Favourite Waifus and Husbandos of Awakening  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Waifu(s)

2. 2. Favourite Husbando(s)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll feel really bad if you made this one with multiple choices because I made a comment about it in the Fates one haha. Though it's great you did listen to it as totally legit criticism, even if it was meant in jest. Few people on the internet do that.

Anyway, I guess I'll explain my picks while I'm at it.

Lissa: Very good magic user and overall a fun character. Good supports with MaMU and I just enjoyed her character and design personally. Imo she could be argued as the "canon" pairing (I know there's technically none, but it's fun to think about), but a lot of characters could be argued. I think her and Lucina have the strongest arguments for them, personally. Owain also is a great character, so you get a really strong Owain with MaMUxLissa.

Cordelia: Really good physical fighter and iirc has the best growths out of all of the characters, but don't quote me on that. Her supports are really good and more unique with MaMU than the majority of the other males in the cast, revolving less around Chrom than her, plus her backstory adds a lot to her character. She also creates red head Morgan which is the best Morgan.

Basillio:

Spoiler

I think I was the most upset during the game when he "dies" because he seemed like the one character that could not die in the way he acts and appears. Also the way he speaks makes him sound invincible. When he comes back near the end to be like "syke, I'm not dead cause I'm Basillio" I was legitimately thrilled cause nothing could keep his "big black arse" down. He also has some of the better quotes which are present in the song titles such as "dry your tears love, this is not goodbye" and "don't put any stock into this destiny hogwash". May not be exact but I think that's where those titles come from, the prior foreshadowing what happens and the latter being that release of "holy crap he's back".

Not sure why people are still making these threads when it's obvious that Libra is the best waifu. Since you accidentally put her on the husbando list though, I'm gonna have to choose someone else.

When it comes to waifus my preference is towards the powerful, mature, strong-willed, slightly older types. This pretty much narrowed down my options to Flavia and Aversa since the vast majority of Awakening's female cast seems to comprise of young, optimistic, virtuous girls. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing at all wrong with that, but they just aren't my cup of tea for the most part. There's only so many times I can listen to a character gush about the virtues of rainbow friendship magic before the sweetness starts to make my teeth hurt.

Between the two of them though, I'm leaning towards Aversa. I know she's an unpopular choice due to being seen as a mindless fanservice vessel but I do think there's definitely a character underneath all that cleavage (which is more than I can say for big sis Camilla). As a naturally cynical person I find her sardonic wit pretty entertaining and it makes for a nice breast breath of fresh air from the ceaseless optimism displayed by so many other playable characters. She's definitely mean spirited for the most part, but at least she owns it and is amusing in the process. Her support chain with The Male Avatar was pretty decent too. A romance is always more satisfying when it occurs despite adversity, and to watch these two characters go from being openly hostile towards each other to eventually having a heart to heart and settling their differences was gratifying to see. This is especially pertinent for a character like Aversa, who up to this point had been characterized as cruel, manipulative and bitchy. For a person like her to let her guard down and open up to The Avatar, a man whom she held a personal vendetta against, about her insecurities made for a surprisingly satisfying resolution. It's your classic defrosting ice queen setup. And once that ice is thawed, it doesn't come back.

As a first gen unit she's pretty great... Except, by the time you get her you'll be using the gods of death known as the child characters, so you won't actually need her. Still, stack Vengeance and Lote's Shield on her and she can make a pretty good high mobility tank. She also gives you the badass looking white-haired Morgan, so that's nice.

In regards to Husbandos... Well, I'm a straight guy so I've never really given it much thought. I guess Basilio? I mean, I would be walking with a limp for sure but at least he's funny. And with him I'd be financially secure so...yeah, Basilio.

I prefer not to use the terms "waifu" and "husbando." I feel they're silly.

But my favorite female is Cordelia, as I think she's pretty, has a good personality, and is pretty relatable. Unrequited love is such a hard thing to go through, I hear you girl. You deserve better than Chrom though!

Favorite male is FREDDY! <3 I loooove Freddy so much. He's so funny and entertaining and he's just the kind of guy i would actually marry! He might be kind of overprotective and overdoing his duty sometimes, but he's polite and charming and loyal to a fault and he'll definitely always protect the lady he loves. And he's SO handsome on top of that! <3 I also think he has a pretty deep character with his softer side being brought out by characters like Henry (dat bear hug in the A support lol) and his fears and some of his background being shown by Panne.

Also, "Pick a god and pray!" = badass as fuck.

Edited by Anacybele

Olivia and Lon'qu. What can I say, I like them Feroxi.

While I certainly prefer Lon'qu over Olivia cause I like them men and not so much women, but Olivia is quite the beautiful lass and has a nice personality, and Inigo is pretty fucking awesome too.

I also like Cherche and Henry too and when I'm not marrying one of the above, they go with one of these two.

Tho I will always hate the fact that as a male I can't marry Lon'qu

Lucina is probably my favorite Awakening girl, but I wouldn't consider her a waifu because she is a child character and I don't feel comfortable marrying children let alone considering them "waifu" or "husbando" material. Unless they return in a future game as a parent like Odin and Laslow, my Nohr husbands. Oh, why can't I marry amiibo?? Sorry, don't mean to go off-topic, but my Awakening waifu is definitely Sumia. I can connect to her insecurity and kindness; she is just so precious to me. I also voted for Cordelia because I think her supports with Robin are some of the best in the game, even though I still think Sumia is the superior pegasus knight. Flying girls=best girls?

My one and only Awakening husband is Lon'qu, I just love him so much! Frederick and Henry are close, though.

6 hours ago, DarkWind said:

Because she doesn't care about anything or anyone more then money 

Hey man, nobody dissed you for liking Lissa in this topic, you don't gotta diss them for liking Anna.

I would not use the term waifu, but, in all my runs of Awakening, I have only ever picked Cordelia or Lucina (I did consider one or two others such as Cherche, but never actually picked them) for my unit to S-Support. Both of them have interesting support conversations with Robin. Though I will say each has a particular problem: Cordelia keeps talking about Chrom even after being S-supported (all it would have taken programming-wise would have been: if Cordelia is still single, she says this. Else: she says this. A simple if/else statement!) The problem with Lucina is: how old is she? She looks similar-aged to most of the first gen units, yet it is quite ambiguous (I don't mind that she's Chrom's daughter from the future; though I admit it can get weird quickly if one overthinks it).

Cordelia is the favorite. 

Actually S-ranked:  Cordelia and Miriel.  

Cherche would take precedence over Miriel these days, but Cordelia became my S-rank of choice before Cherche's became a #2 for me, and Miriel was the S-rank the first play through before I even met Cordelia [Miriel did share a VA with a "waifu" from Persona 3, Mitsuru Kirijo].   

General likes:   Cordelia, Cherche, Sumia, Tiki, Olivia, Lucina, and Miriel, not in a particular order except the first two.  

Waifus: Cordelia, Lucina

Husbandos: Chrom

The best. 

Edit: As for my opinion on the child characters... They're all around the same age as you, and really not even your children (rather they're your children from an alternate timeline that will never pass: your actual children have yet to be born), so I don't find marrying them disgusting at all. Fates on the other hand, has them be your children which you auctioned off to strangers, which is significantly more problematic. Lucina, at the very least, is a teenager: the future from which she comes from is 15 years later. At least, it should be. The American version erroneously gave the date as 10, which is a major plot hole.

Edited by Gima