Easy Way To Grind In The Training Tower? Getting Crystals

PuffPuff

Good luck trying to grind past LV30. Since you can't be five levels lower than the enemy (NO EXP if at this) and that the seventh stratum onward will throw teams that will always be one step ahead of you. How on earth are you supposed to get to forty when it further hinders this with the easier story maps that costs much more stamina. Erm...money.

...And points are too scarce to be able to get any crystals to level up your characters. Know of any good ways to get them without them being one time only from quests?!

Edited by PuffPuff

What i ended up doing when my units are lvl 30+ is seeing what higher level stratum i could handle without getting wrecked. If all of them were too high i would go stratum 1 and just surrender to reset them all till i  got one that within my team level range and wasn't completely sided (aka i wouldn't go into a fight with against two archers if i had two flyers and etc). Beyond that just takes a lot of patience and expect to lose a units here and there along the way since enemy units one shooting yours  are fairly common at the 8th and 9th stratum unless their armored units. 

I actually go five above until I can't. Haven't spent a single Shard or Crystal yet. If I need a high stratum reset, I train another team at a lower stratum. I treat my main team as "Jeigans" that I don't care about losing since they're not getting EXP anyways. Main focus is keeping the trainee alive and get at least a couple kills in. Patience is key.

The point is it's not supposed to be easy. The later missions take more time and effort because getting your units to level 40 is a pretty prestigious thing to achieve. It is easier when you raise at least 3 units to 40, and you want to train the 4th underleveled unit via the baby method as mentioned above.

I stuck with a single core team to clear all of the story mode's difficulties and missions (with the help of the free stamina potions and light's blessings), and that got them all to about mid-30s alone. The rest was a rather big tower grind, but they got to 40 eventually. The fact that I'm sitting on 5 x level 40 units and one more is currently on level 37 is proof of this.

As long as you have good type match-ups you can take out training maps with much higher leveled enemies. I've done Lv40 enemies with a team of Lv 25-30. All of the enemies were one color (swords) and I had 3 units who countered them hard (Brave with triagle adept/Sapphire lances).

So once you have them in the 30's just look for easy match-ups or easy maps in general, like ones with only 3 enemies, and Lv 40 maps won't be too hard.

If a good mach-up doesn't currently exist, train another team, or go to a map with a 1 stamina cost and then immediately surrender (or win really fast). When you come back, all of the enemies will have been shuffled around.

I usually just powerlvl a single character. Edit the team to whatever stratum 8/9/10 demands.
Damage the enemy and finish them of with the guy u want to lvl up. 

This way you can make 1 lvl 40 daily (I got 2 castle upgrades (3orb))

In addition to the resetting the Tower for favourable match-ups and bringing along a Jeigan, I tend to build my entire team around supporting the trainee and feeding that unit. This means bringing a 40 Robin to face tank and kill stuff as necessary, Olivia to help the trainee secure kills or with sustain, and Clarine for sustain. unless you're very confident in your team, also only select Stratums with listed levels within +/-2. The level only seems to be a kind of base and it's possible to roll enemies a bit lower (so if the listed level is already -4 to you, then it pushes them out of EXP range) or a bit higher (with enemy enhancements over level 40 still resulting in more stats or skills), the latter of which can be big trouble at the higher tiers when even enemies that will have disadvantage to the player units can bring crazy skill combos that let them stack up to 60 Atk or 40 Def/Res. Also, be very wary of Tenth Stratum. All the units there are going to be named characters with the aforementioned crazy setups. For reference: I've faced an enemy Olivia with Distant Counter whose stats were so juiced that she did 2x9 at WTD against 32-Def Robin! Another big "treat" was the 62-Atk Lilina who nearly one-shot him.

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

In terms of using a Jeigan, you do know that you can unequip your Heroes right?

Much as I'd like to, my style of "Jagen" is Pain/Poison Strike - as long as someone can do one damage to the enemy, they'll get the experience for the kill.  -Atk Azama is godly for this.

I also echo powerleveling one single character, especially in the higher stratums. However, if the type matchup is good, I would sometimes go +5 in terms of levels so I can get exp faster. For example, if I see 4 lances in an lv 35 area, I may decide to bring my lv 30 axe, provided they're a 4 or 5. 

I usually like to have Olivia, Wrys, and one of Ryoma or Takumi come babysit. I prefer to not unequip my jeigan because it could be 4 good matchups and one poor matchup and I'm not gonna, say, let my Anna hack away at a red armor and risk death when I'll give up that one bit of exp and let Takumi punt it in the face.