Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Back to tier 20, this time I got about 12 defense wins, must be a combo of the awful map rotation and VG. 

On AA I got to stay in the top 5k (rank 4,700 to be exact). Now I have enough coins to complete the Speed+3 SS but I still need Blue badges...

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 49 (1.3.0 S34) Results:

Score: 4,988
Defense: 600

QGvgPwA.png

Changes from last week:

-Caeda got another merge (+5 to +6)
-R A Z Z L E D A Z Z L E

Caeda has now passed Narcian for my most merged unit.  I've been strangely fortunate with pulling her, especially when I consider that I have yet to pull a Seliph, and only one Cain...

Like Jaffar was last week, Genny was mostly useful for chip damage, only she could also heal when needed and wasn't limited by what she could chip.

Arena Assault:

fqaKCOv.png

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

t0MnuAb.png

The guy probably has summoner support on him too.  One of the bulkiest units I've ever seen.

Previous Season Results:

Score of 5128 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a Def score of 614 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

zw3Pnpi.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

PznyBjG.png

Two mono-unit teams in one season was interesting, albeit easy pickings for Novice Vacationer Corrin and Caeda.

Week 3/4 of pure Flier Emblem, this time with Hone Fliers from Azura! Stacking +15 Atk/Spd onto Caeda was funny, and Corrin got to take Blárblade+ for a spin for total overkill mode. One more week of this to go!

Edited by LordFrigid

For once in a long time i didn't get the max score for a Defense win for my main account. I got 291 when I misinterpreted who the bonus unit was- so i switched but never got another defense win again :/ (well maybe switching teams everyday could be a factor as well)

You'd think having Gunter means Horse Emblem can give you wins but i guess people are too prepared (i used 4 star to try and lowball the score threshold for my team)

at least some feathers is better than none

4874 is still good enough to get into T20 although it's getting uncomfortably close to the cutoff (was about rank 9000 10 hours before the close). Still, that I can still get there with horses and a dancer is nice.

Did my new lazy thing of 3 advanced AA fights and got 4828 for a comfortable enough rank of 16000.

Unless they're just non-Chinese players who swapped game languages and stayed with the default player names, at least a few Chinese players don't seem to waste time when it comes to getting Heroes and merges as I already got a defense win from a Chinese player based on the fact that they're using the default Chinese name Àikèlā (艾克拉) - Chinese transliteration of Eclat, the default Japanese name. Score of 584.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Arena already done.
5050 Points with Team A.Tiki +6, Sheena +7, Gwendolyn +5 and Swordmilla.
Lately I don't get any merges for my core Units...After drawing countless red without any Adult Tiki..

Also I can't wait for a legendary Hero which will give us attack boost. But I suppose we get earth with def buff on the next legendary banner. But I could also be mistaken.
Sadly the chance for laevanteinn to become one in the future is quite low I guess =/. 

Phew, managed to get into Tier 19, so I can relax again :)

Currently playing about trying out an armour + Alfonse team to see how it goes.

So far, no deaths, but only played three matches. Team is Count Henry, Frankenjakob, The Christmas Robin and Alfonse. I had planned to run BK but then remembered bonus units are a thing.

It's been only four hours, and my flier shenanigans defense team from last week already has two wins (606 and 600 points).

+10 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, Quickened Pulse)
+10 Spring Camilla [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Iote's Shield)
+0 New Year Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Hagoita+, Sing, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers, Guidance 3)
+10 Bride Cordelia [+Spd, -Res] (Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Cancel Affinity 3, Breath of Life 3, Breath of Life 1)

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Phew, managed to get into Tier 19, so I can relax again :)

Currently playing about trying out an armour + Alfonse team to see how it goes.

So far, no deaths, but only played three matches. Team is Count Henry, Frankenjakob, The Christmas Robin and Alfonse. I had planned to run BK but then remembered bonus units are a thing.

