Arena Duel - Season Bonus Heroes

Ryuke

Seems like its mostly whale now... OR Narcian

Unless you gotten lucky w/ Blue Odin/Blue Catria.

Is everyone going to put Narcian in their team now? Would Blue Odin/Catria be a better option?

(For all the one that dont have Renais twin, Seliph/Julia)

2 hours ago, Ryuke said:

Would Blue Odin/Catria be a better option?

Narcian was a lot easier to get from the event map, but the sword users from last focus (Marth, Lyn, Lucina, Roy) are more likely to exist on these teams and be running at 4* or 5*. Personally, I think you'll get more mileage out of running Catria or Odin over Narcian, since Narcian's more of an AntiLance than an AntiBlue (though he's still AntiBlue and could run as a fair Robin, blue Manakete or Other Odins and Catrias and the fewer but still possible Ephraims being run for the event). That's not even considering the people who are still running their Takumis from last season, that would obliterate Narcian.

I'm gonna run Narcian because I'm a masochist, but I think realistically, you'll do better running a blue.

Edited by Elieson

I'm going to run Narcian since I don't have any other of this season's heroes. At most, he's going to be bait and be used alongside Wrys to lower the overall rating of the opposition (easier Arena clears but crap feather gain).

I KNEW TRAINING NARCIAN WAS WORTH IT

I'm running a 4 flier team that's been hilariously effective so far, Caeda has fortify fliers which makes Narcian and Subaki hilariously bulky (especially with their Sapphire Lance and Emerald Axe) and Rally speed to fix up their speed a little, and Florina's just there for healing support.  Caeda's 10 levels higher than the others, but it doesn't really matter thanks to their weapons since they take no damage with WTA anyway.  It's also helping me complete the lunatic quests too, totally intentional.  

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Narcian was a lot easier to get from the event map, but the sword users from last focus (Marth, Lyn, Lucina, Roy) are more likely to exist on these teams and be running at 4* or 5*. Personally, I think you'll get more mileage out of running Catria or Odin over Narcian, since Narcian's more of an AntiLance than an AntiBlue (though he's still AntiBlue and could run as a fair Robin, blue Manakete or Other Odins and Catrias and the fewer but still possible Ephraims being run for the event). That's not even considering the people who are still running their Takumis from last season, that would obliterate Narcian.

I'm gonna run Narcian because I'm a masochist, but I think realistically, you'll do better running a blue.

You know... I am thinking the same. Like is it worth making Narcian to 4* .... that's another 2K feathers gone.

Or grind my 3* Odin from 3* to 4* ... and its another grind of 2K feathers on someone I dont want to use. But I want at least some ranking.

32 minutes ago, General Horace said:

I KNEW TRAINING NARCIAN WAS WORTH IT

I'm running a 4 flier team that's been hilariously effective so far, Caeda has fortify fliers which makes Narcian and Subaki hilariously bulky (especially with their Sapphire Lance and Emerald Axe) and Rally speed to fix up their speed a little, and Florina's just there for healing support.  Caeda's 10 levels higher than the others, but it doesn't really matter thanks to their weapons since they take no damage with WTA anyway.  It's also helping me complete the lunatic quests too, totally intentional.  

How about Takumi ? ... curious...

Yeah he's pretty brutal.  Ideally i'd run some other unit that can actually kill him but uh, yeah.  I'll probably replace Florina with Barst since he's the best thing I have for him, sadly, and Narshen and Subaki don't take damage in an advatageous state anyway.  I could also just use Jeorge but he's level 40 unlike my other units in the mid 20's.

EDIT: actually Ogma's working out better since his stats are a bit better.

Edited by General Horace

6 minutes ago, Orson said:

My only issue with the new season is that they left 3 roster slots empty instead of adding more characters.

It's reserved for Orson/Seth/Valter.

Of course.

No... I have to agree. That was kind of stupid.

Since the only bonus hero I have for this round is Narcian, the possible point totals I've gotten in all my arena runs yesterday have all been a pitiful 150-280 points per match. Has anyone else run into this change? Do the bonus units really make that much of a difference? I didn't have most of the bonus heroes from the last season, either, and I was still capable of getting 500-600 point matches.

