Advice for choosing teams in Part 4?

Armaada J

This is my first playthrough and I'm about to start part 4. I know certain units are required for each team, but beyond that, are there any units that are suited to any particular team, or should I just try to evenly spread out my strongest units? I'm playing on Easy if that matters.

I'm a huge derp.

It's easy, use whoever. That said, you'll mostly want to use the units who are the most built up. Ike's Mercenaries tend to take a lot of the spotlight, as most of Elincia's Guard and the Dawn Brigade will be lacking in levels by and large, while most of Ike's Mercenaries won't require any babying to reach their third tier or level up that far. There's no real composition that you need to stick to for an effective team. Just make sure you have your basics. Your tank, your mage killer, your damage dealers, your healers, etc. Even if you're lacking in these areas, the game is going to toss you amazing units in part 4 to fill out whatever part of your team may be lacking. As long as each of your team has these, though, you'll be fine.

So by and large, it'd probably be a good idea to spread out your good units evenly. Just make sure you aren't overlapping classes and roles too much.

Edited by Slumber

You want flyers with Micaiah's team since there is a desert map that her team does, as to the other two use who ever you like since you should have several good units to spread around between them.

Here's a bit of a heads up:

Micaiah's Team: Flyers will be your friend since she has a desert level.

Ike's Team: While it doesn't matter too much, if you want, send a lot of your horse back(and maybe those with good defense like armor knights) units here.

Elincia's Team: Units with either high movement and/or on their feet(or in the air) are good here( for one particular map).

Other then that, sort everyone however you like(although to be fair, the Flyers with Micaiah are honestly the only really important thing here. It's mainly all up to you).

Also, here's a tip that could be useful:

While you are separate, you still all share the items in the convoy/storage. So if you put in say...the Blossom skill in the convoy/storage while with Micaiah's group, Elincia and Ike's group can pull out that item when you switch to them!

Hope that little tip helps someway! :Joshua:

Edited by Busterman64

If you're not using them, place Volug in Ike's group and Janaff/Ulki in Tibarn's group for some extra items. Having Calill in Tibarn/Elincia's group also gets you a nice base convo, but it doesn't affect gameplay at all.

2 hours ago, Busterman64 said:

While you are separate, you still all share the items in the convoy/storage. So if you put in say...the Blossom skill in the convoy/storage while with Micaiah's group, Elincia and Ike's group can pull out that item when you switch to them!

Hope that little tip helps someway! :Joshua:

Holy shit you are my hero! My strategy just started making so much more sense!

Do note you'll only be able to use the Forge on 4-2 and 4-5, the chapters with Tibarn/Elincia's group, as that's where Jorge and Daniel are. Plan out your forged weapon uses with this in mind.

As has been stated, Micaiah's route has a desert to trek through in 4-3, so fliers (especially Jill and Haar), mages and any beast Laguz you're using are a good choice for this route.

Ike's route is the kindest to your mounted units, so this is a good place for those. In addition, his route is the toughest in general, so your strong infantry units will be good here as well. I'd send Heather here, also, because 4-4 has plenty of doors and chests for her to open.

Elincia and Tibarn have the easiest route, and 4-5 is great for EXP if you're still training up any units you want to bring into the final battle, so this is a good place to send those units, with one or two of your stronger units as backup. If you're not interested in the EXP, 4-5's objective is 'Defeat Boss' anyway, so Tibarn can take care of him no problem.