Heroes improvement ideas

Raven

Here's a few. Maybe you've heard them be mentioned before elsewhere, but whatever:

Introduce Reaver weapons: The strategic pool would be made that little bit deeper since a sword user's Lancereaver would act like an axe when attacking lances (as the name implies), but also act like a lance when up against axes. They could also further deepen this by having it reverse the weapon triangle against only physical variants (swords, axes, lances) so that a red Lancereaver wielder will stay weak against blue magic/stones and strong against green magic/stones. Or they could be somewhat boring and just have Reavers reverse the triangle against all weapon types, not just physical.

Buy Orbs using My Nintendo Points: At the moment, we can buy 500 Universal Crystals, 500 Universal Shards, 1xStamina Potion, 1xLight's Blessing, or 1xDueling Crest for 100 Points each. Whether you're F2P or P2P/W, we'd all like more orbs to do more pulls. 1x orb for 100 Points sound fair?

Increase Stamina cap to 100: Maybe not for free, either. I for one would use Orbs to increase the Stamina cap, like we have done to increase our EXP gains through castle upgrades. Sometimes you simply can't get online every 4 hours and 10 minutes to use your Stamina before it caps out and starts to overflow. Most of us sleep for at least 6-8 hours a day, right? The cap could be raised to 60 Stamina for 1 Orb. 70 for 2 Orbs, up to 5 orbs for 100 Stamina (15 Orbs total cost).

Maybe I'll write more later. What (reasonable) ideas would you like to see implemented?

23 minutes ago, Raven said:

Buy Orbs using My Nintendo Points: At the moment, we can buy 500 Universal Crystals, 500 Universal Shards, 1xStamina Potion, 1xLight's Blessing, or 1xDueling Crest for 100 Points each. Whether you're F2P or P2P/W, we'd all like more orbs to do more pulls. 1x orb for 100 Points sound fair?

they're never going to do this

although if the orb quests are every week I think that'd be a good way of handling the whole thing, that'd give us 20 orbs a week plus whatever bonuses there might be like new chapters or special maps

i'd like them to do that, please have orb quests every week

48 minutes ago, Raven said:

Introduce Reaver weapons: The strategic pool would be made that little bit deeper since a sword user's Lancereaver would act like an axe when attacking lances (as the name implies), but also act like a lance when up against axes. They could also further deepen this by having it reverse the weapon triangle against only physical variants (swords, axes, lances) so that a red Lancereaver wielder will stay weak against blue magic/stones and strong against green magic/stones. Or they could be somewhat boring and just have Reavers reverse the triangle against all weapon types, not just physical.

They'd probably just use dual weapons. From what I can tell those were named and designed the way they were to not be confusing - because of the expanded weapon triangle in Fates. Heroes has a similarly expanded weapon triangle so "dual axe/lance/sword" is likely, imo. 

Improve the rate boost for 5* after 5 failed summons. Instead of .5% make it a full 1% maybe even 2%.

It's already so low and the fact that you rarely get the 5* that you actually want, it would be nice to just get more of them in general. Sure they want people to buy orbs to summon more to get their 5* units but increasing the odds isn't going to lessen the amount of money spent on the game. It would only make it more enjoyable and possibly increase the chance of people spending money.

There should be no 5* only skills and weapons. 5* heroes already start with their best weapons and have much better stats. the 3* and 4* should be able to get all of the upgrades.

Just make the SP requirements really high.

Speaking of SP, there should be something to spend it on after unlocking all your skills. Possibly 100SP to raise a hero to +1. 200SP to go from +1 to +2. 300SP to go from +2 to +3, and so on. That would be 5500SP to completely max out a character so it's not like it would be extremely easy so you would still want to get duplicates.

Edited by Hawk King

My biggest issue at the moment are related to feathers. At the moment, as someone who already got a full team of 5* from summoning, it just doesn't seem worth it to spend weeks gathering feathers to promote 1 unit to 5*, while I could have promoted at least 10 units to 4* in that time frame. 20000 feathers is just too high IMO, especially with heroes like Adult Tiki who only gets 5 more Might to her weapon and an additional Res point to her Spur Res. 

I'd like it if they either lowered the cost of promoting or added more ways to farm feathers.

I'd also appreciate a method to make farming SP points at level 40 easier. My 5* Lyn is still 100 points shy of getting Spur Spd 3 because of how costly her locked abilities were and that's despite getting 120 SP from merging her with another 5* Lyn. 

I'd appreciate bigger maps to be honest. I can also see variant arts happening, but the problem with that is, it wouldn't just be a costume/uniform you could just switch to, I could imagine they would make it a different unit all together, making you spend orbs chasing it. Or how about Axe wielders be able to destroy trees in a tile, so others can have an easy path, rather than spend 2 actions to get past a damned tree -_-.

