Do you use still use cable television?

BalancedPro

I don't even HAVE a TV anymore. The only thing we used it for is watching movies with the family, and game consoles (my parents were afraid of young me watching cable TV, so we never even got a cable until our high speed internet needed one.). I do all my gaming on a PC or 3ds nowadays, and most of my family has empty nested. Sometimes I want to watch a DVD, but that's what a laptop is for. When we really want to bond over a media experience, that's what movie theaters are for.

The television in this house is extremely dusty. I'll watch football on it sometimes, but even then, I usually prefer to stream. No chance of shelling out on Foxtel.

I have stopped watching TV for years... maybe 2012? 2013? I don't know really... I have lost interest in it to the point my friends who are still addicted to it may come up with topic conversations I have absolutely no clue about!

We were playing a board game called Dixit and a friend was giving us hints to guess his card, he said the name of a guy I've never heard of and I was like "Who the hell is that?" and both my friends looked at me like "YOU DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS??!!?!" Eh... no? e___e In the end, it was a presentator for a TV show they both enjoy watching, and they started talking about it for hours... I left to the bathroom... with my 3DS :') jk...

Nah, seriously, my TV is only used for my Blu-Ray and my consoles. I don't even have channels on it. But we do pay for TV since my mother is watching it as we have 2 televisions in this house, one in my room and the other in the living room (where we actually have channels on). But, even she doesn't watch that much, she also has her computer and will prefer watching stuff on Youtube and Facebook.

Edited by Neko5enpai