What films have you recently seen at a cinema?

ruruo

Just curious about what everyone is going to the cinemas for. 

Recently seen La La Land, and YuGiOh: Darkside of Dimensions~ Goodie bag was totally worth it. Will be going to see John Wick: Chapter 2 soon. 

I just watched the Lego Batman Movie yesterday, and it was real good. I would have liked it more if I were a bigger fan of Batman. I also saw Moana back in October/November (don't know when exactly) and that was a great movie.

Yes, I like Disney/younger/kiddish movies. Got a problem with that?

La La Land because my friends want to watch it. It's pretty good. I no longer enjoy movie any more because nowadays movies are mostly action, hero garbage with very few worthy movies for me to drag my ass to cinema to watch.

Saw Dr. Strange and Rogue One a few months back. Both were bland, forgettable, predictable movies with no compelling main characters and sloppy plots. 

I will be seeing the live action Beauty and the Beast with a group of people in a few weeks. That's going to be a terrible, terrible movie that'll do grievous harm to the original classic. Ugh. 

Just came back from watching Logan. Super sad ;~; But everything was amazing. It's the gory, badass Wolverine movie that I've always wished for.

@Leif ugh... Disney and their live action adaptions, I don't have a high expectation for it either only the hope that it might be better than it looks. 

Just got back from Kong: Skull Island

The first 1/3 of the movie is choppily edited, but it gets better as the movie goes on. Overall, it was a really fun and entertaining monster movie, and the monster fights were cool too.

Everyone on Youtube is saying the characters were bad, though. Really? I thought they were pretty good, better than most monster movie characters, at least. Definitely better than 2014 Godzilla's cast, that's for sure.

Edited by Pixelman

I watched Lego Batman twice within the past 2 weeks.  It's so good, and honestly a really good movie for those people who feel really unappreciated in their life.

And if you're a fan of the first Lego movie, you'll definitely like Lego's take on Batman.

• 4 weeks later...

For my little bro's birthday we watched Power Rangers

Eh, it was alright. Not as bad as I thought it'd be. Ranger chemistry was good (and they actually have 'attitude' too), but putting all the action at the end hampered the movie a lot I think. Zordon was alright, and Rita was cheesy. Comedy fell flat on its face for the most part.

Campfire seen was great though. The actors really gave it their all, and it shows. 

I know it's not recently, but I watched Shin Godzilla at my local cinema back in November. Absolutely loved it. The music was really good, the plot was interesting and the suspense really got me. Godzilla destroying the city left me in awe. The King of the Monsters is back again!

For now? I want to watch King Kong: Skull Island, but I'm not sure if it's being shown still. I hear it's really good and that it shows a sneak peak for the Godzilla sequel made by Legendary Pictures.

Anymore, I rarely go to the theaters except for very specific movies.  Most recently it was Rogue One (with DBox seats!), and next will probably just be a few Rifftrax Live events.

gonna see the new fast and furious in a few days, hoping that's good

apparently it's gotten decent reviews but i've never watched a fast and furious movie before

my only real knowledge of this movie or fast and furious in general is that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is one of the main characters

and so is vin diesel but that's not as important

The last one I saw was Logan, it was stellar. Best performance Jackman and Stewart have done for those characters.

I can't think of any pictures that I'm looking forward to right now, though.