Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

No :(

I tried horses with Arvis, my offensive team, Arvis alone. Nothing.

Proof that Arvis sucks tbh

Anna with horses got me three wins. I think you should toss Anna or Arvis by themselves as your Def team at the last minute to see what you can do

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, Sharena applied her pokestick to them all. First Sigurd two tiles to the north of Ike on this screenshot, then Hana got danced by Azura to her demise. Ike wasn’t able to OHKO Azura, so the honours went to Arvis. The BK made ponderous steps towards Sharena waiting for him. Stage clear.

I love unorthodox builds on unorthodox units! I haven’t seen any Hana across these three weeks at all, yours was the first. DC Sigurd is interesting too, and was it your BK that had Renewal? I would have never thought about this. I enojoyed the fight, I did! ❤

By the way, this is now my high score:

L6uI0yX.png

Rank rose from 10k+ to 6523. Now I’ve guaranteed a place in tier 20 for sure.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @Arcanite @DefaultBeep @Rezzy

Congrats on your new high score!  I've only had a couple times where I fought someone from SF or they fought me.  You'd think it would come up more.

Well I finally am going to reach tier 18 this week.  I did it with my armor team, but sadly I have no defense wins.  I am rather proud of getting to 18 since I am 100% F2P.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

No :(

I tried horses with Arvis, my offensive team, Arvis alone. Nothing.

Have you tried upgrading the Guidance seal? Flier with Guidance+Dancer is a pretty good combo to catch people off guard. I use Tana+Olivia+Bike+bonus (Arvis this time) as my defense team and I usually get above 10 wins. Varies by map rotation, last week I was lucky to get 1 defense win

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, Sharena applied her pokestick to them all. First Sigurd two tiles to the north of Ike on this screenshot, then Hana got danced by Azura to her demise. Ike wasn’t able to OHKO Azura, so the honours went to Arvis. The BK made ponderous steps towards Sharena waiting for him. Stage clear.

I love unorthodox builds on unorthodox units! I haven’t seen any Hana across these three weeks at all, yours was the first. DC Sigurd is interesting too, and was it your BK that had Renewal? I would have never thought about this. I enojoyed the fight, I did! ❤

By the way, this is now my high score:

Rank rose from 10k+ to 6523. Now I’ve guaranteed a place in tier 20 for sure.

Nice! I've still been unable to break into tier 20; I've been bouncing between 18 and 19 for a few months now.

I completely forgot Ursula was going to be a bonus unit this Arena Season.  Yay, now I can run Horse Emblem unhindered.  Oh well, Dorcas, you'll be useful in Tempest.

I wonder if I should use Camus or Eldigan for my fourth.  I would use Leo, but being ranged might hurt his BST too much, and I'd like to stay in Tier 20.

I actually have a Kagero that I plan on building at some point once my feathers replenish, but that'll be in the future with everything happening next week. For now I'll just use the same team but replace Anna with Alfonse. The only thing is I don't really have a Seal upgraded that does him much good, I was planning on upgrading my att seal but I would prefer to wait until the squad seal version of it comes out since it looks nicer. Not to mention the new seals available tomorrow with the TT.

Score report time:

• Tier 20 Arena score of 4984 (Nino +7 with Aether and Atk Ploy 3 Seal, Eirika +1 with Fort Res 3 Seal, Nowi +10 with Distant Def 3 Seal, Arvis with Squad Ace C 1 Seal) - #2541 (/4889 to stay)
  • Arena Assault score of 5026 (Nino +7 with Aether and Atk Ploy 3 Seal, Eirika +1 with Fort Res 3 Seal, Nowi +10 with Distant Def 3 Seal, Sheena +1 with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1436

Game still won't give me any extra merges for Nino and Eirika. I did get a Brave Roy, though, so I guess my secondary Arena Assault horse team will have an even easier time securing a round for me. I've also gotten an extra copy of Sheena, so now I'm conflicted. I think, with Book 2 on the horizon, I'm just gonna continue to sit on my feathers and see if anything shifts rather drastically before determining where they should go. I'm still leaning toward Draug, even though Sheena can technically get more BST, it's harder to get more merges for her and Eirika's already being a major pain about that. I guess pressure is kind of off for now since I've fallen so far behind that no amount of knee-jerk merging will get me into top 1000 Arena Assault without spending orbs on additional pulls.