I run a similar team (I mean, 3 armor + a bonus unit): C!Robin, BK, Hector and Alfonse. With Henry being able to range attack, I recommend you trying BK once you finish your run. I'm in Tier 19 too, and got 4878 points, although I think I got 1 death in the last map (not sure if I can go to Tier 20 with it, though). If you want, we can share our sets, since maybe we can both find something helpful for the other one :)

9 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I run a similar team (I mean, 3 armor + a bonus unit): C!Robin, BK, Hector and Alfonse. With Henry being able to range attack, I recommend you trying BK once you finish your run. I'm in Tier 19 too, and got 4878 points, although I think I got 1 death in the last map (not sure if I can go to Tier 20 with it, though). If you want, we can share our sets, since maybe we can both find something helpful for the other one :)

I might give him a shot. I like Jakob since he seems to be a good counter for Lyn, though sadly can't run both wary fighter and quick riposte like I would love to do. Even bow breaker would be nice. Going to see about trying to bulk him up to oneshot Lyn, which he can sometimes do depending on her stats :)

BK would be nice but I felt him a bit redundant when running Alfonse, too, though my Alfonse is currently running a player phase build (he has Brave Sword). He also currently has axe breaker.

Not sure I can make it to Tier 20 - never breached that yet, but then I have always run a team of Reinhardt + Xander, so this is new for me ^.^

However, last week, my team left me nearing the bottom so wanted to try something new in the hopes of staying at least bouncing between 18 and 19 :D

I'm happy to share sets. Could be fun ^.^

I have got different armours, too - Santa Chrom, Arden, Hector and Gwendy are all 5*, as well as the ones mentioned :)

21 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I might give him a shot. I like Jakob since he seems to be a good counter for Lyn, though sadly can't run both wary fighter and quick riposte like I would love to do. Even bow breaker would be nice. Going to see about trying to bulk him up to oneshot Lyn, which he can sometimes do depending on her stats :)

BK would be nice but I felt him a bit redundant when running Alfonse, too, though my Alfonse is currently running a player phase build (he has Brave Sword). He also currently has axe breaker.

Not sure I can make it to Tier 20 - never breached that yet, but then I have always run a team of Reinhardt + Xander, so this is new for me ^.^

However, last week, my team left me nearing the bottom so wanted to try something new in the hopes of staying at least bouncing between 18 and 19 :D

I'm happy to share sets. Could be fun ^.^

I have got different armours, too - Santa Chrom, Arden, Hector and Gwendy are all 5*, as well as the ones mentioned :)

I was bouncing between 18-19 when playing my Flier Emblem, so I decided to move to armors and make my debut on tier 20 last week (although it was impossible for me to stay there)

This is what I'm running:

C!Robin: Tannenboom! + (Speed ref), Reciprocal Aid, Bonfire, Brazen Atk/Spe 3, Vantage 3, Armor March 3, Atk Smoke 3.

Reciprocal Aid is there as the only source of "healing" of the team and fits well at the end of the match when you need a certain unit (Robin or other) with enough HP to kill that enemy so you can steal ally's while still being in Brazen range or give Robin's HP. As I'm running units with high defense, I thought that Atk Smoke would be funny. His role is the main attacker of the team if there's no WTD.

BK: Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Stance 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Armor, Panic Ploy 2

He's one of the 2 bait units of the team. With Swap and WoM he can move/teleport to any point where he is needed to be blocking the way. 

Hector: Armads, Pivot, Ignis, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Armor, Quickened Pulse

Same role as BK's. Since he has built-in QR2, I decided to give him a more offensive SS

Alfonse: Fólkvangr, Pivot, Sol, Death Blow 3, Axe Breaker 3, Spur Atk 3, Hone Speed 1

His main role is countering B!Ike and Amelia whithout needing to waste BK for that. Tbh, I'm much happier with him than expected. I decided to keep his prf weapon to make up for the low score of the SS. My next Aether fodder is going to be for him. 

Hmmm... I'm not sure what my characters have off the top of their head. I keep forgetting to put seals on them, too >.<

The Christmas Robin - He has Tannenboom+, Swap, Bonfire, Brazen Atk / Spd 3, Swordbreaker, Armour March - Heavy Blade Seal (left over from Tempest Trials).

