Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

9 hours ago, GinRei said:

Eirika + Blade teams are a pain in the ass.  Especially if you get stuck on the twin bridge map.  Got a double death and triple death this morning from that (first with Tharja (though what really did me in was the Swordbreaker than Eirika had), and then with Nino the second time).

I don't know, I got a similar score last week and was only just barely within top 50k (think it ended up being 49,260).  And with how much more competitive each week gets, that might not be enough.

Yeah I think you're right, 4 days left and my score of 4,114 puts me at 43,537 ATM.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team is Nowi / Lucina (Fury 3) / Anna (Fury 3) / Ninian. Don't mind the one I screenshotted here, lol.

Getting into top 1000 without any merged characters is quite satisfying, I should say.

Screenshot_20170329-194226.png

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Deathless run that very luckily never saw the twin bridge map. Mostly drew the mountain in the middle map, which gives so much time to reorganize your units.  Currently 4572 points at rank 1323. 

Edited by Eridras

Got an Offense score of 4241, but that had a few deaths.  Rank is 30,712 currently.  I'll try for a better score later in the week.

I made some stupid mistakes due to being distracted with Est while I played.

21 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Oh hey, finally got a defense win.  Priscilla for the win?

You can use a different team for your Defense Team than your main offensive Arena Team.  I'm not sure how helpful a Healer would be for your team.  AI doesn't tend to use them well.

So far, my score is 4518, the same as the season before last season. It's a pretty safe score at the moment, but I would much rather take another run now that my Lucina has Fury 3, giving her a higher BST than Eldigan. Current team is Nino / Ninian / Eldigan / Ephraim.

For me, the most difficult maps are still the two mountains and the bridge map, since they have awkward starting positions for both teams. Bridge tends to be safer unless there's a mounted mage on the enemy team--which hasn't happened at all with my BST--because of the sheer distance between both teams.

I give my condolences to those who have to work with the 140 BST Blue Cow, though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Eh, at least she's better than Azama, whose only contribution is 7 more BST. He can't even do chip damage, since equipping Pain drops his BST by a ton. The +Def buff is too reactive and comes after someone's already taken a bunch of damage and 7 HP healed rarely makes enough of a difference. Imbue's 17 can, but is hit or miss and still requires a turn to charge. Due to high Def, he can tank a hit from something physical, but he doesn't have enough HP to survive getting doubled most of the time, which is an issue when 25 Spd isn't winning any awards.

In contrast, Ursula has 3 Move and I SIed Draw Back onto her, which works extremely well. She can also murder the shit out of Eldigan or Reinhardt when it takes a couple other members of my team to do him in. She can also Res-tank a handful of things that M!Robin would get one-rounded by. Of course, this comes from the perspective of someone who has been continually screwed by the game with regards to mages. If I had a Julia, Nino, Tharja, Linde or Reinhardt, I might think differently.

Managed to get an Offensive Rating of 4512, putting me at Rank 4631. I think this is the highest rating and rank I've been, but I guess I should not hold my breath and hope to remain in the top 5k...

My team consisted of the usual - Ephraim, Erika, Ryoma, and 4* Lvl 40 Anna as my bonus character. I guess I just lucked out when dealing with enemy teams - there were some close calls, but I managed to do a Deathless streak. These characters do have some inherited skills, notable ones being Ephraim with Swordbreaker and Defiant DEF, Ryoma with Vantage, Erika with Rally DEF, and Anna with Rally SPD.

While Anna did not accomplish much on the battlefield, I think I was able to take advantage of the AI and lure them to positions more suitable for my liking. Having a bunch of Reds chase after Anna while I handle troublesome foes definitely makes it easier for me, since the other three characters can handle Reds reliably well.

I've gotten 10 defense wins already, which is about as much as the last 3 seasons combined .___.  

I haven't really changed my team up much (Ninian, Reinhardt, Ryoma (with Vantage), Julia), so I guess the bridge and lava map just make it harder for people to deal with Dancer + Reinhardt. 

