Should a remake of Blazing Blade happen?

Harvey

Should Blazing Blade have a remake?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. A remake of Blazing Blade?

Ok so a lot would like a remake of Blazing Blade...and honestly, I don't know why its needed since its perfect the way it is.

Sure, some additional supports can be added like how lacking Raven's supports are considering that he had a revenge plot on Hector but that didn't work out..and the same for Sain not having support with Lyn.

But besides adding more supports, what else can happen other than forcing Merlinus on your side(this being optional btw)?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It doesn't need a remake. It's fine as it is (even if I would've added Florina to Kent's marriage pool). People just want it because they like the game. It's not that good a game anyway, imo.

I mean, I love Tellius, but I don't think it needs a remake right now either. Just a re-release. They should come first anyway because they're less accessible.

I won't trust IS until I know for certain they can handle remakes, which the Gaiden remake will either restore my faith in or bury it for good.

FE7 is mostly fine as is.  There's nothing that I can think of that I'd consider a glaring flaw in it, besides making 1/3 of the game a glorified, heavy handed tutorial.

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

…besides making 1/3 of the game a glorified, heavy handed tutorial.

Yeah, if they make it disableable like Shadow Dragon's or New Mystery's I'd have nothing against a remake.

EDIT: tutorials themselves, not Lyn Mode. That one I very much like.

Edited by Vaximillian

Like everyone has said Binding Blade I would love to see released in the west, but since Blazing Sword was released world wide and is on Wii U VC which I am sure means it will be on NS VC as well I don't see any real reason to remake it.

YES!

A MILLION TIMES YES!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blazing Sword is fine as it is, it functions well, units are well balanced (Except a few magic units), stories decent and the majority of maps are well designed. But it won't hurt to remake it.

I will wait until a good 5 years and maybe IS could make a 20th anniversary edition of the game.

2 minutes ago, Rend Keaven said:

Blazing Sword is fine as it is, it functions well, units are well balanced (Except a few magic units), stories decent and the majority of maps are well designed. But it won't hurt to remake it.

I will wait until a good 5 years and maybe IS could make a 20th anniversary edition of the game.

Ok this is something I just don't get at all and the main reason why I made this post.

Why you both accept the game for what it is and then encourage a remake out of it? I mean, you can get it on the VC. 

I don't see a single reason for a remake. Blazing sword is and has always been readily available for anyone. The graphics have aged really well and there is no flaw big enough that it would require a remake to fix it. Out of all the Fe's Blazing sword is the one that least needs a remake. 

We first need to have remakes of all the Japanese exclusive games. 

You know, it doesn't look like Echoes is going to be that different from Gaiden. Just some overall rebalancing and of course, the improved visuals. So they could do the same with FE7, which would look really cool in 3D. It could also use a slightly better translation, and I would like to see them expand upon the 3 modes concept and make gaiden chapters a little more sensible. I don't see why people think it needs more supports. If anything, the Tellius games need that.

29 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Ok this is something I just don't get at all and the main reason why I made this post.

Why you both accept the game for what it is and then encourage a remake out of it? I mean, you can get it on the VC. 

Well it's not like I'm "begging" for a remake, Genealogy of the Holy War is on the top of my list remakes I want to happen. It's just that there are alot of features in the newer games that I think would have made Blazing Sword an even better FE game if they were added. Because let's be honest: FE7 isn't perfect. This includes skills, branch promotions, leveling up using master seals instead of class exclusive promotion items, more supports and FE7 was alot of western FE fans first Fire Emblem game so perhaps the newer fans that much prefer the modern game could get into the Elibe games better if it was remade.

I've seen fans who's first FE game was Awakening and once they played FE7 they couldn't get into it because they find it too archaic and slow to there perspective.

I can wait until I'm 50 for a FE7 remake but I wouldn't mind if they Intelligent Systems eventually decide to make a remake especially if the FE Echoes series games become a hit.

Edited by Rend Keaven

The only reason I could see a use of a remake (besides me actually wanting it) is to possibly get newer fans to experience the story of the older games because, let's be honest, Casual mode has kinda been quite a factor in drawing new fans easier. That and while some of us can adjust to the mechanics of some of the older games, there are others who have a very hard time of doing so. 

More or less, I guess you could say it's like Gaiden in a way. In concept, it has a lot going for it and can be enjoyed. However, it's older mechanics could make it harder for some to enjoy it, whether you're an FE veteran or not. Now while FE7 is much better and easier to get into(heck, it was the first game I played when I was a kid and it wasn't too bad...my tactics were, but still...), I've noticed how some have said that they tried to get into the series earlier(probably with FE7) and it was hard for them to adjust(especially from the older games) or they just couldn't get into it. It was only via Awakening and/or Fates when they jumped onboard without too much trouble.

Although I will say, if that game gets a remake, Binding Blade DEFINITELY needs a remake(because I can find enjoyment in that game and want to really like it, but the wonky RNG ticks me off to no end)!

(Even with a remake, I kinda would want them to stay close to the system they implemented in FE7, FE6, and FE8, but just refined a bit...and maybe have a Fire Emblem Mega Collection for the GBA games! :hat:)

Edited by Busterman64

21 minutes ago, Rend Keaven said:

Well it's not like I'm "begging" for a remake, Genealogy of the Holy War is on the top of my list remakes I want to happen.

And this is possible to happen considering that its not released in the west and Nintendo/IS themselves have interest into making a remake since the game had many features that weren't in the final release.

24 minutes ago, Rend Keaven said:

Because let's be honest: FE7 isn't perfect.

Its not perfect, but its perfect for what it is when you consider how mechanics wise its a lot more forgiving than Binding Blade. It was the first FE game to appeal to the western market. So in that sense, it worked and it did its purpose.

