Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I hit T20 for only the second time ever this season.... seems my golden team/formula is the dargon core of Tiki (+7, +Res/-Spd Summoner support) + fGrima (+Spd/-HP) + Myrrh (+Atk/-HP). Throwing Ninian in there gets both dragon field buffs, though right now I'm running Ephraim for the arena bonus...

In the meantime I'm tryna work on finishing Tiki's +10 merge, and hopefully one day Hector will decide to stop eluding me so I can feed him to Myrrh for countering Rein and his ilk x-x Once Tiki is complete (and I can pull another Shanna smh) I can work on Grima's offense build with Life&Desp and probably Light Breath+.... completely empty on fodder for her needed skills besides LnD though unfortunately x-x

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the fuck does every fucker in the 732-736 range have a fucking Priscilla running fucking Pain+ and Savage Blow 3 ×2?

This is the most annoying piece of shit I've had to deal with yet. Suddenly a half-decent staff user is available at 3-star rarity and is on the bonus list and now every fucker is now using one. Remind me never to drop my score range below 736 again.

I guess it's high time I just field 3 copies of Elise and 1 Meistereinhardt as my defense team for next week. Fucking get my fucking revenge.

So I threw Robin out of my party and picked up my half-built Ephraim, and I didn't run into a single Priscilla afterwards. Ephraim was just a Reposition bot, though.

+10 Mystery Tiki [+Spd, -HP] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Res Ploy 3) Summoner S
+10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Distant Def 3)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Ephraim [+Atk, -Res] (Siegmund, Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Renewal 3, Threaten Def 3, Attack +3)

Arena: Tier 20

Score: 5,164 (734-742, 0 deaths)
Defense: 626 (5)

Looks like my Arena Assault score is starting to getting uncomfortably close to the cutoff again (700 is where I start to really feel uncomfortable). I suppose I'll have to reequip Rally Def/Res and Drive Def 2 soon. Quitting after the first round doesn't cost anything, after all.

+9 Zelgius [+Spd, -Res] (Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Close Def 3)
+10 Dark Hardin [+Atk, -Spd] (Gradivus, Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Quick Riposte 3)
+10 Myrrh [+Atk, -Spd] (Great Flame, Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2, Guidance 3)
+10 Dark Robin (M) [+Atk, -HP] (Expiration, Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, Bold Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Drive Def 2)

Arena Assault

Score: 5,218

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why the fuck does every fucker in the 732-736 range have a fucking Priscilla running fucking Pain+ and Savage Blow 3 ×2?

This is the most annoying piece of shit I've had to deal with yet.

Omg, yes.  So freakin' annoying! :angry:

I'm kind of surprised a ranged horse is able to be propped up enough by the other units to end up in a score ranking that high. Then again, I guess I did run into a Rein/Brave Lyn/Sigurd set at 722 last night.

Anyway, score time:

• Tier 20 score of 5074 (5* Alfonse) - #4079 (/5792)
  • Arena Assault score of 5212 - #871

Well, mid-to-highish 50XX has been looking uncomfortable lately, so I gave my Alfonse Growing Wind. Didn't seem to help much, but small sample size and all that. I might have to load the non-Fjorm Askrs up on more SP-minmax skills sometime in the near future.

Speaking of which, that Sheena +8 is already paying off. Looks like I'm going to be in the top 900, which is pretty good for me. The matches played with two armours and two dragons, without Armor March and all without any repositioning skills was kind of crazy, though. Thankfully, I just need one, but it leads to some ugliness in trying to not end up having a bad match-up with the enemy. Running a mixed team also lets my Tiki carry around Def Tactic 3, which gives more leeway against my primarily physical opponents. The funniest thing to happen, though, was probably the enemy Ayra who came charging at my Draug with his 56 Def and barely did 1/3 of his HP with Regnal Astra.

Dropping out of AA top 10k by less than a thousand ranks right before the season ends is just frustrating.

I also ran into a full horse team on a trenchless map in Arena. Forgot how stupid those were. Thankfully they aren't as common at my score range.

My steady breath+flame Siegmund Ephraim with Atk/Def smokes has been performing well thus far. Physical only teams just melt, though the positioning isn't easy to pull off on some maps.

Edited by Korath88

Dropping down to Tier 18 in my second account in the last hour. Was 700 before the cutoff just before.

guess i should properly invest in L!ike for competitive Earth seasons then although i have to either replace my merged BK or Alfonse for that but I need Alfonse for the bonus..

Well, I did as I normally do. Back to tier 19 with a score of 4972 and I managed to stay in the top 10k of AA with a score of 4982. 

The feathers from this week + TT will let me get Cordelia from +4 to +6 so we're slowly getting there. I may grind HM soon because I really need to get Sheena going too.

Season 64 Results:

Score: 5,070
Defense: 610

ZUuUEcT.png

Changes from last week:

-Shanna got another merge (+5 to +6)
-Caeda got Renewal

It looks like my Shanna merges are starting to pay off.  My initial plan this week was to allow myself to fall back to Tier 19, but when I noticed I was still within the threshold to stay on Friday with a wing-it score of 503x, I figured it was worth it to spend a few crests for the extra 1K feathers.  I was not wanting for Hinoka's Hone Fliers as I much as I would have expected, but I did miss the movement flexibility her weapon provided. :(

Reinhardt was not who I was hoping to field this week, but alas, we work with what we get.  Like most of my bonus units, he did not see much combat despite how strong he is.  In almost every situation that called for a sword user, it was easier and safer to simply let Caeda handle it.  Especially now that she has Renewal, I don't have to worry about her getting worn down by multiple axe-users anymore. 

Arena Assault:

wj9jY2a.png

Previous Season Results:

Spoiler

Season 12: 4,678 | 284 | 25,513
Season 13: 4,740 | 0 | 19,082
Season 14: 4,794 | 289 | 6,331
Season 15: 4,820 | 576 | 15 --> 17
Season 16: 4,788 | 568 | 17 --> 16
Season 17: 4,719 | 568 | 16 --> 17
Season 18: 4,776 | 0 | 17 --> 18
Season 19: 4,780 | 0 | 18 --> 17
Season 20: 4,796 | 578 | 17 --> 18
Season 21: 4,806 | 594 | 18 --> 19
Season 22: 4,792 | 560 | 19 --> 18
Season 23: 4,836 | 288 | 18 --> 19
Season 24: 4,828 | 288 | 19 --> 20
Season 25: 4,838 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 26: 4,822 | 578 | 19 --> 20
Season 27: 4,808 | 580 | 20 -->19
Season 28: 4,792 | 580 | 19 --> 18
Season 29: 4,830 | 582 | 18 --> 19
Season 30: 4,822 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 31: 4,806 | 584 | 20 --> 19
Season 32: 4,820 | 584 | 19 --> 20
Season 33: 4,812 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 34: 4,836 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 35: 4,822 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 36: 4,838 | 578 | 19 --> 20
Season 37: 4,788 | 580 | 20 --> 19
Season 38: 4,854 | 580 | 19 --> 20
Season 39: 4,830 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 40: 4,908 | 0 | 19 --> 20
Season 41: 4,920 | 580 | 20 --> 19
Season 42: 4,922 | 580 | 19 --> 20
Season 43: 4,914 | 582 | 20 --> 19
Season 44: 4,966 | 582 | 19 --> 20
Season 45: 5,006 | 600 | 20 --> 20
Season 46: 5,016 | 600 | 20 --> 20
Season 47: 4,976 | 596 | 20 --> 19
Season 48: 4,972 | 596 | 19 --> 20
Season 49: 4,988 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 50: 4,984 | 598 | 19 --> 20
Season 51: 5012 | 604 | 20 --> 19
Season 52: 4,990 | 598 | 19 --> 20
Season 53: 4,848 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 54: 4,994 | 602 | 19 --> 20
Season 55: 5,002 | 600 | 20 --> 19
Season 56: 5,050 | 606 | 19 --> 20
Season 57: 5,016 | 608 | 20 --> 19
Season 58: 5,014 | 608 | 19 --> 20
Season 59: 5,052 | 608 | 20 --> 20
Season 60: 5,064 | 612 | 20 --> 20
Season 61: 5,066 | 618 | 20 --> 20
Season 62: 5,088 | 614 | 20 --> 20
Season 63: 5,100 | 610 | 20 --> 20

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I'm kind of surprised a ranged horse is able to be propped up enough by the other units to end up in a score ranking that high. Then again, I guess I did run into a Rein/Brave Lyn/Sigurd set at 722 last night.

There's a lone Mist sitting even higher in the Arena. But unless the player has changed things up, she's still running Gravity+ and isn't on a horse, which makes her easy to deal with.

It seems my Arena Assault ranking dropped to 720. Okay. I guess it's time to bring out the dual Rallies and things again. Sigh.

Offense score of 5162 (T20) remains in T20, combining with a defense score of 632 for max rewards.

Teams faced (streak):

Spoiler

riciXQD.png

I basically just threw Ephraim on my flier core. Having Atk & Spd buffs was nice, since I'm running a -blade mage (Corrin can deal with reds with just Caeda's Fortify on her, but a little extra firepower never hurts).

I managed to stay in Tier 20 this week.  I want to say my score ended up being 5056, but I forgot to screenshot it. 

I also got more Defense wins than I've gotten in months.  Meisterhardt+Titania+Rachel+Eldigan seemed to be doing something right.

It's kind of funny...last week, I remember stressing about my score to stay in tier 20. I had to fish for a better score. Fjorm as a bonus unit + Water week is going to be the difficult week. I was kind of worried about my score of 5086 since for the past few weeks I've had 5100+. But this was more than enough to stay. I probably had at least a 1500 rank cushion, maybe more. I also got around 5 or so defense wins. 

AA was a bit of a pain. I had some bad runs earlier in the week and put off my actual run until the last minute. Ended up with 5100 exactly which was just shy of staying in the top 3k. Oh well. Still got good rewards. My Lucina got another merge, so I'm excited that she can stay on my team for a bit longer! Ephraim doesn't do much on my core team, but I can use him as a wall, and the buffs are nice if Panic Ploy isn't around.

