be TWO unmerged units on my team. Not sure if more bonus kills would be worth that or not.

Every merge is approximately equal to 1 point per match, so every 3 merges is approximately equal to 1 bonus kill.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Every merge is approximately equal to 1 point per match, so every 3 merges is approximately equal to 1 bonus kill.

So to make up for each unmerged hero you effectively need to score 3 more bonus kills than normal. Basically Azura would have to guarantee at least 3 more bonus kills than I otherwise would get to be worth it. Given how tough a time Sue would have punching through stuff I doubt even Azura could gurantee that.

Not that it matters, I went a head and gave Ephraim a shot. And I now remember why I didn't like using him in Arena. Nothing but trenches and unpassable terrain everywhere, also lots of defensive terrain. I definitely need the rest of the team to run Repo to get him around. But at least he can punch through anything not named Sutr so far. I thought that most greens would stop him, but he is punching through Hectors and Faes easily enough, particularly with help. Sutr though. That blighter had 66 defense when being attacked into. Ephraim couldn't even scratch him.

Weekly Arena Scores:

T21 arena score: 3,786 - rank 1,335/1,478 (/4,925)

AA score: 5,285 - rank 888

T21 arena scores were super low this week compared to last week. Thank god Ike and Roy are no longer bonus units. Slacked off a bit in AA, but still got top 1k, so pretty decent week overall.

Thanks to Aversa I have it a bit easier again to switch between T21 and T20. Really cannot wait for her last merge. And she is good to use.  Maybe I can also try to get back into top 3k in Arena Assault. 

Since Anna is unable to even kill blues, I only did 5 matches in easy last week, because I don’t care dropping to T19 (since it’s easy to come back to T20). But omg, using Anna this week is a pain. I’ve given her the Noatùn refine, Atk/Def Bond, Wrath, Def Smoke, Flashing Blade SS, and even then she still struggles to kill...Can she be the worst unit currently in the game? 

Did my run but forgot it wasn't Fire season any more. Was wondering why I was scoring like crap. Brought the Earth team in instead and turned in a score that should be more than enough to stay T20 if not 20.5.

And it looks like I'm solidly 19.5 on the alt. Choked my first run (TIL that panic doesn't affect the bladetome boost itself, or maybe it wore off because of getting refreshed), burned crests to turn in a deathless, still wasn't enough.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

IntSys officially revealed the Arena Bonus Units for the next season:

Arena.jpg

I will use Spring Veronica, since she has G Duel Flying, but I am not sure how good she will do... If I don't do well with her, I will swap her for Fallen Female Robin.