Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like i have to replace saizo with my super desperation brazen heavyblade moonbow reciprocal aid Anna

Didnt pull from the new banner at all. 

If there isno wind season i might replace gunnthra tough

I DID IT! I BROKE 5K IN THE NORMAL ARENA!

Ve6SMuN.png?1

It's...not enough to stay of course, but that's another goal met. XD I'm proud of myself! Back to tier 19 with a strong sense of pride at least! 

Next season should be interesting. I've got a lot of options to work with. I've got my Eirika, Myrrh, and Lyon of course. But then Raven is also kind of a major part of my Arena team already. Myrrh would get me the most points, but I also don't want to run a triple green team. I'm thinking I'll run Merric, Raven, Tiki....and maybe Fjorm again. I could probably try out Tana too since she's now +2 and Guidance could be useful...

...Well, I was gonna try to maybe stay in tier 20 this week, but I have absolutely none of the bonus units built up (or at all for the new banner units), and the ones i could build take a lot of feathers to actually make decent for scoring. Looks like I'll be dropping to 19 this week like normal, which isn't really that bad, but a bit disappointing...

@Rafiel's Aria Congratulations! This was the first season in a long time where I set a new personal best score myself (only 18 away from 5,000...), and it's always fun to see others reach similar milestones as well.

@DefaultBeep @mampfoid Thanks!!! It's sure taken a while... And a lot of merges. Merric's a +8 merge with Dark Excalibur, a double rally skill, Aether, Drive C-Skill, and Panic Ploy seal. Raven is a +4 merge with a refined weapon, Tiki is +2 with refined breath, and Fjorm is Fjorm though I did use Micaiah for the first 6 battles. It wasn't until my last battle that I realized I had managed a deathless streak (which I hadn't managed earlier in the week), so I used the extra crest and fished until I found a team worth at least 718 for my last battle.  

Good luck to both of you!!!  

Whoa finally broke 4900 in Arena. 4914 to be exact, although I'km just in Tier 18. I always seem to get my high scores when I'm 18 to19 instead of 19 to 20 lol

But yeah Fjorm sure does wonders. I was dangerously close to going down with a 4774 score so now I'm just outside the top 1000

Also wow, Raven next week. Again, the game punishes me for feeding his Brave Axe+ to Cherche :(

Well, looks like Anna returns. Which is good since her Noatun gives me more Defense wins. Still at 0 in my main, I'm gonna try and find myself in AA and just have a weaponless unit just so I have something. Not sure if I'll be successful finding myself in my other account though...

Just realized I haven't done AA yet this week.  In retrospect, I probably should have made sure to do that before Monster Hunter came out.  Guess I'll either be sneaking some battles in at work, during lunch, or in that 30 minute window between getting home from work and arena closing.

Kind of wish DST would come back to give that extra hour on Mondays.

8 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I could probably try out Tana too since she's now +2 and Guidance could be useful...

What is this “could” business? Guidance is great. Offensively it’s mostly good for mages, combine it with a Spur seal for extra fun, if you have one leveled. It’s also great for retreating, getting into a strong defensive formation (for EP units), and dropping people into forests or right over mountains.

Congrats on breaking 5k, btw!

On 28.01.2018 at 1:32 AM, Vaximillian said:

I think I’m safe now.
Screenshot_20180128-012558.png

Made myself do arena assault as well:
Screenshot_20180130-011150.png

This puts me just barely out of top 10k. Whatever. I’m only losing out on 400 feathers, two rocks, and two coins. Not a big deal.

I'm glad my team won't suffer next season from skipping the SS banner. My Peri and Hana will be happy to occupy the bonus slot.

I also find it funny that I specifically chose Hana as my upcoming core red unit for arena in part because she'd occasionally be a bonus unit, and the first season that comes up here she is as one. All according to plan.

It looks like I'll finish the week with 8 Defense Wins, which is decent.  I might make a Myrrh+Fliers Defense Team for next week, once we see who the bonus units are.

I got a score of 5004, which looks like it's still well below the cutoff for moving back to Tier 19.  Maybe if the Rachel gets demoted to 4*, I'll get enough of her to merge to +10 and replace Ursula, who's unable to merge any more for me.

In Arena Assault, I got 4988, which is 18 spots away from falling out of the 5K tier.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They were already posted last page.

Ah, didn't see that.  So I guess Cecilia's being skipped as a bonus unit now?

Weekly score report time:

• Tier 20 score of 5132 (Nowi +10 with LB+Def, Aether, DD3 Seal; Nino +10 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Adult Tiki +8 with LB+Res, Aether, Hone Spd 3 Seal; Fjorm +1 with QR3 Seal) - #1039 (/5412 to stay)
  • Arena Assault score of 5152 (Nowi +10 with LB+Def, Aether, DD3 Seal; Nino +9 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal; Adult Tiki +7 with LB+Res, Aether, Hone Spd 3 Seal; Draug +7 with Wo Dao+Def, Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1281

Between giving Draug a new merge and pulling an extra (and final) merge for Nino, as well as one for Tiki, I've officially finally depleted that huge stockpile of feathers I was sitting on. Got my AA score before merging up Nino and Tiki and didn't feel like rerunning it. Given where I'm ending up, that may or may not have cost me top 1000. I'm going to go ahead and guess not, because I came within 6 points of the score I got in regular Arena last week, which was easily top 1000 there and it wasn't even that close for AA. I'll probably need to lean harder on Draug (can be improved via Aether and three more merges), though I want to hold my feathers for the last two Tiki merges. Nowi also needs to eventually have her QR brought up to rank 3 from 2. If I'm feeling desperate/crazy, I guess I could also throw dual rallies on Nino and Nowi (Tiki and Draug already have them).

