Team Suggestions for Final Chapter

hauteclere

I've been stuck on 9-5 Lunatic for a while, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a bit of team building advice. I've used pretty much the same team for most of the game, but I always beat 9-5 by overlevelling, which isn't possible anymore haha.

I don't mind putting the effort into grinding any of the following units, and I have around 1k feathers right now so pretty soon I can upgrade a unit from 3* to 4*. I won't be able to do any pulls any time soon, though.

Sorry about the poor photo quality!

GI9n1LP.jpgVR7yi1y.jpg

I found that the key to 9-5 is surviving Xander and killing Veronica as fast as possible. Between Abel and Shanna you should be able to get rid of Xander, but Veronica is a problem without a physical red. Cain with his Brave lance should work, I don;t know how good Corrin's offense is, but if he can ORKO Veronica, that's what you want.

From your roster, Effie should face off Xander with heals/buffs from Sakura. Veronica has very high defense 33 DEF and 49 HP, so it's pretty hard to kill her with red swords even. Tiki should fight Veronica on enemy phase then someone else like M!Corrin or Cain finish her off as Tiki will be gravely injured from Veronica's attack. Or you could train Olivia then have Tiki kill Veronica and dance Tiki out of the blue mage's range. The rest of the enemies shouldn't be too bad, but the blue mage could be difficult to approach.

As a side note, I think Raigh is good if you get his cavalry-effective tome to burn Xander as he has low resistance and the troubadour too. He could also fight Veronica as he has WTA and bulk to take a hit.

2 hours ago, autismoe said:

From your roster, Effie should face off Xander with heals/buffs from Sakura. Veronica has very high defense 33 DEF and 49 HP, so it's pretty hard to kill her with red swords even. Tiki should fight Veronica on enemy phase then someone else like M!Corrin or Cain finish her off as Tiki will be gravely injured from Veronica's attack. Or you could train Olivia then have Tiki kill Veronica and dance Tiki out of the blue mage's range. The rest of the enemies shouldn't be too bad, but the blue mage could be difficult to approach.

As a side note, I think Raigh is good if you get his cavalry-effective tome to burn Xander as he has low resistance and the troubadour too. He could also fight Veronica as he has WTA and bulk to take a hit.

I'm currently sitting on a 4*, level 39 Raigh.  That map is tough for him.  If the blue mage gets anywhere near him, he dies.  Veronica still does appreciable damage to him.

Xander collapses like a wet paper towel because Raigh's funny like that.

4 hours ago, hauteclere said:

I've been stuck on 9-5 Lunatic for a while, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a bit of team building advice. I've used pretty much the same team for most of the game, but I always beat 9-5 by overlevelling, which isn't possible anymore haha.

I don't mind putting the effort into grinding any of the following units, and I have around 1k feathers right now so pretty soon I can upgrade a unit from 3* to 4*. I won't be able to do any pulls any time soon, though.

Sorry about the poor photo quality!

GI9n1LP.jpgVR7yi1y.jpg

You seriously lack ranged units.  9-5 is absolute hell for a straight melee team (Tiki's counter doesn't count, and neither does Sakura's chip).  I think getting Tiki's Speed up to par will pay better dividends than trying to have her Res-tank things, so. . .

- Kick Sakura for Serra (you'll need to promote her to 4*), for Swift-Winds Balm and Hone Attack.
- Train Effie, and have her replace Shanna.  Yes, Effie is slow.  However, Wary Fighter means that enemy units only attack once, she can Smite people across the map, and if she gets close enough to hit something, they'll probably die
- Try to have your units die really close to the enemy, so you can use a Light's Blessing as a last-ditch move.  Do this only if at least two enemies are dead.

I think subaki is an underrated unit atm. My 3* lv 40 neutral subaki takes 0 damage from Xander (but needs an atk buff to damage xander as well). Though at least with him as tank, I can divert xander's attention and focus on the rest (just dont let veronica touch subaki)

On 2/20/2017 at 2:54 AM, PuffPuff said:

Pay to w1n.

I haven't paid any money but I have plenty of 5*s that are really good.  9-5 on Lunatic is still really difficult.

I would agree that attackers win in 9-5.  There's no point in having healers because your units will die too fast.  And tanks won't be tanky enough for the boss.

I finally beat the chapter! Ended up replacing Shanna with Corrin because he was closest to max level, and Lissa instead of Sakura to boost his attack. He 1RKO'd Veronica and then I was good to go.

Thank you guys so much for all the advice!

On 2/19/2017 at 10:54 AM, PuffPuff said:

Pay to w1n.

I can't I'm poor ;u;