140+ Advanced Arena Battles of Advice/Experience

bluemochi

39 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

1 ranged unit is fine, but I suggest bringing a magic unit in case you run into a physical wall. A mage or manakete should work well. Maybe fuse those Ravens as well. Flier mobility is good, just watch out for Takumi.

As for team composition, try different setups and see which works best. I'd keep Catria and Eirika, and try replacing the other 2 with Lilina and Fae, and see if it works better. (Just theorycrafting here, you don't have to use them if you don't want to)

Yep, I'm definitely merging that Raven. He has high damage output and doubles-attack frequently, but dies very easily to those red swords out there. Catria is a great red killer, she's my best asset atm. Takumis are a BIG problem for me. I got Erika yesterday, she's already level 20 and works very well.

Lilina works wonders against heavy armor units, she's my favorite ranged unit right now (crazy damage). Fae... I'm still figuring out how to use her effectively.

I wanted to promote Nowi to 5 star, but my nat-5 stars arre all front liners, so I think it will be better to promote Gordin, Lilina or Merric. I lack blue mages though, I just have 3 star Odin and Robin. I have a green Nino too, also 3 star.

7 minutes ago, Pimalai said:

Yep, I'm definitely merging that Raven. He has high damage output and doubles-attack frequently, but dies very easily to those red swords out there. Catria is a great red killer, she's my best asset atm. Takumis are a BIG problem for me. I got Erika yesterday, she's already level 20 and works very well.

Lilina works wonders against heavy armor units, she's my favorite ranged unit right now (crazy damage). Fae... I'm still figuring out how to use her effectively.

I wanted to promote Nowi to 5 star, but my nat-5 stars arre all front liners, so I think it will be better to promote Gordin, Lilina or Merric. I lack blue mages though, I just have 3 star Odin and Robin. I have a green Nino too, also 3 star.

Merric (5*)and Gordin both deal bonus damage to fliers but I think Merric is a better choice for promotion here. Lilina is also a good choice as well (I plan on promoting mine after this season ends), as I rarely find the need for bonus damage against fliers.

As for manaketes, I'm not sure how to really use them effectively either as my only one is Nowi, who I never really use. I have heard good things about them though. 

30 minutes ago, Stunful said:

Im getting ready soon to try this team out. However i would really like to utilize Effie when i get her to a 5 star. What it be better to swap out the lower end Julia for her eventually?

Screenshot_2017-02-19-17-46-12.png

You are very Magic Heavy, you could get walled by a non-infantry unit with High Res.  I forget what Effie's Atk is like, but another physical would help.  I also have a strong distaste for duplicates in Arena.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You are very Magic Heavy, you could get walled by a non-infantry unit with High Res.  I forget what Effie's Atk is like, but another physical would help.  I also have a strong distaste for duplicates in Arena.

Yeah, i do enjoy all the healing the 3 magic users have though. i kinda want to phase julia out completely if i get any units i fancy. Effie has one of the highest attack ratios in the game currently. i just dont care for the limited movement. However, she can push an ally a couple spaces forward which i could use for fast kills. Even though its magic heavy, i would like to replace the greens in the current meta due to the overfill of red units. julia has amazing res however. I just have to manage distance, while the units heal each other after attacks. Linde can take care of almost all red units alone, infantry or not i would assume though.  Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Stunful

9 minutes ago, Stunful said:

Yeah, i do enjoy all the healing the 3 magic users have though. i kinda want to phase julia out completely if i get any units i fancy. Effie has one of the highest attack ratios in the game currently. i just dont care for the limited movement. However, she can push an ally a couple spaces forward which i could use for fast kills. Even though its magic heavy, i would like to replace the greens in the current meta due to the overfill of red units. julia has amazing res however. I just have to manage distance, while the units heal each other after attacks. Linde can take care of almost all red units alone, infantry or not i would assume though.  Thanks for the tip!

Even though the Meta is Red heavy, I still recommend having one Green unit the counter the Blues, which are still common enough to need a counter.  Azura and Robin show up enough that you want someone to be able to counter them, not to mention other Effies.  Merging your Julias will make her stronger, too.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Even though the Meta is Red heavy, I still recommend having one Green unit the counter the Blues, which are still common enough to need a counter.  Azura and Robin show up enough that you want someone to be able to counter them, not to mention other Effies.  Merging your Julias will make her stronger, too.

Thats what i'm leaning torwards more that you put it that way. However, i kinda want to save pushing effie until i get her to 5 stars. Ill update my list and everything after im leveled, and do a few test runs / summon more. Im pretty surprised i havent ran across summoning a decent red unit yet. 

Edited by Stunful

2 minutes ago, Stunful said:

Thats what i'm leaning torwards. However, i kinda want to save pushing effie until i get her to 5 stars. Ill update my list and everything after im leveled, and do a few test runs / summon more.

There's nothing wrong with running a 4* alongside your 5*s, especially if they work better. My first 2 5*s were Lyn and Roy, but I never use both on the same team due to redundancy.

41 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

There's nothing wrong with running a 4* alongside your 5*s, especially if they work better. My first 2 5*s were Lyn and Roy, but I never use both on the same team due to redundancy.

Yeah, I had one or two 4* on my team, until I Pulled Hector yesterday.