Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah trying again right now since I would only have about 1 hr left before arena ends after I wake up.

It's a bit annoying when VG is on since I have a 30 minute time limit in between battles

AA is just too time-consuming when I actually try and get max points

I usually try to do my streaks as early as possible, because time pressure just adds up to frustration. 

Of course today is a zero content day, while the new stuff arrives tomorrow in addition to Arena and AA. 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually try to do AA at work on Mondays but didn't have time today. Doing it at home while I could be doing something actually entertaining is depressing. Still, got it in one attempt today so small blessings. Just the usual mediocre lead-out into 4876 points, should be safe for 20k. Demotion week for arena so yay.

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I usually try to do my streaks as early as possible, because time pressure just adds up to frustration. 

Of course today is a zero content day, while the new stuff arrives tomorrow in addition to Arena and AA. 

Thanks, I finally did it. Wings of Mercy LA Lilina took me by surprise but she could only target Elincia anyway, and her +Res nature tanked that pretty well.

I should do it earlier, but I'm too burned out by the last AA to attempt it in a few days haha

It's interesting to note the changes in team composition due to weapon upgrades.  Before, Caeda and Adult Tiki were rarely used, and now I see a lot of them as leading units in AA.  It's for good reason as well; Tiki is arguably the best physical tank in the game, and Caeda can easily sweep through the pesky armor teams that are oh-so-prevalent in AA.  There's been plenty of times where my Caeda has one-shotted Grima and Hector, who otherwise are pains to take out.

Ugh, my 5,222 in Arena Assault is now only rank 528. And I'm only one merge short of being able to field a +10 Zelgius to pad my score back up a bit.

I'm hoping I'll be able to hold onto top 700 or so for at least another few months without having to rely on blessings.

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Tiki is arguably the best physical tank in the game,

I'd argue Zelgius and maybe Myrrh hold that title.

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ugh, my 5,222 in Arena Assault is now only rank 528. And I'm only one merge short of being able to field a +10 Zelgius to pad my score back up a bit.

I'm hoping I'll be able to hold onto top 700 or so for at least another few months without having to rely on blessings.

She's in the mix, at the very least.  Even a F2P scrub like me has a Tiki with 47 base defense, which can jump to 50+ with Def Tactic, Fortify Dragons, and other good stuff.  

What's your nickname in FEH?  I'll have to look out for you at the top of AA when you get another Zelgius.

24 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

She's in the mix, at the very least.  Even a F2P scrub like me has a Tiki with 47 base defense, which can jump to 50+ with Def Tactic, Fortify Dragons, and other good stuff.  

Zelgius has the Spd to avoid most follow-up attacks, and Myrrh has Great Flame's effect, which helps tank glass cannons. Tiki's certainly up there, but I don't think she's quite at the top of the heap.

26 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

What's your nickname in FEH?  I'll have to look out for you at the top of AA when you get another Zelgius.

I use the default Japanese name of エクラ, though I run a performance-focused team instead of a score-focused team on defense.

I don't know my score range, but my defense team's lead is always +10 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, Quickened Pulse), and there's always a +10 Spring Camilla [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Iote's Shield) in one of the other slots, though skills and Sacred Seals occasionally change (for example, Camilla doesn't have Iote's Shield right now because it's on Halloween Nowi as my Voting Gauntlet rep).

The remaining two members depend on the bonus characters, but there's usually at least one other green on the team.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah trying again right now since I would only have about 1 hr left before arena ends after I wake up.

It's a bit annoying when VG is on since I have a 30 minute time limit in between battles

AA is just too time-consuming when I actually try and get max points

Some advice for that: grab the score predictor off of Reddit and figure out a time when there's not a multiplier to do your AA run. Seriously, multipliers with flags (or even without flags, really) result in such huge numbers that the 110 from a non-multiplier run is a pathetic drop in the bucket and not really worth fretting over.

Holy Naga, why do you people force me to play more AA? The competition this week is off the charts. Not feeling safe with 5096 for the top 3k? Oh boy, whatever, now I'm at 5104, so leave me be. D:

Nice lowball at the end with the minimum score, again, but, fortunately, insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

And as I have noticed, it seems to be harder for others as well, not sure what caused it this time, but I don't like where this might be going. I wonder where the thresholds will be this week. Maybe the FEH channel will also have something concerning Arena in general, who knows. Having to beat 7 dragon/armor teams with the usual shenanigans is really tedious, that's for certain.

It's earth week, which, while not as bad as water week, features a legendary infantry and legendary flier with which to bolster earth teams. At this point, we're probably only going to ever see reprieve during wind/fire as a specific combination.