I’m probably gonna set up a meme defense team for the upcoming season since I have a completed Dorcas. Yes, I will also change my screen name for the time being. 

Finally got a good AA run. Deathless, several Advanced wins including 3 Advanced wins at the start, one of which was against a sword spam team (Eirika, Mia, Ayra, and Athena).

Bad selection of bonus heroes for me this season. The only one I have out of them worth using is Alfonse. Thankfully it's a tier 20 week so I can just not worry about it anyway, and Big Fonz should still be enough to get back into 20 again next week.

Edited by Alkaid

I'm seriously salt. Delthea WoM. PLEASE !

And too much Axura. Seriously. The arena is infested. First time I can't even finish a serie because of all of that. Rewards won't change, but still... Rah !

I'm going to miss Arvis.  He had no synergy with my team outside of providing random fire magic, heals, and debuffs, but still.  I've grown attached to him between 3 weeks of Arena and the TT.

Oh well, onward to the Reposition Bot formerly known as Alfonse!

It was my tier 20 week, so I was lazy and dropped back down to tier 19. Defense win. Score over 4000. And top 5k for AA. Super excited to use Mia next week. She still needs a B-Skill, and I haven't quite decided what to give her. Desperation seems like a pretty safe choice. It'd be nice to have Wrath... I saw some builds that recommend giving her Swordbreaker. Dunno how useful that actually is. 40 SPD is respectable, but not high enough to double everything in the Arena. Especially merges. I'll think about it as I'm grinding the TT.

I got two defense wins with my horse team at the beginning of the week and quickly switched over to my WIP "Bae Emblem" Team with Merric, Summer Leo, Shigure, and Innes. I got 3 wins with them. I felt kind of bad because I'm not trying to get wins just showcase my boys, so I switched out Shigure for Lukas for the last few days. I figured he was the one tripping people up.

I need less than 4k feathers to be back to 120k. I know for sure that I'm merging my Joshuas together when I get them.

Have the bonus units for this season been comnfirmed? Hopefully I have one so that I can go back to tier 20

Edit: Nevermind. Found out the bonus units. Sadly, I don't have any of these units trained up.

Edited by Poimagic

Offense score of 5094 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a Defense score of 590 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

WoUuxcY.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

tJ9CLSY.png

Alfonse in next week's bonus rotation means my flier core is back for this bonus rotation, which I'm quite excited for.

Season 42 (1.3.0 S27) Results:

Score: 4,922 (New Record!)
Defense: 580

WWbUjL2.png

Changes from last week:

-Hinoka gained another merge mid-season, but my score was obtained before that.
-Deflect Magic 3 seal was upgraded, replacing the Atk+3 seal

I was on track to make a 4,926, but I got a death on the last match, and I had already wasted enough crests getting a deathless run to begin with -- getting another with Hinoka's new merge wasn't worth the effort.  I don't have high hopes for next season, having to use Alfonse again with no significant changes to the core, but I'm hoping for good things after the 27th. 

Arena Assault:

5L1bpb2.png

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

flCUTKU.png

I got careless around this guy, thinking "lol daggers", and but I got bodied by his surprising physical bulk.  As someone who's been playing actively since launch, I still can't believe I haven't pulled even one Saizo yet.

afnAfpl.png

Looks like someone took a page out of mk1's playbook, from the developer challenge maps recently.  It didn't work quite as well, and it's amazing how much easier Ryoma is to deal with when he doesn't have Vantage.

BmJTXqI.png

Geez, who even needs a raven tome?  +18 Def/Res against ranged attackers while surrounded by allies is hilarious.

Previous Season Results: