Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Add me to the list of people who thought this season would bring new bonus units. XD I was very confused when I looked at my first set of matches. Shame on me because I remember checking the twitter page for the official announcement...and not seeing it. lol 

Regardless, I think I ended up spending around 15-20 crests just trying to get good matches. >.> Last week, I didn't have much trouble (with the same team), fishing for matches 730+. Granted, I needed to do 4 matches worth at least 734 to match my score from the previous two seasons. But still...the majority of the matches I was given were around 726. Thankfully, the game was kind of merciful and threw me a few 736 matches, so I managed to do a little better than last season. 

Haven't touched AA yet. XD I feel like I'm in for a world of hurt.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd sooner do Tap Battle every day rather than do AA once a week. Unfortunately, I need to do both, ugh.

Decided to be good and do my AA early this week, mainly because TT is starting on Sunday (and I normally do AA on Monday). Fortunately it was a clean run, and because I decided to lead with my water team, it means I scored over 4900 for the first time in months. I've been deliberately tanking my score a bit over the past few months because all I can aim for is top 20k, but leading out with my unmerged armour team which scores in the 4880-4890 range got me booted out last week.

4930 should be safe, and because top 10k is a ridiculously out of reach 5020-ish (which is 20+ 5-star merges I need to add), this strategy should keep me where where I want to be for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Humanoid

AA was fun this week, it took me only few tries to get a new personal high: 5,098. This won't bring me back into 5k especially in water weeks, but it's nice to have some progress.

I really recommend to build Blessing teams with good synergy, it's more fun than picking counters together on the fly. 

@Alexmender I saw a skill combination that is absolutely evil on Eirika:

Spoiler

i9pvT4B.png

p13BXBp.png

wfXnRVq.png

Yeah, that's DEF/RES link from a Bride Sanaki. On a defense team Nino will most of the times use Draw Back on Eirika, which makes it possible to buff all four stats of both units even when the other two team members are already dead. 

I was lucky to have met them on this map. With fewer space I wouldn't have been able to lure them in opposite directions. Btw: that's a +ATK +1 DB3 Reinhardt with Hone Cav. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

AA was fun this week, it took me only few tries to get a new personal high: 5,098. This won't bring me back into 5k especially in water weeks, but it's nice to have some progress.

I really recommend to build Blessing teams with good synergy, it's more fun than picking counters together on the fly. 

@Alexmender I saw a skill combination that is absolutely evil on Eirika:

Reveal hidden contents

i9pvT4B.png

p13BXBp.png

wfXnRVq.png

Yeah, that's DEF/RES link from a Bride Sanaki. On a defense team Nino will most of the times use Draw Back on Eirika, which makes it possible to buff all four stats of both units even when the other two team members are already dead. 

I was lucky to have met them on this map. With fewer space I wouldn't have been able to lure them in opposite directions. Btw: that's a +ATK +1 DB3 Reinhardt with Hone Cav. 

Phew! That looks very strong my Eirika can also survive every non Moonbow+QP Reinhardt+10, I still think Wrath is the better skill for the Player because Eirika's Atk caps at 62 withc Atk Tactic buffs, being at +10 and having a +Atk nature which is a bit low so she appreciates the extra 10 dmg Wrath offers. But for the AI Def/Res link is certainly the better skill. I wish I could've pulled a B!Sanaki back then but the gacha gods only gave me Tharja and Bridelia was too good to pass up.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Phew! That looks very strong my Eirika can also survive every non Moonbow+QP Reinhardt+10, I still think Wrath is the better skill for the Player because Eirika's Atk caps at 62 withc Atk Tactic buffs, being at +10 and having a +Atk nature which is a bit low so she appreciates the extra 10 dmg Wrath offers. But for the AI Def/Res link is certainly the better skill. I wish I could've pulled a B!Sanaki back then but the gacha gods only gave me Tharja and Bridelia was too good to pass up.

Yeah, B-Slot would occupy very good skills like Wrath. But perhaps for a special clear or for arena defense (I was like "wtf, how did they get all those buffs?") it'd be nice and surprising. Of course it's a rare and expensive skill. 

Whew, I'm really glad the bonus units aren't switching until next week because I don't have any of those built, and since next week'll be when I'm back in 19 (well assuming I make it there this week but that shouldn't be a problem) I have two weeks to hopefully pull and build Camilla (because I'm not capable of getting into tier 20 at this point anyway).

45 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Will a score of 3644 allow me to remain in tier 20? Or I need more points?

You're probably going to need more.  For reference, my 3,654 last week was less than a thousand ranks within getting booted out.  A ten point difference is pretty huge at this level.  Fish for those 730+ scores if you can.

I found a very dedicated person on my last AA match.

egR2uBG.jpg

All +10 of course, and with slightly different builds. (one even has Windsweep and Phantom Speed seal)

I uh..

Spoiler

qVrQweP.jpg

..just cheesed the shit out of him with Elise. Big T didn't even get to Armorsmash anyone today.

Alright. I did a second AA run because I noticed that optimizing Sheena's skills boosted my score like crazy. I had a score of 5,152 previously. This is what I got with optimization:

cjzY8BV.jpg

If this doesn't get me in the top 5k nothing will.

7 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I found a very dedicated person on my last AA match.

egR2uBG.jpg

All +10 of course, and with slightly different builds. (one even has Windsweep and Phantom Speed seal)

I uh..

Hide contents

qVrQweP.jpg

..just cheesed the shit out of him with Elise. Big T didn't even get to Armorsmash anyone today.

"why did I waste all that money on a celphone game"

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

"why did I waste all that money on a celphone game"

That is not waste. People who have a stable income can spend their money however they want.

I could frame things in reverse and ask why you, other free players, and minnows are not doing more to support the developers to ensure that Fire Emblem would not have the same fate as Advance Wars, but that is a dick question. It would be no different from me to ask poor people to work harder to pay their fair share of taxes and make America great again.

There is nothing wrong with spending little to no money on this game as not every fan can afford to support their favorite game series. By the same token, there is nothing wrong with spending more money on this game either for players who can afford to.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

That is not waste. People who have a stable income can spend their money however they want.

I could frame things in reverse and ask why you, other free players, and minnows are not doing more to support the developers to ensure that Fire Emblem would not have the same fate as Advance Wars, but that is a dick question. It would be no different from me to ask poor people to work harder to pay their fair share of taxes and make America great again.

There is nothing wrong with spending little to no money on this game as not every fan can afford to support their favorite game series. By the same token, there is nothing wrong with spending more money on this game either for players who can afford to.

While I'm not disagreeing, the "dick question" would've been fine.

I brought this on me, and it's alright to get some reasoning from the opposite side.

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I fought (and beat) my first ever 722 team:
Screenshot_20180715-174116.png

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180715-174133.png Screenshot_20180715-174137.png
Screenshot_20180715-174141.png Screenshot_20180715-174145.png

Cool, Panic Ploy is an odd choice for Sharena, but it might just be for points.

I just realized I've been doing Arena all week without a Seal on Cordelia.  I guess Titania's new weapon balanced it out, because I hadn't noticed until today.  I think I unequipped it when I made my new Arena team, thinking we were going to be having new bonus units this week, but forgot to put it back on when it turned out we were having the same bonus units again for some reason.

My Takumi and Tiki are going to have so much fun next season. Hope they don't switch in the next new Heroes immediately after this week.

Super awkward bonus units for me, Lyon is the only one at 5 star. Assuming fire/earth season, he fits neither in my fire team (Lilina) nor my earth one (Tiki).

Got half a mind to promote Shanna instead, as belated reward for winning that TT.