Arena team Assistance

nightmorpher

So i posted this in the Ask fire emblem questions and get them answered here topic a few days ago with no luck so i decided to just make my own. Not sure if that a problem or not though but anyway 

Gotten to the point where i'm just mostly grinding through arena while letting my stamina recharge since i'm up to date on all the new quests we got this week.. The current team i'm using consist of 5* Robin (personal favorite) as takumi counter. Young tiki to counter hector/low resist units. Lucina can't really think of what she counter but she carries her weight overall.  The problem i'm having is about 8/10 games usually i end up having 4* camilla just sitting in the backline looking pretty so she doesn't get oneshot by half the meta. I'm currently debating on replacing her with Julia so i can still counter all 4 colors which i did this week but i end up having the problem where high res units are running me down.. So other choice would be F corrin since she doesn't get double by takumi and destroys all the red color units. Honorable mentions i also consider would be 4* felicia,  5* Ephraim, 4*Raven,      4* saizo, 4*Arthur and either 4* Azama or Maria. Taking multiple opinions in case i missed something. If possible though i'd like to avoid using the pegasus knight fiesta of characters i have for the same reason i can't use camilla.

final_bstSnapshot_829671.jpg

None of your suggestions.  I'd go with Olivia to replace Camilla.  Corrina (. . .I think I'll leave that typo) and Robin work extremely well together, thanks to the former's Seal Res.  If you're careful with Corrina's usage, she can seal a good chunk of the enemy team.  Yes, dual Hone Attack is redundant, but you're using Olivia for her dance.  Your team really wants Azura over Olivia, though.

How do you fare against Hector with this setup?

I would go for Julia instead of Camilla, I tend to like having 2 of each range because is easier to team up to kill other units, she also works pretty well with CorrinF, helps to kill opposing blue units like Effie, other Robins, Linde, Azura,etc.

@eclipse Easiest way for me to Deal with Hector is either with Young Tiki or Hector since they turn him into swiss cheese. I ended up choosing Lucina since 4 magic users on my team sounded like a really bad idea. That and her weapon just good on so many levels. But yeah ive never once had a problem with hector. Effie on the other hand a different story.

Edited by nightmorpher
Sorry a bit new to this still. Meant to say Lucina instead of Hector bleh.

@Roxachronc Yeah i have been enjoying Julia on my team for awhile but whenever i fight against a Calvary  or Pegasus knight with high res they end up cutting down robin and Julia with ease since i'm usually dealing with Takumi or  some other unit that requires priority. Overall i'm thinking i need to get better placing with F Corrin and enemy units and i could probably by pass that. On that note i have gone through so many blue orbs how i don't have nowi, Linde or Azura by now is kinda insane. So Olivia for now since she my only Dancer sadly.

Yo don't post twice in a row!

I'd imagine Corrin's Seal Res + Robin would do the trick for Effie, unless Corrin can't take the hit.  Or you can swap Corrin for Ephraim and Camilla for Merric, so you can deal with the influx of Narcians/Catrias this round will most likely produce.  Your team has a lot of options, so experiment away!

As much as Julia is a nuke, she conflicts with Lucina somewhat.  I guess if Nowi/Corrin are super-popular, it would make sense, but I see far more Tikis than anything.

@eclipse Yeah sorry about that i didn't mean to. But for the robin and corrin combo i was thinking i just do that but i actually like the idea of using Ephraim and Merric even if Merric  is 4*. That way i could deal with the lords. keep Lucina for Hector or Narcian and hopefully Merric can kill any blue units as needed. Only thing left to worry about Kagero and takumi but F Corrin can atleast bait them out if so. But yeah ty for the advice Eclipse. Gonna go work on leveling merric right away.

Thinking it a little more I would take out CorrinF or Robin, mainly because they both deal "Blue" Magic damage, Ephraim or Effie could go instead of CorrinF.

I recommend to focus on the unit you want to use then building from there, for example Julia+Tiki sounds fun for healing a good chunk on a turn if needed.

Somewhat agree in that Julia could conflict somewhat with Lucina, but sometimes is better to experiment since in practice some weird gimmicks and/or combinations are found, like I use my Roy to bait out Robins, inflict the -7 Def then kill with Azura, and in theory Roy should not help to deal with Robin, so yeah experiment so you can know what you are comfortable playing with.

I would give it a try to Effie/Ephraim+Julia+Robin+Lucina though, have all colors, 2 ranged and 2 close combat, 2 magic damage and 2 physical, I would try Effie first since she could work pretty good alongside Julia and help to create a choke point. 

Plenty of good suggestions in here already... At the end of the day, trial and error might be your best way to determine what works; consider burning a few DCs against Easy/Intermediate opponents while you're figuring things out. If you can afford to risk blowing some Advanced matches (given your quantity of 5* units I'm guessing you can lmao), then that's probably the best way to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. 

12 hours ago, nightmorpher said:

So i posted this in the Ask fire emblem questions and get them answered here topic a few days ago with no luck so i decided to just make my own. Not sure if that a problem or not though but anyway 

Gotten to the point where i'm just mostly grinding through arena while letting my stamina recharge since i'm up to date on all the new quests we got this week.. The current team i'm using consist of 5* Robin (personal favorite) as takumi counter. Young tiki to counter hector/low resist units. Lucina can't really think of what she counter but she carries her weight overall.  The problem i'm having is about 8/10 games usually i end up having 4* camilla just sitting in the backline looking pretty so she doesn't get oneshot by half the meta. I'm currently debating on replacing her with Julia so i can still counter all 4 colors which i did this week but i end up having the problem where high res units are running me down.. So other choice would be F corrin since she doesn't get double by takumi and destroys all the red color units. Honorable mentions i also consider would be 4* felicia,  5* Ephraim, 4*Raven,      4* saizo, 4*Arthur and either 4* Azama or Maria. Taking multiple opinions in case i missed something. If possible though i'd like to avoid using the pegasus knight fiesta of characters i have for the same reason i can't use camilla.

final_bstSnapshot_829671.jpg

My advice for you is to get rid of corrin and camilla replace with julia and effie reason i say put effie in is becuase tanks naturally have higher ratings will get you a higher score in the long run