Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Took some effort, but finally completed a good deathless on something other than the last day of the season.

Score of 4812:

• Apr 28 2AM PST - #1435

Nino and her HP +3 Seal doing some serious work here, because I ran into two sets of Horse Emblem. Granted, they weren't particularly optimized, but it was still scary. First team had a Fred 4* +9 guarded by a Nowi, with a Cecilia 4* +10 who had an Eldigan hovering around her. Luckily, Nino had enough bulk to just kill Eldigan and body block Cecilia into fighting her (and dying, now that Eldigan was too dead to provide Hone Cavalry). Second one had a Reinhardt +3 and a Cecilia 4* +7 (but with a Gronnblade+ instead of the vanilla tome, like the +10 had). The Reinhardt had Goad Cavalry instead of Hone for whatever reason, though even if he had it, it wouldn't have mattered. My Hector cleanly one-shot Cecilia on the counterattack, then Nino leapt in to fry the exposed Reinhardt.

It's gonna be a bit before I can start upgrading stuff again, since I gotta blow 22k feathers on my new Eirika (5*, plus upgrading a 3* for her SI) but I'm seriously considering prioritizing merging Nino over Nowi (my initial plan, given that the game threw two 5* and four 4* of her at me), since it seems like Nino will end up having more trouble keeping up enemy merges (durability-wise for that potential initial bait-counter, anyway).

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And a destroyer of worlds was born:

Hide contents

SzoraGj.jpg

That's 36 / 48 / 45 / 13 / 26 when Hone Cavalry from Reinhardt is up.

My god. Your Olwen's defense is so thin! She's a very frail glass cannon!

Then I'll think of this character akin to Lon'qu, whose super high speed helps him survive because he can't be doubled. When she can retaliate, she retaliates real hard and would almost certainly activate her Desperation. But, any strong axe user will kill her. She'll do really well, I'm sure of it.

9 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The Reinhardt had Goad Cavalry instead of Hone for whatever reason, though even if he had it, it wouldn't have mattered.

Just remember that Hone Cavalry and Goad Cavalry stacks, and that Goad Cavalry is Reindhart's default C skill. I would believe the opponent wanted to make use of both of these buffs for that sweet +10 in ATK and SPD overall... (or 18+4 ATK and 6+4 SPD with Gronnblade) but... I agree that it's a bad decision when the Gronnblade user does not get the Hone buff. I'd rather keep the Raven tome if that's the case.

Edited by Lyrai

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hide contents

SzoraGj.jpg

You're running both Friege siblings? My gods.

Hone Cavalry Eldigan, Reinhardt, Brave Axe Cherche, and Azura got me a deathless run of 4788, which currently ranks 3902. With the entire weekend still to come, I'm quite certain I'll drop out of the top 5k. Still, much easier this week to get the deathless run. 

The half color stacked, half Horse Emblem team of Eldigan, Reinhardt, Sharena, and Azura have gotten 5 defenses this week, topping out at 287. 

Edited by Eridras
Stupid autocorrect.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reveal hidden contents

SzoraGj.jpg

Yep, those siblings have been doing some training :blink:

If I'd be spiteful, it wish you teams full of merged Julia's and Hectors with wings of mercy and the such :P:;):

But out of curiosity:

What are the teams/maps such a team has the most difficulties dealing with?

I wonder how long I'll be able to make placements in 10k without significant character merges:(:

For the next season I'm calling counter+vantage emblem. You must OHKO!

Edited by Skala_Bundet

I slipped my new Ike into my arena offense team alongside Hector, Sharena and Kagero. I used a few dueling swords after a number of infuriating deaths, but finally ended with a deathless run score of 4,782. 4 days left, so it should be good enough to stay in the top 10k rank, at least.

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Also, Darting Desperation Lucina + Life and Death Kagerou + Azura + Fury Reinhardt netting me six defense wins so far. Ah, how good it feels to torture other people.

That feeling when you have all those units, can give them those skills, Lucina and Azura have great IVs, but then Reinhardt is basically neutral and Kagerou is -ATK.

Also, not sure why I hadn't considered darting blow on Lucina.  Probably because mine is +SPD, but that would basically ensure she doubles everyone like 95% of the time.

Do you think with so many Distant Counter/close counter now around the tanky mages like Henry or Sophia will rule? Nino or Linde will stand a decent chance of getting killed by a melee if they don't ohko - and in many cases they don't. There is the desperation build but it's not always easy to reduce their hp just in time for the threshold.

Edited by OKigen

7 hours ago, Lyrai said:

My god. Your Olwen's defense is so thin! She's a very frail glass cannon!

Then I'll think of this character akin to Lon'qu, whose super high speed helps him survive because he can't be doubled. When she can retaliate, she retaliates real hard and would almost certainly activate her Desperation. But, any strong axe user will kill her. She'll do really well, I'm sure of it.

Just remember that Hone Cavalry and Goad Cavalry stacks, and that Goad Cavalry is Reindhart's default C skill. I would believe the opponent wanted to make use of both of these buffs for that sweet +10 in ATK and SPD overall... (or 18+4 ATK and 6+4 SPD with Gronnblade) but... I agree that it's a bad decision when the Gronnblade user does not get the Hone buff. I'd rather keep the Raven tome if that's the case.

Yeah, I'm aware, but that team didn't even deploy Hone Cavalry (Rein had Goad and Cecilia had Fortify). The other members were Nowi and Lucina. In teams that just do a pair of Horse Emblem, I find they're usually running double Hone because its benefits are much greater and since it's difficult to get the AI to stack up all the buffs, it's better to prioritize that most important one.