27 minutes ago, Rend Keaven said:

perhaps the newer fans that much prefer the modern game could get into the Elibe games better if it was remade.

The problem with this notion is that Nintendo doesn't remake games like other devs do unless it makes sense for them to do. Right now, having a remake for FE7 is pointless because you can get the game at VC and its also not that expensive unlike PoR or RD which are.

If PoR isn't possible to give a re-release on VC, then the hopes of a remake is the only option. And Nintendo will only do remakes if porting games is not possible on newer systems...however, considering how Switch is the most powerful system that Nintendo has produced by far, ports could be possible.

33 minutes ago, Rend Keaven said:

I've seen fans who's first FE game was Awakening and once they played FE7 they couldn't get into it because they find it too archaic and slow to there perspective.

I'm an Awakening fan and while I haven't touched that game in years, I enjoyed the hell out of FE7. Sure, compared to Awakening, its a step backwards but its still enjoyable for what it is since again, the mechanics wise are simpler than that of Awakening's.

No. Game is perfect the way it is. Can't think of anything substential they could add. They're IMO much more likely to mess things up than to make the remake better. 

I mean, FE7 is probably my favorite game ever, and I've played it for the first time in 2013. I really, really can't think of any, absolutely any reason for it to be remade.

Edited by Nobody

Really the only reason I'd want a remake is for these four reasons 

One Translation: fix the translation FE 7's translation is rough around the edges it contains quite a few errors it would be nice to see it polished up a bit.

Two Supports: make supports the less of a pain to get in game, their don't need to be more supports just make them less of a pain to get in game.

Three Difficulty: remove the difficulty locks and include a higher difficulty mode for all campaigns (I would love to play a Lyn actually hard mode,  and for people to stop complaining about the difficulty even though it's the hardest of the easy FE games).  There's also some errors like in the defend chapters reinforcements will stop coming which makes since in lower difficulties but would be good to add to higher ones. The requirements for 19xx could be toned down a notch but I'd be afraid that they would mess with the other Gaidens which are perfectly fine.  

Four Updates:  they could update the music, GBA music is nice and all but could be improved quite a bit, and regardless of intelligence system messing up the remake I would enjoy a remastered soundtrack for the game quite a bit.

The visuals have aged well but could still be updated it be really awesome if they didn't make it a 3-D style and chose to do it as stylized updated 2-D style so they could preserve the animations, but I wouldn't mind them going all out in 3-D.

There's also various convenience updates they could make to menus and so forth, FE 7 menus are pretty good but they're not as good as the 3DS entries and the menus are constantly improving over the games so those would definitely be nice.

Really if FE 7 gets the same treatment that they are giving to Gaiden (which looks incredibly faithful) right now I wouldn't mind a remake at all the quality-of-life updates would be awesome. 

That being said I want FE 4, 5, and 6 before any of the US released games get a remake. They need it a lot more and I would love to be able to legitimately purchase any of them.

Edited by Locke087

I'd say yes to a remake if it was a compilation with Binding Blade, and inserted mechanics like Pair Up to make things interesting. With the popularity of the parent/child thing, I'd say it could be really popular, considering there's an actual timeskip between the two rather than Fates'....*ahem*....interesting way of inserting the child characters in the story.

16 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I'd say yes to a remake if it was a compilation with Binding Blade, and inserted mechanics like Pair Up to make things interesting. With the popularity of the parent/child thing, I'd say it could be really popular, considering there's an actual timeskip between the two rather than Fates'....*ahem*....interesting way of inserting the child characters in the story.

Personally, that'd likely compromise the game - there aren't really enough characters related between the two games for it to work. You'd have to shoehorn characters in both games for it to work, which has it's fair share of issues... Also, I really don't think pair up would work in such a remake either.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Personally, that'd likely compromise the game - there aren't really enough characters related between the two games for it to work. You'd have to shoehorn characters in both games for it to work, which has it's fair share of issues... Also, I really don't think pair up would work in such a remake either.

That's not to say they can't create new characters to be born when certain people are paired. I wouldn't say they'd be shoehorned, IntSys has done well with the extra characters introduced in the Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, and with Echoes it looks like we'll be getting a host of characters that weren't in the original game.

17 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

There are a grand total of six characters (Roy, Lilina, Wolt, Sue, Lugh, and Raigh) in Binding Blade with variable parentage.  Out of like, 50-60.  On top of that Sue's father Rath only has Lyn and generic Sacaean woman for options.

Not to mention it could potentially make these six people a lot better than the others, simply because the other parent buffs them.

47 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

That's not to say they can't create new characters to be born when certain people are paired. I wouldn't say they'd be shoehorned, IntSys has done well with the extra characters introduced in the Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, and with Echoes it looks like we'll be getting a host of characters that weren't in the original game.

My main issue, which Glace pointed out, still stands, however... Only 3 characters that appear in both games, and like what, 9 units tied to FE7 characters? That ain't enough to justify a data transfer-esque thing to me. Also, I would say IS didn't do well with most of the new characters that Shadow Dragon introduced at all.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Yeah it's really not a good idea to do that  really if they wanted to do it they wouldn't add so many characters as they would retcon the crap out of existing characters you can expect everything from the 6 conically married characters being no longer so (their marriage is totally not core to the characters of Hawkeye, Batre & Karla, Pent & Loiuse, and Canas), to sudden relationships existing. This while keeping in mind that Binding Blades cast several times larger then Blazing Blade and with FE 7's low deployment rates and small maps, bloating it's roster would not be good. Also adding to FE 6 roster is also out of the question considering how bloated it already is.

Edited by Locke087