Frankenjakob - Monstrous Bow+, Swap, Bonfire, Armoured Blow 3 (thinking of changing this to something like Atk+ or maybe even Fury), Wary Fighter 3, Hone Armour 3 - Currently no seal but possibly Atk + seal. One hit KO that Lyn!

Count Henry - Spectral Tome+, Swap, Iceberg ... Now I honestly can't remember his A or B slots, if I've given him anything past Live For Honour (I feel I have though), Armour March 3 - Also has no seal. Not sure what seal to give him. Will need to check this one as can't recall what I've done to him xD

Alfonse - Brave Sword+, Swap, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Axebreaker 3, Hone Attack. No seal currently.

I will admit, I didn't think my team through, since I was going to go with my usuals before I decided to play about. Any suggestions?

Edited by Cute Chao

41 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Hmmm... I'm not sure what my characters have off the top of their head. I keep forgetting to put seals on them, too >.<

The Christmas Robin - He has Tannenboom+, Swap, Bonfire, Brazen Atk / Spd 3, Swordbreaker, Armour March - Heavy Blade Seal (left over from Tempest Trials).

Frankenjakob - Monstrous Bow+, Swap, Bonfire, Armoured Blow 3 (thinking of changing this to something like Atk+ or maybe even Fury), Wary Fighter 3, Hone Armour 3 - Currently no seal but possibly Atk + seal. One hit KO that Lyn!

Count Henry - Spectral Tome+, Swap, Iceberg ... Now I honestly can't remember his A or B slots, if I've given him anything past Live For Honour (I feel I have though), Armour March 3 - Also has no seal. Not sure what seal to give him. Will need to check this one as can't recall what I've done to him xD

Alfonse - Brave Sword+, Swap, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Axebreaker 3, Hone Attack. No seal currently.

I will admit, I didn't think my team through, since I was going to go with my usuals before I decided to play about. Any suggestions?

C!Robin is okay, maybe change Swordbreaker for Lancebreaker if you can, although I think he's fast enough. 

For H!Jakob, if you really want to do as much damage as possible, I'd go for Death Blow 3 and Atk+3 SS. Fury would give you as much atk as Atk+3 A slot, while also risking Wary Fighter. Another option could be Brave Bow +, although it's more expensive, and Panic is nice in Arena. Maybe refining Monstrous Bow with +Atk? It's just a matter of see how many Atk you need to OHKO Lyn. 

For H!Henry, as he wants to be near his buddies to use Armor March, I decided to give him Gronnowl+. However, I haven't decided yet which skills give to him (as I couldn't get a second C!Tharja for Close Counter) so he's actually sitting in the bench. I remember I give him G Tomebreaker for B, but I don't remember why :/

Alfonse is okay, just give him a Hone Sacred Seal. Maybe use his default Spur Atk 3 since H!Jakob has Hone Armor and you could give H!Henry or C!Robin Hone Armor too (I'm running only 1 Armor March with 3 armors and I usually don't have movement issues, but maybe is for WoM positioning). That way, you could boost H!Jakob's atk by 10 (+6 Hone Armor, +4 Spur Atk)

I hope you find this useful, and I think after what I've just said of positioning I'm going to try WoM in H!Henry as soon as I've another Cain, so it's been useful for me too xD

Edit 1: I'm running the maths on Kagerochart and with Hone Armor + Spur Atk, even with Atk+3 A and Atk+3 SS neutral H!Jakob can OHKO BH!Lyn. Now I'm going to see how needed are Hone and Spur

Edit 2: Without the Spur Atk, only DB3 achieves to OHKO BH!Lyn, and this can only be achieved in Player Phase.