The game also has a sense of humour because I've continued to get more Sheenas at a much higher ratio than incoming Ninos. Thankfully, I'm done needing copies of her, though it would be nice to get one more for building a Cecilia down the line. In any event, it seems like the game's mocking me a bit by teasing me with enough mergeable armours to seriously consider a team, but... well, those ever-so-elusive spare Hectors for Distant Counter are conspicuously absent. Despite going hard on the legendary banner that had him. Never change, gacha.

Back to tier 19. This week was kinda rough on my team, I got only 1 defense win while using a bonus unit (Fjorm). I guess the dream team of Bike, Black Knight and Tana wasn't enough to survive the newer threats that arise in arena. 

Got kicked out of the top 5k in Arena Assault, it seems I won't get anywhere until I become able to get a 5000+ score in there because more people are starting to take the mode seriously. 

The good news is that it seems that Eirikalter scores the same as Hana when I include my usual arena core so this means I'm going to have an easier time and it'll also give me the chance to fry some Myrrhs with an Astra boosted Gleipnir!

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

What is this “could” business? Guidance is great. Offensively it’s mostly good for mages, combine it with a Spur seal for extra fun, if you have one leveled. It’s also great for retreating, getting into a strong defensive formation (for EP units), and dropping people into forests or right over mountains.

Congrats on breaking 5k, btw!

Hm... I may give it a shot then. My biggest concern is that my vanilla, neutral Fjorm (with Deflect Magic seal and Rally DEF/RES added) still doesn't get as many points as my +2 Tana. (She's running Vidofnir/Reposition/Moonbow/Fury/Desperation/Guidance/S-Seal...probably a spur). I used the Arena calculator, and I'd have to either give Tana an AOE special + a dual rally or Aether/Galeforce... I do have a spare 5 star Cordelia, but I wanted to pass on Galeforce and Brave Lance+ to someone. (And I had also been considering passing it onto Raven because he's been rocking the Heavy Blade seal and LaD even though he wouldn't be able to use the Brave Lance+...) Tana would make a great brave build, but I love her legendary weapon so much, I'm not sure I'd replace it. But she'd do really well with Galeforce too... I may be able to make the AOE + Dual Rally thing work if just to play around with Guidance.

Tier 20 --> Tier 19 (Max rewards for demoting and one defense win!)

Broke my 5k goal this week and couldn't be prouder. I suppose I need to set a new goal. Staying in tier 20 still feels unrealistic with all the inflation. The last time I stayed, I think my score was around 4925. That was a LONG time ago. Hm... I suppose I'll just try to match my AA high score. New real goal is to hit 5016. I'll play around with team composition. I'll probably try out my Raven, Merric, Adult Tiki, and Tana first. I might switch out Raven for Myrrh once I finish building her, but I actually think my Raven nets more points since he's got 4 merges.

In AA, I didn't really try. Got a score around 4920 (one or two deaths, I forget) and called it quits. It was enough to stay in the top 10k, so I was content with those rewards. XD

Season 52 (1.3.0 S37 Results:

Score: 4,990
Defense: 598

vrhsqGp.png

No changes from last week.  The conclusion of this week also marks one full year of arena seasons!  Maybe it was my lack of experience with the gacha genre, but I would have expected competition to have slowed down at this point from more casual players dropping off, but if anything it's more difficult to rank well in the arena than it's ever been.  A good sign that hopefully indicates the continued longevity of this game.

Arena Assault:

KHmZ7aI.png

Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

sVMEiN9.png

Found this guy while doing my daily AA quests.  One of those things that gets worse the longer you look at it.

Previous Season Results:

I think I'm finally leaving horse emblem territory (Barst, Zelgius, Nowi, and Brave Lucina get me anywhere from 716 to 726 and it seems 720 is the end of horse emblem for the most part). I got 5030 this morning but that was way too close to the cut off so I did another 7 matches. I had to fish a little for 720+ but it paid off. I got 5056 which is a new record!  The feather rewards bumped me over 20000 so now I'm looking at improvements for my arena core; I'm seriously thinking of making -HP +defense Barst the merge base to replace the current -HP +speed one. 42 defense and 37 speed after summoner support sounds nice and I can swap in the speed refine to get him to 40 speed if needed. One day I'll get that -HP +attack Barst. 

Arena assault was 5034. I was hoping to stay in the top 3000 but I dropped in the final day rush. Once I get a no death run I stop trying for higher scores because as far as I know, it's only possible to fish for the first score and the following ones have to be accepted as they are or the streak gets broken. The arena rewards got me to 98 sacred coins, just short of the 100 I need for the quick riposte 3 seal... I feel like if I got 20 more points in arena assault I'd get in the top 3000 for those three extra coins. This is true suffering. Oh well, I'm sure the tempest will have some as a reward so I will not have to wait until next week. Best of luck in the next season folks!

Edited by Momentai~

Offense score of 5168 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 622 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

uZoW5rG.png

Teams faced (other):

Spoiler

PM4tpMO.png

More domination from Celica, Tana, Julia, plus bonus unit Fae. I'm going to miss having Panic support the next time that core gets rotated in. Nino & Co. are finally coming back next season! I'm a little worried about dealing with Myrrh, but I've been running Brash Assault on Nino to deny Wary Fighter armors, which will also counteract Great Flame once she gets to the threshold. Here's hoping that works out.

Cut it waaaay too close in AA, 4820 points was only good enough for rank 19826. Almost paid the penalty for my laziness in not giving seals to my lead-out armour team.

In regular arena it was my off-week so I just took the horses for a lazy 4862 points to end up almost bottom of the barrel in tier 20.