Score report time for me:

• Tier 20 score of 5120 (Fjorm + 2 as bonus) - #1853 (5813)
  • Arena Assault score of 5182 - #1238

I guess this map rotation doesn't like my usual defense team. VGs typically cause my defense wins to explode, but it was a very minor explosion this time, not even hitting the defense cap. Still waiting on the game to give me another 1-4 extra Sheenas. It's not even being courteous enough to give me spare Florinas or Cecilias. The stockpile is starting to overflow a bit again and that's after dropping 12k feathers giving Hone Cav and Fury 3 to several units who have performed well enough for me in AA that I decided they deserve a bit more minmaxing. Guess I'll add another merge to Florina, but I'm also starting to run out of copies of her. Gacha, please.

27 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

A last minute run gets me a score of 4926, which is allowing me to stay in tier 20

Oh whaat. I just got into tier 20 last rotation (actually started to do it seriously and get a core) and I calculated the average score I was getting that week and I thought it wouldn't be enough so I didn't even try to do a proper arena run this week. Turns out I would of been fine if I even just did 704 (which wasn't even the highest my team could get)... oh well 

Season 62 Results:

Score: 5,088 (New Record!)
Defense: 614

dYzbYVX.png

Changes from last week:

-Hinoka got Wings of Mercy 3
-Shanna got another merge (+3 to +4)

I was fortunate and pulled a Cain off the 4* banner as my free pull, and I thought if Hinoka was going to be providing movement support to her allies, might as well get her more mobile too right?  I think it only came in to play once over the entire week, but eh, it's worth 240 SP at least.  Who knows, it might come in handy if I ever want to perform some warping, Galeforce shenanigans on some tough PvE map. 

Also, while I don't do the Hall of Fame anymore, I did find this cute team I thought was worth sharing during my main arena run:

Spoiler

pWGVWR8.png

I didn't screenshot them individually, but they were all +10 and had radically different builds.  I'm almost disappointed the Gronnblade one didn't have a Dancer's Ring or Spectral Tome. =<

Arena Assault:

MteVdAW.png

Previous Season Results:

Spoiler

Season 12: 4,678 | 284 | 25,513
Season 13: 4,740 | 0 | 19,082
Season 14: 4,794 | 289 | 6,331
Season 15: 4,820 | 576 | 15 --> 17
Season 16: 4,788 | 568 | 17 --> 16
Season 17: 4,719 | 568 | 16 --> 17
Season 18: 4,776 | 0 | 17 --> 18
Season 19: 4,780 | 0 | 18 --> 17
Season 20: 4,796 | 578 | 17 --> 18
Season 21: 4,806 | 594 | 18 --> 19
Season 22: 4,792 | 560 | 19 --> 18
Season 23: 4,836 | 288 | 18 --> 19
Season 24: 4,828 | 288 | 19 --> 20
Season 25: 4,838 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 26: 4,822 | 578 | 19 --> 20
Season 27: 4,808 | 580 | 20 -->19
Season 28: 4,792 | 580 | 19 --> 18
Season 29: 4,830 | 582 | 18 --> 19
Season 30: 4,822 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 31: 4,806 | 584 | 20 --> 19
Season 32: 4,820 | 584 | 19 --> 20
Season 33: 4,812 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 34: 4,836 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 35: 4,822 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 36: 4,838 | 578 | 19 --> 20
Season 37: 4,788 | 580 | 20 --> 19
Season 38: 4,854 | 580 | 19 --> 20
Season 39: 4,830 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 40: 4,908 | 0 | 19 --> 20
Season 41: 4,920 | 580 | 20 --> 19
Season 42: 4,922 | 580 | 19 --> 20
Season 43: 4,914 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 44: 4,966 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 45: 5,006 | 600 | 20 --> 20
Season 46: 5,016 | 600 | 20 --> 20
Season 47: 4,976 | 596 | 20 --> 19
Season 48: 4,972 | 596 | 19 --> 20
Season 49: 4,988 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 50: 4,984 | 598 | 19 --> 20
Season 51: 5012 | 604 | 20 --> 19
Season 52: 4,990 | 598 | 19 --> 20
Season 53: 4,848 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 54: 4,994 | 602 | 19 --> 20
Season 55: 5,002 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 56: 5,050 | 606 | 19 --> 20
Season 57: 5,016 | 608 | 20 --> 19
Season 58: 5,014 | 608 | 19 --> 20
Season 59: 5,052 | 608 | 20 --> 20
Season 60: 5,064 | 612 | 20 --> 20
Season 61: 5,066 | 618 | 20 --> 20

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

24 crests and a merge on Marth later, and I’m back in the fucking game:

Screenshot_20180410-000734.pngScreenshot_20180410-000840.jpg

@Charmeleonbrah: He’s the default, standard, unassuming エクラ.

Oh, nice!