The maths has been run considering neutral 5* H!Jakob with his default Monstrous Bow + (non refined) vs neutral 5*+10 BH!Lyn with her default set

Hope you find this useful @Cute Chao

Edited by Javi Blizz

@Javi Blizz

I'll definitely look into giving someone else Hone Armour. I think Count Henry already has it, since I wanted to be able to switch. I've just refined both of my Halloween armours to have +atk on their weapons. And yup, problem with Death Blow is the player phase, whereas I am hoping to kill Lyn on the enemy phase.

Ah, my Alfonse does currently have spur attack, so at least there is that. Checked at break :)

I have a herd of Cains I can use, since I always keep them for a 'just in case' xD Maybe this is a case :)

And yeah, I would love close counter for him, but I've found he's currently running my generic go to of plus atk. I didn't pull for Tharja and have no plans to. Sadly, my current Takumi isn't very good, so if I got a better one, I'd need to merge for the skills. If I ever pull another terrible Takumi, though, Count Henry is currently my first choice for it :)

I have considered Brave Bow for Frankenjakob, but again it's more player phase (though you could argue my Alfonse is also currently in player phase mode). I figured I'd be doing that if I use my armours for defence in the future, since I know first hand how annoying a Frankenjakob with brave bow can be -.-

Thanks for this :) I'll definitely have a look into it. I'll finish my first run and see what I get (although the first three matches didn't have seals). It's the fun round, though, since I don't mind dropping back down to Tier 18. I just don't want to drop further, since Tier 17 has less orbs :O

gees Gunnthra +10 and NYAzura +0 dumped my current points down to 714 pr battle lulz. Still reached 5020 points, should be enough to stay in normal Arena T20. Arena Assault i got my deathless run with 5222 points. Omg so many Armored units. I might need to invest into Armorslayer ._.

47 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Omg so many Armored units. I might need to invest into Armorslayer ._.

I've found that building a few teams with good synergy is generally enough. I don't even need to counter pick most of the time since my teams are balanced enough to handle pretty much anything (I just go down the line, top to bottom).

Lead team for points
+10 Mystery Tiki [+Spd, -HP] (Lighting Breath+ [Def], Rally Def/Res, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Atk Smoke 3)
+10 Gwendolyn [+Atk, -Spd] (Killer Lance+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Panic Ploy 3)
+10 Amelia [+Spd, -HP] (Slaying Axe+, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Distant Def 3)
+10 Brave Ike [+Atk, -HP] (Urvan, Rally Def/Res, Aether, Distant Counter, Beorc's Blessing, Drive Def 2, Close Def 3)

Melee cavalry team
+10 Eldigan [+Atk, -Res] (Mystletainn [unique], Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry)
+0 Frederick [+Atk, -Res] (Hammer+, Reposition, Luna, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Cavalry)
+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Kindled-Fire Balm, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry)

Ranged cavalry team
+8 Brave Roy [=] (Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)
+8 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry)
+0 Cecilia [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)
+10 Brave Lyn [+Atk, -Def] (Mulagir, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Sacae's Blessing, Hone Cavalry)

Ranged flier team
+5 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Flier Formation 3, Hone Fliers)
+0 Halloween Nowi [+Spd, -Res] (Grimoire, Reposition, Atk/Res Bond 3, Hone Fliers)
+9 Summer Corrin [+Atk, -Res] (Blarblade+, Repostiion, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Ward Fliers)
+10 Spring Camilla [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Iote's Shield)

Melee flier team
+0 Palla [+Atk, -Res] (Ruby Sword+, Moonbow, Axebreaker 3, Goad Fliers)
+10 Cordelia [+Spd, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Hit and Run, Hone Fliers)
+10 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, Quickened Pulse)
+0 New Year Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Hagoita+, Sing, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers)

Dragon team
+8 Awakening Tiki [+Atk, -Spd] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lighting Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Bride Cordelia [+Spd, -Res] (Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Cancel Affinity 3, Breath of Life 3, Breath of LIfe 1)

Armor team
+2 Winter Tharja [+Atk, -Def] (Candelabra+, Swap, Iceberg / Glacies, Close Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Close Def 3)
+10 Effie [+Atk, -Spd] (Heavy Spear+, Swap, Aether, Distant Counter, Wary Fighter 3, Ward Armor)
+10 Sheena [+Atk, -Spd] (Killer Axe+, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lighting Breath+ [Spd], Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Dragons, Speed +3)

I also have an infantry team (Ephraim + Litrblade) in the works, but it's not quite ready for action yet because I don't have Ephraim built. I'm also trying to figure out if I can work Selena, Soleil, Ayra, and Lukas into a team, but I'm rather short on greens at the moment and need to figure out how to fix that problem.