Team: Sharena/Ursula/Felicia/Selena

3/28: Score: 4,088 Rank: 15,107
3/29: Score: 4,114 Rank: 28,227
3/30  Score: 4,176 Rank: 44,027

Managed to improve my score by a little bit, was hoping to get a deathless run but I lost three people which sucks, fought a lot of teams with mages in it and Felicia put in a lot of work.

Glad I did another run with Fury 3 Lucina, because I beat my personal best again! Last season, I scored 4524, but this time, I topped it off with 4550. My ranking has yet to update, but so far I have one defense win:

Team:

Nino (163)

Ninian (161)

Lucina (185)

Ephraim (176)

Total: 685

Hopefully I can break 4600 one of these days. Are armors or merges essentially required for that?

Also, screen:

Spoiler

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 hours ago, Silith13 said:

Am I the only one who changed the heroes around for SP training after getting a satisfying number total?

You"re not alone, I use the Arena as a cheaper Tower as soon as I have reached 4'001 pts. Stamina is scarce, while Arena tickets are plentiful. The april update and its 99 stamina cap can't come soon enough.

1 minute ago, chirp said:

You"re not alone, I use the Arena as a cheaper Tower as soon as I have reached 4'001 pts. Stamina is scarce, while Arena tickets are plentiful. The april update and its 99 stamina cap can't come soon enough.

I do that, plus throw in some mid-level units to grab a bit of EXP in Intermediate, and one Dueling Crest means 1 more stamina for me to use after resetting the tower with an easy battle.

Okay, that was scary. I thought I had a high enough BST to never see Kagero. I was wrong. With a full infantry team I thought my end was near. Thankfully it was a -spd kagero so my 4*anna was able to double her and ORKO before Kagero even touched my team. The rest of the team was easy. Eldigan and A!Tiki got picked off by Ephraim with support from Takumi, Effie moved too slow and was the only one left to be kited by Takumi + Roy's shove. 

Used the same team of Eldigan/F!Corrin/Minerva/Priscilla earlier today and got a deathless run.

Old score of 4461 has Rank #11308 as of now.

New Score is 4526, a new record for me. Rank #4798

The Defense score been getting scarcer for me recently, just only had one defense win last season (luckily it put me over the top). Have not gotten any so far this season, probably should switch up my defense team a bit.

Edited by ExpendableExtra
New Rank #

I tried using the arena for training once recently after getting the score I wanted. Compared to Training Tower, it's more difficulty for less training, so I don't plan on repeating that.

26 minutes ago, salinea said:

Do we know what the next bonus characters will be next arena season?

Not yet, but it's safe to assume it'll be the Spring Festival units + Michalis at the very least.

18 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Not yet, but it's safe to assume it'll be the Spring Festival units + Michalis at the very least.

Yeah I was wondering about the random rest, I thought we might know since the latest update had given us some datamined info like the next GBH map... oh well. I'll wait.

3/29/2017 - offense 4,546; rank 1,434 (1:05AM PST) [deathless]
3/30/2017 - offense 4,568; rank 1,935 (3:06PM PST) [deathless]

Team:
(all Level 40 and 5*)
+Atk/-Spd Ninian (163)
+Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 2)
neutral Sharena (177; +Threaten Spd 3)
+Def/-Spd Minerva (174; +Draconic Aura)
BST687

Using the surrender tactic to get above 650 points a match, this is my new score and rank. Had a failed run after another Ninian match-up. I really do need to understand how dancers work because I put Ryoma in range of a Nino that would get to him after a dance and Ninian didn't prioritize that.

Final Boss of this match-up was Nino, Tharja, Ninian, and Eirika. A couple or so had Fury so I faced them despite normally higher BST. It was again on the map with the breakable walls in center and sides. It's a good thing Tharja prioritized Ninian since she could double, I assume, since that's my Res tank of the team.