They do, apparently. I had three of the four and accrued 630 an Advanced match. Though some people say having one is enough or more is better. It's hard to say which it is.

I'm doing a safe run with the team I'm comfortable with. Once Narcian is up Level 40 and 4*, I'll test it out in my two other runs, probably replacing Camilla if his stats are similar to hers.

Exactly how much Score do you lose by not running a Bonus Character?

I guess I'll raise up Julia.  I hate to switch up team, after I finally put one together that I like.

So should I switch out Hector out of Hector, Takumi, Baby Tiki, Abel?

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Exactly how much Score do you lose by not running a Bonus Character?

I guess I'll raise up Julia.  I hate to switch up team, after I finally put one together that I like.

So should I switch out Hector out of Hector, Takumi, Baby Tiki, Abel?

Bonus characters give a score multiplier of 2x, so you lose quite a bit by not fielding them.

I would switch out either Abel or Takumi if you're aiming for the highest possible score. Personally edging towards benching Takumi instead of Abel.

21 minutes ago, Otorio said:

Bonus characters give a score multiplier of 2x, so you lose quite a bit by not fielding them.

I would switch out either Abel or Takumi if you're aiming for the highest possible score. Personally edging towards benching Takumi instead of Abel.

That's a real shame.  It really hurts the people who can't afford to spend money on Pulls.  I'm lucky to have gotten Julia and Seliph, but there's plenty of people who don't have any.

I guess I'll try benching Takumi.  It's too bad, since he's worked so well for me.

On a related note, I just saw a +10 Julia in Arena.  Who the heck spends that much money?

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

That's a real shame.  It really hurts the people who can't afford to spend money on Pulls.  I'm lucky to have gotten Julia and Seliph, but there's plenty of people who don't have any.

I guess I'll try benching Takumi.  It's too bad, since he's worked so well for me.

On a related note, I just saw a +10 Julia in Arena.  Who the heck spends that much money?

1) Everyone has a Narcian.

2) A lot of people spend a lot of money on this game. Tatsumi Kimishima has stated that the game made $5 million within 5 days. Given that less than 5% of non asian players spend any money on these kinds of games, you can guess the average check. Asian players have no problem with P2W and are more likely to spend money on a game they like compared to non asian gaming population.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, it does seem crappy that way. At least Narcian is an out for people who are willing to put effort into training someone new to get those points, but the rest of those characters are entirely up to luck.

People who see a couple hundred dollars as pocket change are who.

16 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

People who see a couple hundred dollars as pocket change are who.

More like tens of thousands of USD or the equivalant in Yen. Just count ourselves lucky that the indian and chinese markets are untouched. Those guys spend A LOT. Mainly because of higher population and greater wealth discrepancy.

Luckily I already have a four star Narcian and Odin both around level 26 to 25 I have a lot of training to do, and just as a note Odin is a horrible unit (least at four stars) I will update again when he's about 40 but right now he is kind of a horrifically bad he's at level 25 and still only has 21 attack, he hurts almost nothing, he has defiant attack but that's the only time he actually does damage it's ridiculous. Narcian  on the other hand is perfectly decent and should sign into my team five as a lance killer which actually something I need because the major fronts to my current team (5* Marth, 4* Gordin/Narcian, 4* Sharena, 5* Kagero) are indeed Flying & Knight Lance users as Kagero can't kill them (hence Gordin's inclusion, it used to be Lyn but in the Flyers where a problem) but Narcian actually should be able to be a better counter as he can also I think challenge Effie.  

Another big thing I'm trying to debate is who the crap Odin gonna replace cause I can't replace Sharena because Kagero needs a attack buffer to oneshot Takumi (which is her entire purpose in life).  Any old Attack buffer will do, but I can't get rid of Marth because I lose my dragon bain and my best sword. Kagero is way too useful to get rid of she kills like everything on foot in one hit as long as she has a buff.  

Perhaps I could just try abusing the Narcian's savage blow as that could get me the couple points more damage I need to do the job... hmm.