Edited by Ice Dragon

yeah i dont have so many +8 to +10 merged unit so i usually counter pick.

Mostly Team 1: the highest point Team consistent of 4x+10 unit

Team 2: Black Knight +1, Effie +6, Amelia +10 + Healer
Team 3: Flyier Emblem Gronnblade S!Camilla+10, S!Corrin +4, Valter +2 + NYAzura
Team 4: Horse Emblem: Rein, Cecilia, Xander, Elise +9
Team 5: Counterpicks involvuing pain/savageblowx2 Azama
Team 6: more Counterpicks
Team 7: some more counterpicks

Its doable, but it can get iffy at times, so a Hammer on some units would go a long way

So this guy/girl thought it would be smart to put 2x +10 5Star Reinhardts with Deathblow Wings of Mercy and Spur Cavalry + a +10 5 Star Wo Dao Triangle Adept Olivia and an Alfonse as a Defense Team... Easiest map ever lol.
Everything massacred themself onto Cair when i put her into the middle of the 2 bridges, the rest of my Team chilled on the background. The only unit that dealt noticable damage was Alfonse, everything else dealt 0 dmg...

Edited by Hilda

Omg a +10 +SPD NY!Azura just doubled (with Iote Shield for A Slot) and killed my +1 +SPD Fury Ryoma... The doubling was expected since she had +3 SPD buff and a Drive SPD but I never would have expected her to be able to ORKO my Ryoma...

I am also sad that the Blessing's season has changed. Water Blessing no longer gives bonus points as I can no longer get 744 match-ups with my team and my average dropped by 4 points or so.

Ahhhhh, yessss!  Finally got my AA deathless run done.  :>_<:

I tried last night, but couldn't get it deathless.  I tried several more times earlier today too.  I hate Christmas Tharja and Halloween Jakob!  Oh, and Effie with Berkut's Lance.  Seriously, what's with all the armours this week?  My score isn't really much higher, so I know it's not that.  Maybe it's just bad luck or people are building their teams more around the Christmas units... I did run into a lot of Christmas Lissas too, but I don't have much trouble with her.  Armour March is scary, though.  Kind of makes me prefer the horses a little.  A little.  (Not that there was any shortage of those either this week, ahah.)  I don't mind Rein anymore because I have 7+ people to counter him.  In a way, horses are easier for me to deal with in AA because they have 3-move and you can just bait them out with someone who can kill them on the counter.  Firesweep Lyn sucks, though. :P:

I got the regular Arena done on my second try because my main arena team is tougher, so that wasn't too bad.  I struggle more against the armours in AA because my other dudes are a bunch of scrubs.  Even when they have a colour advantage, they can barely scratch an armour (especially a +10 one) on a defense tile.  That desert map with the square/water in the centre gave me some trouble against Christmas Tharja a few times cause I couldn't get her off it... I need to invest in more armour slaying units now, because these guys are taking over the arena!  :XD:  I only have Tobin and Fred trained up.

Anyway...

Arena: 5058

Defense: 596

Arena Assault: 5076

10 hours ago, Clogon said:

Omg a +10 +SPD NY!Azura just doubled (with Iote Shield for A Slot) and killed my +1 +SPD Fury Ryoma... The doubling was expected since she had +3 SPD buff and a Drive SPD but I never would have expected her to be able to ORKO my Ryoma...

I think I ran into one with 53 speed or something ridiculous.  I can't remember if that was even buffed or not. 

Wowza, I wouldn't have expected her to one-round Ryoma either.