Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Nope, but it can be fun. My Alm/Celica/Delthea/Sonya Tempest team can attest to that.

Ok, got it. I guess the bonus heroes this season are strong enough of their own to be in everyones team. 

With the Gauntlet, I've tried my B Team in Arena, fighting to getting the flags. No lose. Not once. Avoid death is difficult since my team is not at 100%... but this is promising.

Spoiler

B Team actually :

Lukas (5*, +Spd -Def) | (Lance Killer+, /, Bonfire) | (Fury 2, Renewal 2, Threaten Def 1, /)

Soren (4*, +Def -Res) | (Gronnraven, /, Rising Wind) | (TA3, /, /, Res+1)

Faye (5*, +Res -Atk) | (Firesweep Bow+, /, Daylight) | (/, Red TomeBreaker, Threaten Def 2, /)

Palla (4*+3, +Spd -Res) | (Ruby Sword, /, Moonbow) | (/, Wing of Mercy, Spur Spd 2, /)

Season 31 (1.3.0 S17) Results:

Score: 4,806
Defense: 582

pV4qSKO.png

I have little to no chance of staying tier 20 once I get here, and combined with the increased number of matches I’ll play due to the voting gauntlet, I went with good ‘ol Horse Emblem for quick, reliable wins.  Seth’s a great green blocker with his Ruby Sword, but I can certainly see why folks consider him the weakest of the new SS characters.  He’s just another red sword cav in a sea of solid red sword cavs.  He did his job well enough, anyway, even with his Atk bane. 

Arena Assault:

9V4u0QV.png

Season 31 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

qJ2VJT3.png

Donnel can be quite fast without his Brave Lance, and is not a bad choice at all for a budget/FTP player’s arena core.  I think he’s one of the few characters who hasn’t been on a banner yet?

iQclFJK.png

Once my Caeda and Narcian are at a level I’m satisfied with, I’d love to work on a Shanna like this one.  I’ve had no luck at all pulling Athena, but I’m now sitting on three 4* Rodericks.  Perhaps it’s time to shift my priorities…

Q1sgrFh.png

u053Kap.png

Archers are my new interest in this game, but I’m sure by this time next week I’ll be sick of them thanks to the amount of CYL Lyn I’m guessing I’ll be encountering. 

Previous Season Results:

Edited by DLNarshen

Just got a second Ninian. Currently I use a core of Nowi, Fae, Xander/Brave Lyn & starter bonus unit in arena. Would Fortify Dragons be worth it to be put on Nowi or Fae to help their tanky dragon counterpart? If it is worth it, who would be the best carrier of the skill? 

33 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Shoot. I forgot to do a proper AA run this week. I really need to be more diligent with that.

Dang that reminds me, I forgot to do the AA quests. I already did a proper run earlier in the week but forgot the final quests. :(

Offense score of 5088 remains in T20.

Teams faced:

Spoiler

NTucMU9.png

I did a lot of practice matches through Arena Assault (i.e. play the first match then surrender) to try getting adjusted after shaking up my team comp a bit; Nino was removed and Julia was added as a countermeasure to the inevitability of CYL units on defense teams. So far it's turning out pretty well. The team runs mostly on Ploys instead of buffs, so the art of properly positioning units to bait enemies into the right spots needed to be practiced. I think next week's AA is defensive maps (?), and if so I'm looking forward to getting infinite practice on those.

Interestingly, the team I had the most trouble with was one with a Slaying Bow/Glacies Faye on an Infantry Pulse team...I couldn't engage her with Celica or Julia without them dying. I'm considering switching Julia's assist to Reposition from the current Draw Back to help deal with situations like this (i.e. flip Azura/whoever into attacking range).

I also started play-testing a full Goad Fliers team in Arena Assault using Caeda (Brave/Desperation), Tana (Firesweep), Corrin (Sealife Tome), and Cherche (Brave), and it's hilariously effective. It was especially funny when I went up against teams running Panic Ploy, since the team has zero buffs. Facing Cavs in maps with minimal inhibiting terrain gets pretty dicey sometimes, though. I miiight even consider playing some regular arena matches with Caeda/Corrin/Cherche/Lucina: Brave Princess next season.