1 hour ago, OKigen said:

Do you think with so many Distant Counter/close counter now around the tanky mages like Henry or Sophia will rule? Nino or Linde will stand a decent chance of getting killed by a melee if they don't ohko - and in many cases they don't. There is the desperation build but it's not always easy to reduce their hp just in time for the threshold.

I'd say probably not. Building a proper Sophia is fairly expensive and, for most characters to run Distant Counter, they have to give up Fury or LaD. This reduces their damage output. This means that any of the typical nukers built with Fury will suddenly have a durability edge and it'll likely only take a Fortify to make it so they don't get one-shot (if they're not already surviving). Throw in the HP +3 Seal if you're really paranoid. I even do that with my Nino now and this means she's free to face tank a counterattack almost right off the bat and go straight into Desperation mode.

Honestly, I'm kind of excited by the prospect of people mass deploying Ryoma or Hector, because my Nowi utterly stomps Ryoma with no damage taken and Nino craps all over Hectors.

I just want to say how funny it is that I hadn't gotten any defenses yet this season, so I decided to change my team up a bit. I'd tried putting up my best units and got nothing, then tried putting my 3* Olivia with Cordelia/Bunny Camilla/Tharja and still got nothing. So switched it to my Peri/Cordelia/Tharja/Bunny Camilla last night, and I've already gotten 2 defense wins, and one was a skill-inheritance Julia somehow. Forget dance, what I needed was Peri for the job of cutting the crust off some sandwiches.

I'm certainly excited for more hectors. Not only do I have one now, which is exciting for me, but that's 1 more low movement unit I don't have to worry about and Ryoma just lol's at him.

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 hours ago, Skala_Bundet said:

If I'd be spiteful, it wish you teams full of merged Julia's and Hectors with wings of mercy and the such :P:;):

But out of curiosity:

What are the teams/maps such a team has the most difficulties dealing with?

Olwen's for my defense team, so there's not much to say for that.

My offense team really only has trouble against Reinhardt on the forest map when there's a dancer involved because the AI is much less predictable and I currently don't have a unit that can properly tank a buffed Reinhardt.

If I weren't already done for the season, I probably would've replaced Reinhardt for Olwen and switched Reposition in instead of Ardent Sacrifice to allow Cecilia to better snipe Reinhardts.

2 hours ago, OKigen said:

Distant Counter competes with Fury, Life and Death, and Triangle Adept, which many units prefer to have.

Close Counter is really only good on physically bulky ranged units with decent Spd.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Olwen's for my defense team, so there's not much to say for that.

My offense team really only has trouble against Reinhardt on the forest map when there's a dancer involved because the AI is much less predictable and I currently don't have a unit that can properly tank a buffed Reinhardt.

If I weren't already done for the season, I probably would've replaced Reinhardt for Olwen and switched Reposition in instead of Ardent Sacrifice to allow Cecilia to better snipe Reinhardts.

Distant Counter competes with Fury, Life and Death, and Triangle Adept, which many units prefer to have.

Close Counter is really only good on physically bulky ranged units with decent Spd.

@Ice Dragon do we happen to have a list of characters by stats rank somewhere? I know you maintain a spreadsheet, but I don't have a personal laptop and can't open it on my phone :(

10 minutes ago, OKigen said:

@Ice Dragon do we happen to have a list of characters by stats rank somewhere? I know you maintain a spreadsheet, but I don't have a personal laptop and can't open it on my phone :(

What exactly do you mean by "stats rank"? There are multiple ways to interpret that phrase in context.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What exactly do you mean by "stats rank"? There are multiple ways to interpret that phrase in context.

Oh sorry, by that I mean ranking of units by def/res etc from highest to lowest.

1 minute ago, OKigen said:

Oh sorry, by that I mean ranking of units by def/res etc from highest to lowest.

IDK if Ice Dragon's data accomodates (as it'd be more accurate when accounting for natures) but the Wiki has just that:

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stats_Table

3 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Ninja'd...!

On another note, has anyone found out how the new arena scoring works now? To be more specific, I'm wondering if stuff like Swordbreaker 3 will net you more points than Swordbreaker 1 or how skills with only one level like Drag Back would compare.

Edited by Otorio

7 minutes ago, Otorio said:

Ninja'd...!

On another note, has anyone found out how the new arena scoring works now? To be more specific, I'm wondering if stuff like Swordbreaker 3 will net you more points than Swordbreaker 1 or how skills with only one level like Drag Back would compare.

Thanks guys!!

Skill level does matter. I think drag back is considered as level 3 skill because I lost some points when changing drag back to WoM 2.

Edited by OKigen

5 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Thanks guys!!

Skill level does matter. I think drag back is considered as level 3 skill because I lost some points when changing drag back to WoM 2.

Trying to run Quick Riposte units for max arena score suddenly got more expensive....

Thanks for the response!

5 hours ago, GinRei said:

That feeling when you have all those units, can give them those skills, Lucina and Azura have great IVs, but then Reinhardt is basically neutral and Kagerou is -ATK.

Also, not sure why I hadn't considered darting blow on Lucina.  Probably because mine is +SPD, but that would basically ensure she doubles everyone like 95% of the time.

My Rein is basically neutral too, but my Kagerou is +Spd.

Fury or Life and Death are still better than Darting Blow on Lucina actually, generally speaking, but Darting Blow lets her one round some people like fellow Sword lords, and even Azura if Luna is up. Also, there's a slight stealth factor, when people check the stats but aren't careful about checking my skills.