Hello

Heptade

Hi, everyone. I'm Heptade (real name Laurent) from Montreal, Quebec. Huge fan of all things Fire Emblem, progressive rock, David Lynch movies, literature in general, amongst other things. I'm an aspiring writer (I co-wrote a play which was performed in a professional theater in Montreal and had some moderate success, now working on my first novel), now studying to become a translator (English to French). That's pretty much it.

Sorry if my English is awkward, I usually write exclusively in French...

Anyway, nice meeting you guys!:Knoll:

(Yeah, I like Knoll. Sorry to disappoint you already.)

Knoll fans need not apologize, because he is awesome! Everyone else should apologize for not liking him! :P:

Anyway, welcome~!  Don't forget to read the rules and all~!

(end generic greeting)

I got into writing pretty much by accident. Back in high school, I won some literary contest. I didn't even choose to enter: we had to write some story as an assignment, and the teachers were sending the ones which they thought were the best. I didn't think much of it, initially, but my teacher insisted that I had some talent, and that I should make use of it. She then proceeded to scold me for being a lazy bum (well, she was kind of right about that). At the time, I saw myself mostly as a math/science guy. But as I grew older, science began to bore me, and I grew more and more interested in fiction, whether it came from novels, short stories, movies or video games. And I realised I really enjoyed writing. And so I wrote!

Thanks for the compliments on my username! (It is the title of a concept album by a French-Canadian band named Harmonium. They were apparently quite huge in Quebec back in the 70s, but pretty much unknown anywhere else in the world, though they did tour with Supertramp. Yeah, I know, explaining my username kinda breaks the magic...:KnollRoll:

Bienvenue dans la Forêt de Serenes, Heptade!

Ton Anglais est bon, il est pas du tout "awkward".

Je te souhaite de passer une bonne journée, bon courage pour ton roman et profite de ton séjour ici!

On 21/02/2017 at 4:12 AM, Ycine said:

Bienvenue dans la Forêt de Serenes, Heptade!

Ton Anglais est bon, il est pas du tout "awkward".

Je te souhaite de passer une bonne journée, bon courage pour ton roman et profite de ton séjour ici!

Merci pour l'accueil!

C'est un plaisir que de rencontrer un autre francophone ici, dans la lointaine contrée des Hérons!

Edited by Heptade