Edited by LordFrigid

Didn't catch the rank, but 4928 stayed in Tier 20 and was still there by a good 800+ ranks when I checked last night. Annoyingly, 4958 got pushed out to #1045 in Arena Assault. Guess I'm gonna have to start merging Nowi again, since the game refuses to give me extra Ninos or Eirikas and working on vanity/versatility projects seems to have put me behind by a bit. Sorry, Camus, you'd gonna have to wait on that Gradivus a bit longer.

2,500 feathers for 4,752 offence points; 900 feathers for 584 defence points; 2,000 feathers and 4 orbs for promoting back into tier 19; 1,700 feathers and 15 coins for arena assault rank 29,383.

7,100 feathers, 4 orbs, and 15 coins overall. Sweet.

I switched around my arena team and added a merge to Rein and Olivia, so I've been getting more points per match.  I replaced Hector with Brave Ike, and he's doing well filling Hectors roll! :^_^:

The downside is that the teams in the 700-712 range are tooooough!  (Or I'm just sucking tonight, I dunno.)  I definitely feel like there's a jump in difficulty from the upper 690s.  The teams at this level seem more... built to be a huge pain in the ass?  Haha.  :lol:  I wasted like 10 crests and gave out a ton of surrenders... Finally got a deathless run worth 4920 points, which will almost certainly be good to stay in Tier 20.

Offense Team: Brave Ike +1, Olivia +2, Reinhardt +3, and Laslow +3.

30 minutes ago, JSND said:

Got an ok 4830 score for this weeks promotion

Time to tackle AA once i finished budget Effie so i can run pseudo Armor Emblem as a starting team

I'm at 4824, i wonder if its enough to arrive in tier 20 for once? I guess ~4865 would be possible for me. 

Edited by mampfoid

Got a score of 4836. Hoping to raise it a bit before the end of the week but that should be good enough for Tier 20. I'm pretty excited because I'm getting to run horse emblem again, and it feels like a flawless team because it even handles Horse Emblem well. XD Cecilia counters Rein and Brave Lyn. Brave Lyn counters basically every DC unit with Vantage. Rein is a delete button already. Roy is adorable and a force to be reckoned with if he needs to be. Only problem is that I just don't get many points. I have another Lyn I can use for merging but......I think I'd rather save her for inheritance. 

Brave Roy+2 (+SPD -ATK) Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Fortify Cavalry, ATK+1
Reinhardt+1 (+ATK -SPD) Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Deathblow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Goad Cavalry, Hardy Bearing 1
Cecilia+1 (+ATK -HP) Gronnraven+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Hone Cavalry, RES+1
Brave Lyn (+ATK -DEF) Mulagir, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Swift Sparrow 2, Sacae's Blessing, ATK Smoke 3, SPD+1

Scored 4,800 with B!Lyn, Celica, Julia and Ninian. Probably one of my strongest arena teams thus far, though scoring may be hampered by the units' BST.

AA run had 2 deaths but I still have 6 days to get a better one.

30 minutes ago, JSND said:

4800 is basically promote into t20 range

Then I practically lingered always directly below that line. A fully build Brave Lucina and Moonbow for Azura pushed my score a little. 

In AA I manged to get a score of 4836, I assume that I'll stay in top 5k like last season (with 4858 on 2626th place). 

Just randomly thought about something, I think IS should give us more information on our defensive prowess, starting with the number of faced teams, not just the amount of successful defenses; an additional tab with more info would also be welcome, but the news about people not getting any matches and therefore - obviously - getting no wins must have made some people crazy as to why they were not having any success.

At this moment, the AI has become quite weird (I know they follow a certain algorithm, but it still baffles me sometimes why they act how they act; guess I'm just not as informed) and it would be really helpful to have some hints at what might be improved to make a team not do some suicide moves (like pulling away crucial units from teammates, so that they get slaughtered).

Another awesome addition would be a simulation, like a "FIGHT YOUR TEAM" option, where you face against the set team in the current arena rotation. Nothing shows your prowess better than testing it, right?

My aplogies if those have been mentioned in the past or even in this thread, since I don't think those ideas are really far-fetched, but I really hope they give us something like that in the future.