Also by some miracle, I held on and went back to Tier 20! It was really close though, last I checked I was 200 places away from dropping to Tier 18

Offense score of 5186 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 632 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

b3MK6VA.png

I think I'm going to stop the "other" image. There was one interesting team that would have appeared there, though...consisting of Robin (Mystery Tactician), Robin (Seaside Tactician), Robin (Fell Vessel), and, wait for it........Robin (Fell Reincarnation) such a surprise. I hadn't seen Robin emblem before, so that was a fun match.

I ended up using Eirika as my bonus unit for both offense and defense. On offense, I went with Myrrh, Tana, and Ephraim. Despite having four 1-Range weapons (albeit with 2 DCs), it went pretty well; the team only suffered a few deaths at the very end of the season because I got sloppy. I'm not sure if I'll 1) run it for another week, 2) swap out Ephraim for L'Arachel, just to see what would happen, or 3) use Eirika as the bonus unit for one of my regular arena cores.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, ShadowGuy1 said:

Oh whaat. I just got into tier 20 last rotation (actually started to do it seriously and get a core) and I calculated the average score I was getting that week and I thought it wouldn't be enough so I didn't even try to do a proper arena run this week. Turns out I would of been fine if I even just did 704 (which wasn't even the highest my team could get)... oh well 

They meant "get into T20" not "stay in T20" given that score, so you have nothing to regret.

11 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Tiki is arguably the best physical tank in the game

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lukas would like to have a word with you two. Especially since the only weapon with effective damage on him is the 5Mt Poison Dagger which is much more rarely used than Falchions and armor slaying weapons.

42 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Lukas would like to have a word with you two. Especially since the only weapon with effective damage on him is the 5Mt Poison Dagger which is much more rarely used than Falchions and armor slaying weapons.

I would have considered Lukas for the spot if he actually had a Spd stat. Non-armors that survive a Bonfire get a second chance to hit and kill him, and axe also happens to have more armor units than other colors, not to mention many of the hardest hitting physical units in the game.

Lukas certainly has better performance than Zelgius when at weapon triangle advantage or neutral weapon triangle, but he's more vulnerable when at weapon triangle disadvantage against non-effective weaponry. He also doesn't have the ability to stack buffs quite as well as Zelgius.

Zelgius can (and does) also run Slaying Sword+ with Steady Breath and has a stronger special skill to play with than Bonfire.

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

5066 isn't good enough to stay in Tier this week.

Ugh, that's tough. 

Also my AA score of 4,050 last week was enough only for rank 4,647, so no illusions about my today's score of 5,026 being anywhere near for top 5k. 

It's just frustrating how the score varies with the exact same team and skills. 

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would have considered Lukas for the spot if he actually had a Spd stat. Non-armors that survive a Bonfire get a second chance to hit and kill him, and axe also happens to have more armor units than other colors, not to mention many of the hardest hitting physical units in the game.

Lukas certainly has better performance than Zelgius when at weapon triangle advantage or neutral weapon triangle, but he's more vulnerable when at weapon triangle disadvantage against non-effective weaponry. He also doesn't have the ability to stack buffs quite as well as Zelgius.

Zelgius can (and does) also run Slaying Sword+ with Steady Breath and has a stronger special skill to play with than Bonfire.

Damn, I just checked Zelgius's stats. I never noticed before that he has the same Def as Lukas.

I would still go with Lukas though because of how prevalent armor-effective weapons are. Plus, even if the majority of armors are green, there are a ton of extremely powerful Sword and Lance using Infantry, Cavalry, and Flying units that Lukas can deal with better.

Zelgius's advantage is that he can be a major threat on the player phase as well as the enemy phase. As far as a pure physical tank goes, my vote is for Lukas.

Took my usual water team of Olivia 4*+10, Fjorm+0, Michalis+0 and Bridelia+1 with low expectations and ground out the week's arena. After a couple of early trip-ups (Galeforce Eldigan, really?) I got a reasonably lucky streak of good scores and ended with 4932 (which is mildly surprising considering the floor was 698 per fight). Either it's enough to get back up to T20, or I get demoted because I'm not going to try to better it. Feels good to get it out of the way, and the main reason is that I have the rest of the week off and I don't want to do Arena during my precious time off-work.

Between my refining stones and existing dew, I have near enough resources to refine three legendary weapons and I'm starting to think Michalis deserves one.

35 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Gave AA another try and reached 5,044, which is more likely to stay in top 5k. 

Man, AA has been so uncooperative. I scored 5,056 somehow last week in normal arena, yet I couldn't get RNG on my side to get a streak of more than 5,036 before calling it quits for AA. I ended up dropped down to around the 5,500's in rank.

Thanks to my water blessings kicking in this week, I managed a 5,076 AA score and 5,096 in regular arena. Hopefully that might keep me in the top 5k AA and maybe even stay in tier 20 too. I'm 1,225th of 3,500 places in T20 though, so maybe that still might not be enough..