Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Arg, my only 7 deathless 7 win streak in AA apparently low-balled me hard on my scores per match. Only 4890, when my range is 696-710 per match. So i'm going to finish in a 30-way tie for 1146. There were so many fucking Reinhardt and emblem teams today. I was unable to get past a 3 win streak.

My score for the normal Arena is 4914, which is good enough to stay in Tier 20.

9400 feathers for the week. Not too bad. Once I get more Reinhardt counters built up, I should be able to get in the top 1000 in future weeks.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we discuss Arena Assault here, too?

I sorta slacked off since I've been busy with Tempest, but my score was good enough for Rank 6725.  I've got 3-4 actual teams, then the rest is sort of mixing and matching.  I really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel with my bevy of -Atk 5*s for some of the battles.

For regular Arena, I'm back to Tier 20 again.  I hope to pull Clive, but if not, I guess I can use my 4* Eliwood.  I might even 5* him, if I need to, since I'll need a bonus unit next week to get back into Tier 20 again.

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Clive is free from the TT. Do you mean Seth?

Yeah, not sure why I made that mistake.  I did just train my 5* Clive, but he's not a bonus unit.

I have 22 Sacred Coins now! ...And still no idea what to do with them. Maybe tonight's update adding the new banner will have something?

Regular arena doesn't seem to be quite as fast at giving out the rewards.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I have 22 Sacred Coins now! ...And still no idea what to do with them. Maybe tonight's update adding the new banner will have something?

Regular arena doesn't seem to be quite as fast at giving out the rewards.

You give the Sacred Coins to Rezzy to prevent your 5*s from being -Atk.

Never got a defense win, but I did move back up to tier 20. Time for another week of taking it easy on offense. Which is good, since unless I get a 5* banner unit with my free Sacred Stones banner pull I'm not going to have a 5* bonus unit this week. I might have to actually 5* my Alfonse next week. Yuck.

Aside from the missing defense feathers, I like how hefty of a sum of feathers regular arena combined with arena assault is. What a huge change from early on in the game. I might actually be able to start trying some fun builds now that feathers aren't quite as painful to save up. And I wonder if 22 Sacred Coins is a significant amount or not..

11.4k total feather payout from Arena & Arena Assault...I'm definitely liking that.

Looks like it's time for Alfonse to gear up for the next couple seasons, as I doubt I'll be pulling from the upcoming banner.

7.5K feathers + 17 Sacred coins + 4 orbs. Not bad.

Didn't do a lot of Tempest Trials runs today in favor of doing some SI-ing and SP grinding for Arena units (namely the Askr Trio and Olivia).

Edited by Roflolxp54

I forgot to double check how many feathers I got, but the grand total put me at exactly 83k (which was oddly satisfying). And that's after I promoted Alfonse. I'm hoping he helps bring up my Arena score a little bit. 

I also ended up battling a three Hector team in the Arena. It was kind of a joke. Nowi used Threaten RES, and Summer Leo ripped each of them to shreds. I think even Reinhardt got to destroy one. That was an oddly satisfying battle.

Season 28 (1.3.0 S14) Results:

Score: 4,792
Defense: 580

ITxQrAg.png

First time fielding a full flier team for the arena, and I can't wait to deck these guys out further.  A sub 4,800 score was unfortunate, and likely brought about by Hinoka's incomplete set, as well as use of the low-SP Drag Back.  I thought it would be enough to move on to tier 20 again, but I saw myself getting pushed out of the ranks only today, and having to work most of the day I didn't have the time to try and improve it last minute. 

The last time I tried having a partial flier squad with Narcian and Hinoka, archers gave me so much hell.  Thankfully, Corrin is so strong with Blarblade that she simply punches right through them.  Both her and Caeda need better A-skills, but as of now I'm at a loss of what it should be.  Swift Sparrow would be lovely on Corrin, but that would necessitate pulling another Katarina.  Caeda stills needs a Wo Dao, and something better than her default Darting Blow.  Drag Back is great for positioning and makes the team a little more reliable, but it's not great for points, and ideally I'd like to replace for offense.

Narcian/Hinoka/Caeda will make up my main core in the long-term, with the remaining slot being a wild card.  I'll always need a bonus hero, and that will give me room to experiment more.

As for Arena Assault...

15UTTX1.png

Led with the team in the screenshot.  Was a first try run so no items were used.  Rank-wise was somewhere in the 2000s.  Did anyone here end up close to rank 1000, or just within it?  I'd be curious to know roughly how many points I would need to break into the next tier. 

