Revelation Lunatic?

Tabby

After beating both Hoshido and Nohr on lunatic (classic with dlc grinding) I decided to move on to the third path. I've been playing the first two blind and know nothing of the games outside the very basics of what to expect. I've heard a lot of people say it's easy. I'm not really sure what to think, as I wouldn't even call Hoshido lunatic easy. I mean, only chapter 25 was evil, but it wasn't exactly like Awakening when once you get Morgan you're playing Park Morgan in enemy territory and let him eat people for five minutes emblem.

Since I'm a Mac user I'm unable to do the gay hack (seriously I can't figure that out) so I can't marry FeMU to Azura as I wanted, I've decided to simply either not get any child units from the two or severely postpone their marrying. If the things I heard about it not being challenging are true, then I don't mind not being S rank for a bit.

Also, are there any chapters reminiscent of Conquest? That was definitely a challenge but at the very least the last three chapters are easily exploitable. I actually figured out how to beat the endgame in two turns without taking damage and I'd love to strategize like that again. 

So basically that. I want to know what you guys thought of Revelation.  Also if anyone knows how to actually do the gay hack that'd be much appreciated. I've done the bulk of the work but am stuck at the actual rom part. Thanks!

I'd say Revelation is harder than Birthright. Mostly it's more tedious; some of the maps can take more than 20 turns to complete unless your strategy is impeccably thought out (and even then some simply can't be completed that quickly), or you're aiming to get certain treasures.

Having done both on Lunatic I want to say Rev is a bit harder early, as in your units don't do as much damage, but it never really gets a difficulty spike like BR at least tries to do. It's more gimmicky than anything later on and just tediously long, but nothing actually hard in terms of having to strategize. Nothing really reminiscent of Conquest's maps or even BR 23.

Edited by Thor Odinson

5 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Having done both on Lunatic I want to say Rev is a bit harder early, as in your units don't do as much damage, but it never really gets a difficulty spike like BR at least tries to do. It's more gimmicky than anything later on and just tediously long, but nothing actually hard in terms of having to strategize. Nothing really reminiscent of Conquest's maps or even BR 23.

First: Nice Jotaro siggy~

And that's a real shame. Do you think it would be worth it to play Lunatic Awakening first if I want to continue with more challenging runs? I have both early Awakening and Revelation (chapters 1-4 for Awakening and 6 for Revelation) completed and could potentially invest in both. I'm mostly interested in playing the one that won't end up a curb stomp.

6 hours ago, Tabby said:

First: Nice Jotaro siggy~

And that's a real shame. Do you think it would be worth it to play Lunatic Awakening first if I want to continue with more challenging runs? I have both early Awakening and Revelation (chapters 1-4 for Awakening and 6 for Revelation) completed and could potentially invest in both. I'm mostly interested in playing the one that won't end up a curb stomp.

Thanks!

Lunatic Awakening is definitely harder than Revelation---much harder in the beginning, anyway. It does suffer from "you can just have OP units roll over it really hard" starting midgame but if you go with max deploy and no Sol/Nosferatu(for defensive players) or breeding for full-team Galeforce(for offensive players) in Lunatic Awakening that can be challenging.

Edited by Thor Odinson

7 hours ago, joshcja said:

You're at Ch4 so both games are pretty much curbstomp city now tbh.

For a FE experience similar to CQ go try out the translation of FE12.

After beating the first paralogue in Awakening with relative ease, I see what you mean. >~<

4 hours ago, Bandido Banderas said:

Until you get Takumi, it's really difficult. After that, it's mostly more tedious than anything, though the difficulty does pick up in the last few chapters.

Probably doesn't help that I went through all the trouble to get the Fell Brand and all of the Endless Waves DLC items like point blank. >~<; 

I think my best bet is to see what happens in Awakening for now. Chapter 7 of Revelation didn't look too terrible either.