New Cipher Cards of Alm and Celica with Starting Cast in the Background

Hello everyone.

Here's a look at new Cipher cards of Alm and Celica. What might be more interesting at the present, however, is the fact that we can see their respective starting casts in the background. If I were to guess, we can see Kliff, Tobin, Gray and the new villager Effy on Alm's card, and Boyd, Mae and Jenny on Celica's. 

It looks beautiful ;_____;

Like I haven't been collecting Cipher cards since I don't like card games, but I want these.

Calling it now, Kliff and Effy are siblings.

Edited by Azz

49 minutes ago, Azz said:

Like I haven't been collecting Cipher cards since I don't like card games, but I want these.

I think you mean Grey and Effy

Nice. Like the look of all the villagers. Is it just me, or is May quite well-endowed? Though considering Celica isn't lacking in the card art either, that's probably just artist's interpretation. 

13 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Nice. Like the look of all the villagers. Is it just me, or is May quite well-endowed? Though considering Celica isn't lacking in the card art either, that's probably just artist's interpretation. 

Yeah I thought so too, but a part of me wants to believe it's armor, because her chest looks really odd. That being said, it does seem to be a recurring theme in Cipher artwork to give everyone a boob job anyway, so who knows.

Also, yes, Kliff seems to be the one with gray hair for some reason, so I got his name mixed up with Gray's..

Edited by Thane

41 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

I think you mean Grey and Effy

No I mean Kliff and Efi. Kliff is the one with the white hair. Grey is the one in green.

22 minutes ago, unique said:

man I have no idea what the purpose of this new character is and why they haven't explained it yet

but hey that's cool I like the art and the redesigns

Isn't it obvious? Make Alm's early game not a total sausagefest; Celica's got Boey to balance out the estrogen.

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Lol. I also threw that idea out there in the Kliff appreciation topic.

That artwork is really nice. Gray is a total cutie! Can't wait to see his official art.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Isn't it obvious? Make Alm's early game not a total sausagefest; Celica's got Boey to balance out the estrogen.

i mean yeah that's possible if they were adding a lot of new characters I could understand that but for a game that seems to be trying to stay really close to the original it seems a little odd that they'd add an entirely new character just for that

although there was that picture of a guy with black armor, so maybe they are adding multiple new characters

18 minutes ago, unique said:

i mean yeah that's possible if they were adding a lot of new characters I could understand that but for a game that seems to be trying to stay really close to the original it seems a little odd that they'd add an entirely new character just for that

although there was that picture of a guy with black armor, so maybe they are adding multiple new characters

Check the frontpage. We've got a screenshot of Alm using an Iron Sword-- which didn't exist in the original Gaiden.
I'm thinking that it's not going to be quite as faithful as a lot of people are thinking and that they've mostly just shown what hasn't changed. Not that it will be significantly different, but we've seen a fair few tweaks and additions already (the food option; a calendar on the overworld that may act as a time limit; new characters).

8 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

B-but, this is Kliff! Cliff

And this is Grey! Grey

WHY THE HAIR COLOR CHANGES IS! WHYYYYY!

You think that is bad. Have you even seen how many different hair colours Boey has?

Edited by Azz

I really like the redesign of Kliff, Gray, Mae, and Genny. But, I do like the design of this look of that new village girl in the artwork (I can tell she's on the far right next to Kliff since she looks like she has the skirt in Alm's card) since we did seen her map sprite from the Direct and also, I definitely see Kliff looks like he has the similar tie to Frederick from Awakening and Gray has a headband in his head since those weren't in the original also.

Edited by King Marth 64

3 hours ago, unique said:

Shadow Dragon and New Mystery had a bunch of new characters, changed classes and even an additional plotline

And almost no one in Gaiden had a consistent character design

1 minute ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Shadow Dragon and New Mystery had a bunch of new characters, changed classes and even an additional plotline

And almost no one in Gaiden had a consistent character design

yes but shadow dragon added a ton of stuff the newer games had

this isn't even adding the weapon triangle

plus the new characters in shadow dragon weren't even in the story, you only got them if you lost a lot of units

36 minutes ago, unique said:

yes but shadow dragon added a ton of stuff the newer games had

this isn't even adding the weapon triangle

plus the new characters in shadow dragon weren't even in the story, you only got them if you lost a lot of units

Has that yet been confirmed?

Just now, KliffIsTheOG said:

Has that yet been confirmed?

actually now that I think about it I'm not sure

i just remember people saying it when they showed the first footage because there was no indication of it

although pretty much every other fire emblem game shows some kind of indication of the weapon triangle before a battle so I feel like there's a good chance it's gone

It made sense to add the WT to Shadow Dragon because there were existing axe users who could use the boost. Gaiden only had axes being used by enemy units, so it doesn't really make sense to add it. 

It's also important to remember, that with Shadow Dragon the only new character we saw was Frey for the most part. None of the other newcomers appeared until Norne was briefly shown in a video showing off multiplayer a few weeks before release.