Season 28 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

t3H2CYk.png

I thought this Hinoka build was pretty wild -- +Spd Hinoka reaches a pretty solid 38 with Fury, and this one can snuff reds just as well with Sapphire Lance.  I almost want to do something like this someday lol

XED1xIX.png

I wonder how many people bought into the hype and built up Quadsunas like these after seeing Gamepedia put her as the best archer in one of the earlier SI tier lists, and how they feel now that she's ranked among the worst apparently. 

q8LheV7.png

Was surprisingly annoying to beat.  I was somehow put into a position where Corrin didn't have Desperation active, while he had Bonfire active with enough health to avoid the one-shot.  I think I just had Caeda take the Bonfire on a defense tile and beat him that way.

MQmoFcV.png

Usually I expect to simply walk up blow away any archer I encounter, but I'm always surprised by how physically bulky Gordin is.  Thankfully I had Corrin to deal with it this time.

Previous Season Results:

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

As for Arena Assault...

15UTTX1.png

Led with the team in the screenshot.  Was a first try run so no items were used.  Rank-wise was somewhere in the 2000s.  Did anyone here end up close to rank 1000, or just within it?  I'd be curious to know roughly how many points I would need to break into the next tier. 

Stick to that tier, had 4892 and was ranked 11XX with like XX other guys or whatever. It's really cramped up in those two top tiers and I know I won't attempt it a second time, too many boring teams up there to retry all the time when something goes wrong like lowballed score, dancer on a bad map and unlucky team comps (excluding the 740 teams, where it would be rather easy to win, apparently.). I'll have to see the bright side of everything concerning arena. 20-19-20-19-... is already easily achieved in regular Arena with my best team, without any effort and regardless of bonus unit, while Tier 3 in AA seems as easily achieveable if it means 4832 = 4892 in its outcome.

2,500 feathers for 4,746 offence points;
   900 feathers for 558 defence points;
1,800 feathers and 4 orbs for dropping down to tier 18;
1,700 feathers and 15 coins for arena assault rank 29,216:

6,900 feathers, 4 orbs, and 15 coins overall. Nice.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Do we discuss Arena Assault here, too?

Hopefully, we don’t.

Mmmmm, loving all these extra feathers.  I love you, Arena Assault.  :wub:

Got a pretty good score for the regular arena already.  :^_^:  4880.  Maybe that'll be enough to stay in Tier 20 this time?  *Fingers crossed!*  I didn't even go fishing.

Team: Alfie, Olivia +1, Hector +1, Rein +2.

I'll work on AA tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Mmmmm, loving all these extra feathers.  I love you, Arena Assault.  :wub:

Got a pretty good score for the regular arena already.  :^_^:  4880.  Maybe that'll be enough to stay in Tier 20 this time?  *Fingers crossed!*  I didn't even go fishing.

Team: Alfie, Olivia +1, Hector +1, Rein +2.

I'll work on AA tomorrow. 

Do you can win those points with this team? Enough bsts?

Also the cuttoffs is 4880 the last week? I cant reach It. Ike + 1 Azura Nino +4 alfie.

Edited by ignis_z

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Do you can win those points with this team? Enough bsts?

Also the cuttoffs is 4880 the last week? I cant reach It. Ike + 1 Azura Nino +4 alfie.

Yup.  :^_^:  I think Hector boosts the score. 

I was in Tier 19 last week, so I'm not sure what the cutoff was.

I got my first Defense Win, but unfortunately, it was before I had a Bonus Unit in place.  I've got Seth trained up now, so hopefully, I'll be getting a second one soon.  We'll see if my 3 wins last season was a fluke or will be the new norm.  At least I'll be getting some feathers, though.

I managed a deathless Arena Assault for a score of 4768.  I led off with my flier team, which lowered my scores a bit, but I can try for a higher one later.  Right now my rank is 2322, but I doubt that will hold.

On 8/14/2017 at 10:16 PM, DLNarshen said:

As for Arena Assault...

15UTTX1.png

Does using items lower your score?

Edited by Rezzy

15 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Nah.  It was a not-so-humble brag.  I keep forgetting to bring them.

I've actually never used any items yet.  I either forget to bring them, forget to use them, or if I remember them, they wouldn't make a difference.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've actually never used any items yet.  I either forget to bring them, forget to use them, or if I remember them, they wouldn't make a difference.

Counterbuilding makes them pretty hard to need. Sometimes I'll mis-predict an enemy's movement or something, and it's nice to have them then. Sometimes I'll just use one for the fun of it =P . 4-mov horse mages are totally fair and balanced.

11 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

4-mov horse mages are totally fair and balanced.

If only the AI can use Boots on my Reinhardt defense team.

I just got fucked in the Arena on the 2 Bridge map against Nino Emalia Effy and Eirika... That March Skill on Armored units is beyond shit ¬.¬. Gap was closing too fast before taking out Nino...

I have to say tough i like my new Toy Tana with Drawback (if I am running with mages/Infantery units) or Hit and Run (if I am playing with tanks) + Firesweep Lance+ is nice together with Guidance. Pick Enemys of and Teleport with a new unit to a safe spot to finish them off :D

Edited by Hilda