• Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    • Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Fire Emblem Awakening
    • Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
    • Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
    • Fire Emblem Fates: Revalation

I put Binding Blade and Blazing Sword, though I prefer Binding Blade.  

I like the more simple gameplay, but it's not so simple that it becomes boring, see FE11.  And I like the casts.  

Also The Neverending Dream is greatness so yeah.

Genealogy of the Holy War for having a great story to tell, a number of occasions when they use the gameplay to tell that story, and Ishtar.

Sacred Stones for being a rather self-contained story, interesting options for raising units, and a fun gameplay that can spring some half-decent difficulty on occasion.

I said Gaiden and Sacred Stones.

While I love Gaiden, realistically, SS is more my favourite (Tho this will probably change when SoV comes out).

Mystery of the Emblem and Genealogy are also up there too.

Sacred Stones.

It's a game I really hold dearly into my heart and It also has my favorite cast of the series(with Lyon being my favorite character in the series and one of my favorite of all time), a well-done soundtrack, a faun and the story is overall pretty good. Plus I just love Sachiko Wada.

Edited by The Malign Knight

I mainly like all of them with the exceptions of awakening and shadow dragon. Fates conquest was far more enjoyable than awakening for me in every way and I haven't played the other routes yet. The best stories have to go to 4,5,8 and 9 though. The gba games have the best animations. These are my opinions though so yeah.

• 3 months later...

I feel very partial to blazing sword and Path of Radiance because they are generally at least competent in all mayor areas. 

I can also respect Genealogy for how different it is but because of those same reasons i can't say its among the best games. Not all gambles that game took paid off. To some extend this goes for Radiant Dawn as well.

Echoes wasn't out when the thread came out - this got bumped (but it wouldn't have been a necro because of the first page rule). FE4 is still my favorite by far. Echoes is damn good though. We'll see once the new-ness settles down of it but I think it might be my second favorite.

FE 7 and Path of Radiance. 7 I can just keep coming back to over and over, I love the trio of Lords and really the entire cast, I love the art style and snappy gameplay, and it's just such a fun time.

Path of Radiance has a hilariously slow engine, but dang if I don't love the characters, story, and overall level design. There are some really excellent ideas and changes that I think, though they've been used in different ways in later games, are still done best here. The Barracks, Bonus Experience, and split inventory (slots unique to weapons and consumables) are things that make it such a blast to play.

For me, I have three games that occupy the top spot because I find it quite hard to put one above the other. (That said, still need to play Thracia 776).

Genealogy of the Holy War: What can I say, best Fire Emblem game from a story perspective. In terms of gameplay, I personally love using fast and highly mobile units so in the Horse Emblem of the Fire Emblem games, this is my kind of game. It obviously isn't the most balanced of games as a result, but it highlights all of the aspects I like about Fire Emblem. 

Binding Blade: This game always had a bit of a mysterious and challenging aspect to it because it was the one GBA game that gave me the hardest time when I first discovered Fire Emblem. FE7 and FE8 weren't that challenging after I got used to the series, but FE6 always gave me a run for my money and before I was able to get to the end but didn't get the "good ending". Roy's growth as a lord was quite awesome to see when he finally promotes and starts one-round KO'ing Maneketes and he was my favorite character to play in Melee back in the day. 

Path of Radiance: Ike's coming of age story and the many heavy themes in the game are what highlights this game. Definitely the easiest Fire Emblem game difficulty-wise especially when I can just send Kieran, Jill, Marcia, and Titania ahead to decimate the enemy, but that's the fun of Blitzkrieg Emblem to me at least. To think that Path of Radiance touched on prejudice themes back in 2005 before all the recent IRL discussions and whatnot surrounding that is pretty cool if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sacred Stones is definitely my favorite. Loved the story, the cast, and I found it super enjoyable overall. PoR and RD have a special place in my heart for being my first two and for giving me the improbable RNG goddess that is Nephenee (I don't think others have as much luck with her as I do). Awakening is probably the one I've played most (long plane rides with my 3DS, ahoy), and I still find bits of it that make me smile.

But I find I prefer my FEs a little more old fashioned. It's why I like Echoes but couldn't get through Conquest.

• 3 weeks later...

How the hell is Thracia so much lower then FE4? Why dont people play it? Is it because of the menu's are not translated yet? 

FE 5: Thracia 776

The maps are maybe the best, kidnapping is a fun as hell mechanic. and I played his right after Conquest so seeing a lord get screwed over for his actions, map 20 something, was great both from a map and a story perspective. Cast is cool as well and it rides of the coat tails of FE4's story very well. 

Seeing awakening that much higher then other FE's and equel to PoR is kinda sad. I don't see what people see in it and it was my first FE game. 

• 3 months later...

I selected Radiant Dawn along with the 2 Jugdrall games. FE 10 was my first but I am thoroughly enjoying FE 4's story and will play FE5 after it. Also all three GBA games are very enjoyable to play though I usually only play them when I want a more easy going FE game.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I put Gaiden in for a lack of SOV

i didn't mind the stuff like huge open maps and the simple inventory system, the characters were likeable, I enjoyed choosing my classes for my initial party member, music was great, and imo the story wasn't half bad.

• 2 weeks later...