Yay ! Back to tier 20 ! First time since... weeks... even months... The fact is : I can use my primary team since Robin is a focus.

So... 4940 points. My team got a bit of an upgrade, as you can see :

Spoiler

AgBCb52.png

So, Robin got another merge (now +5 !) and had, at last, his Quick Riposte upgraded to QR3.

Caeda got her Desperation skill upgraded to level 3 as well.

V!Ike and Robin saw their seals getting an upgrade as well. (Drive Def 3 for Robin and QR3 for V!Ike).

New week, same focus... I wonder if I can stay in this tier...

1 minute ago, Ledrert said:

Yay ! Back to tier 20 ! First time since... weeks... even months... The fact is : I can use my primary team since Robin is a focus.

So... 4940 points. My team got a bit of an upgrade, as you can see :

Reveal hidden contents

AgBCb52.png

So, Robin got another merge (now +5 !) and had, at last, his Quick Riposte upgraded to QR3.

Caeda got her Desperation skill upgraded to level 3 as well.

V!Ike and Robin saw their seals getting an upgrade as well. (Drive Def 3 for Robin and QR3 for V!Ike).

New week, same focus... I wonder if I can stay in this tier...

You will need about 5050 points to do so, so I'm going to say probably not. ;)

@Zeo I was just talking to you in the other topic (about to expect lesser Ninos in +10 arena), when I met this in AA today: 

Spoiler

All +10

ME8NrVI.jpg

aSolP4c.jpg

dcjyVfr.jpg

efqeHsc.jpg

(Btw: My team has got ~+5 merges, not the range your endgame team is aiming for). 

Edited by mampfoid

Ugh, Ephraim's score value is so low that even with double Legendary buffs he struggles to be worth 700 points. My wind team is a complete non-starter in terms of points so I went with both buff Ike and F Grima boosting both Ephraim and Myrrh. No merges whatsoever so it's a guaranteed slog for worthwhile points.

Ended up just getting the whole thing out of the way for 4920 points, which is pretty reasonable given my floor was 696. I'm not sure what kind of score will be required for T20 given it's not Fjorm week (needed 4934 to get into T20 two weeks ago), but it is Ike week. Hopefully my competitors are struggling to find bonus units as much as I have been.

Just got Arena and AA out of the way. 5,044 is ten points less in AA than last week (rank ~4,700). I don't think it'll be enough for top 5k, but I won't have the patience to do another try. 

Edited by mampfoid

Just got done with AA. My score was exactly 5k, Cordelia's merges are starting to pay off. 

I'll probably finish normal arena on Thursday, this week's maps are pretty easy and I'm not in a rush to finish it ASAP.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, Ice Dragon said:

This is the most annoying piece of shit I've had to deal with yet. Suddenly a half-decent staff user is available at 3-star rarity and is on the bonus list and now every fucker is now using one. Remind me never to drop my score range below 736 again.

I guess it's high time I just field 3 copies of Elise and 1 Meistereinhardt as my defense team for next week. Fucking get my fucking revenge.

Urgh, I find that healers are the most likely thing to screw up my run in the arena or arena assault. It's worse in maps where they can hide behind other units >.<

Robin has been a constant millstone around my neck, dragging me down into the 690s. I better have an awesome bonus unti next week to make up for this annoyance.

Tier 19, so it's down a step next week, which works for me. Some combination of bonus units got me to the 710s in AA a while back and I never want to deal with that bullshit again. Tier 18-19 is fine for me.

Edited by Nanima

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Urgh, I find that healers are the most likely thing to screw up my run in the arena or arena assault. It's worse in maps where they can hide behind other units >.<

It's okay. I will get my revenge. I always get my revenge. I'm planning on fielding both Elise and Priscilla on my defense team for the remainder of the week once I finish their builds tonight.

I'll even upgrade my Savage Blow Sacred Seal just for the occasion.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's okay. I will get my revenge. I always get my revenge. I'm planning on fielding both Elise and Priscilla on my defense team for the remainder of the week once I finish their builds tonight.

Dragons shall burn forever!!! forever!!!!

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's just mean xD 

Good luck with the wins :D And I hope some of the people who caught you out get caught in their own trap!

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo I was just talking to you in the other topic (about to expect lesser Ninos in +10 arena), when I met this in AA today: 

Hide contents

All +10

ME8NrVI.jpg

aSolP4c.jpg

dcjyVfr.jpg

efqeHsc.jpg

(Btw: My team has got ~+5 merges, not the range your endgame team is aiming for). 

That's evil and amazing at the same time. That is over 40 Ninos pulled. Jesus. I like the builds though, it's easy to just make her a Blade Tome unit but you can do a lot with her and the [DEF] Owl Tome build is strangely popular among the +10's. I'm not looking forward to that at all. I'm honestly not sure how my endgame team would deal with that.

Also your AA team is fantastic. It's nice that I finally get to see it. I likely won't reach your score area for a while as 2 of my units are ranged at the cost of BST, but I'll get there. 

I haven't done any Arena for this week yet. Just coasting along. Will get around to it later on.