Edited by Locke087

10 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Luckily I already have a four star Narcian and Odin both around level 26 to 25 I have a lot of training to do, and just as a note Odin is a horrible unit (least at four stars) I will update again when he's about 40 but right now he is kind of a horrifically bad he's at level 25 and still only has 21 attack, he hurts almost nothing, he has defiant attack but that's the only time he actually does damage it's ridiculous. Narcian  on the other hand is perfectly decent and should sign into my team five as a lance killer which actually something I need because the major fronts to my current team (5* Marth, 4* Gordin/Narcian, 4* Sharena, 5* Kagero) are indeed Flying & Knight Lance users as Kagero can't kill them (hence Gordin's inclusion, it used to be Lyn but in the Flyers where a problem) but Narcian actually should be able to be a better counter as he can also I think challenge Effie.  

Another big thing I'm trying to debate is who the crap Odin gonna replace cause I can't replace Sharena because Kagero needs a attack buffer to oneshot Takumi (which is her entire purpose in life).  Any old Attack buffer will do, but I can't get rid of Marth because I lose my dragon bain and my best sword. Kagero is way too useful to get rid of she kills like everything on foot in one hit as long as she has a buff.  

Perhaps I could just try abusing the Narcian's savage blow as that could get me the couple points more damage I need to do the job... hmm.

You are totally right. I was debating Odin or Narcian. Odin might be better for arena but isnt good in the long run. He actually sucks thus far. Fortunately ... I just pulled Ephraim moment ago.

In anycase... Odin can replace Gordin/Narcian ... or idk. Odin will really blow the Knight out of the water since ... he beats res. however. idk how strong his magic is. My Takumi killer is a 39 atk Tharja (occasionally I play defense.. but she has enough speed to one hit --- while taking a bump)

1 hour ago, Ryuke said:

You are totally right. I was debating Odin or Narcian. Odin might be better for arena but isnt good in the long run. He actually sucks thus far. Fortunately ... I just pulled Ephraim moment ago.

In anycase... Odin can replace Gordin/Narcian ... or idk. Odin will really blow the Knight out of the water since ... he beats res. however. idk how strong his magic is. My Takumi killer is a 39 atk Tharja (occasionally I play defense.. but she has enough speed to one hit --- while taking a bump)

Well replacing Narcian won't do me any good the entire point of this exercise is to get Odin and Narcian on the same team if I'm doing just one of them it is going to be Narcian as he actually slots pretty nicely into my current team. 

But yeah I hope Odin attack gets better but at the moment it's so bad that I'm not sure he can kill anything in the arena. Odin's main gimmick are that he's not super squishy for Mage therefore defiant attack will actually activate, but he mainly suppose to counter the highly uncommon red mage. Currently my only hope for sloting Odin and Narcian into my team is to abuse the ever loving crap out of Savage Blow as that should put Kagero in killing range as Odin can only replace Sharena meaning I have to live without boosts. 

I suppose there is one other solution I could put Lilina back on the team (Lilina used to take Sharena's spot) and have her replace Marth as Kagero is a good dragon counter (just not as good as Marth) the problem with that though is Hector (in all truth this is the real reason for Marth's place on the team, i have no idea if Narcian can I actually hurt him enough, he needs at least get him halfway so Lilina can finish him off). To recap the this team would be 4* Narcian, 4* Odin, 4* Lilina, 5* Kagero.

In the end no matter of the composition Odin and will add nothing to it as his niche is an incredibly rare in the arena (and I have Kagero which destroys all mages and foot unit general), and Robin and Linde severely out class him. So in the end I may be stuck just running Narcian do to how bad Odin is.

Edit: I could also just lose Kagero and make the Team 5* Marth, 5* Lyn, 4* Narcian, 4* Odin. Marth and Lyn can counter Takumi by working together and since he is no longer a bonus unit I shouldn't see as many multiples of him which is the main place where their tagteam struggles. I actually might end up going with this team now that I think about it as much as I love Kagero she needs set up to do anything.

Edited by Locke087

When the arena season changed, I had a level 39 4* Odin.  Olivia's a mainstay on my team.

I'm enjoying this season greatly.  If Donnel ever becomes a bonus character. . .tee-hee~!