Having mounted units go past trees would be nice... I can't tell you how many times I wanted my mounted unit go do something, only to realize they can not get past the tree...

Ways to get Heroes from all parts of the franchise other than Focus heroes... It's annoying when your favorite franchise is either not represented at all or locked behind one... I'm a big fan of Geneology, but the only chances to get any representatives from there are Focus Heroes...

Keeping level and appropriate stats upon promoting somehow... I like and dread promoting as it is now because improved stats and skills are nice, but grinding to where you were is not... Particularly bad if you decided to level up past 20, due to lack of resources to promote (mainly a problem with  4* to 5*)

An event for stamina reduction for story chapters... The stamina cap has already been mentioned as an issue, but it's particularly bad on Lunatic. Two maps can eat your entire stamina bar... And using orbs for that isn't too much of an option if your only way of healing is Light's Blessing...

On that note, more story maps. The story itself is incomplete, and fairly short. I have a feeling we'll be getting more of these, since playing on normal mode only requires you to be at level 25 and four stars for the final mission, but I'm just wondering when.

Terrain Bonuses. I'd like it if Mounts could traverse across forests, but got bonuses on flatlands, while infantry get bonuses on the latter and fliers get bonuses on mountains (though over water...idk)

I'll just bring over the response I had from a similar thread.

Well, definitely lower the feather count to get to 5*. 20,000 is ridiculous. Either change that or have more special events like the retweet event. Other than that, just continue to keep adding story chapters and characters. Though personally, I wish they'd keep doing two banners and split the pool between them, so you get a greater chance of getting one you want.

Oh, and something else that just came to mind. When summoning, I think the Focus % should keep going up until you get one. I hate that it goes down when you get any 5*, even if it's not a focus. Seriously, I don't know how long I've been trying to get Eirika, but the Red Orbs have just giving me two 5* Corrins, and 5* Lilina. It's kind of infuriating to know that any 5* resets both percentages. Reset the 5*% one if you want, but the Focus percentage should stay up.

I would LOVE to be able to trade inventory items for a certain quantity of feathers-- namely, the thing that everyone has too much of: crests. We will never have a proportional amount of feathers to the number of crests we have, so the ability to sell inventory items in exchange for feathers would be nice, even if it was an exchange rate of something as little as 1 small crest = 1 feather / 1 large crest = 5 feathers. Maybe same for crystals and the like if people decide they REALLY want to exchange those.

Edited by BANRYU

Faster Feather earn rate. The high number is fine, just need a few more ways to chip at our total.

Make sure that there is a trickle of free orbs coming in every week.

Reaver weapons would be nice.

Something to fix stamina. At least a way to slowly upgrade it.

Outside of that I don't really have any complaints.

Make feathers as available as dirt. Like, the heart conversations at the castle and friend visits should give from 500 to 1000 feathers. That would make the friend list mean something and the feather gains wouldn't be a pathetic 5. The arena gains are alright but they could increase the feather count as well. I also like the daily charity orbs, they should totally stay as well as making orb special maps frequently. I get that orbs should be rare because this game is pay2win but they should have a little mercy. And one that I would love is to make separated pools for characters, with none of them sharing characters. Praying on a 3.25% chance to get the character you want is ridiculous, considering this game also has IV nonsense. As for pay2win, I would love to see a rebalancing of the orb sales. The minimum orb count to do a full summon is 15, and they sell less than that for too much money and more than 15 is Paris expensive. And how great that you finally bought the orbs necessary only to pull 3 rank 3 Hinatas that suck donkey butt. So much for your wallet. I personally don't pay for orbs because it's too expensive for me, but if they sold orbs in more quantities for lower prices I wouldn't mind pulling rank 3s worth my money. And I know this a gacha game and there are worse, but just because other gacha system suck balls doesn't mean this one should, and just because other people buy orbs doesn't mean I will.

Edited by L9999

I do think the daily free orbs is a feature that should be kept and not just a limited release event. Otherwise, only whales will remain and they'll lose the money they could have gotten from people ready to occasionally spend if characters they like are in the focus.

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I do think the daily free orbs is a feature that should be kept and not just a limited release event. Otherwise, only whales will remain and they'll lose the money they could have gotten from people ready to occasionally spend if characters they like are in the focus.

They could get some money from me right now if orbs weren't so damn expensive.

Editing teams while on the battle screen. Right before you enter the map, it asks you if you want to edit your team and then on the edit team page it'll list the colors/weapons on top. That way, you're not having to remember what colors/weapons you need and go through two screens to enter the map you want.

Lowering Orb price Probably will not happen.

I'd agree on the trickle of free Orbs. The monetization is from incentivizing people to get what they want quicker. Getting an Orb or two a day is waiting 10 days of optimal summoning--and not even getting what you want. Other games where you earn that currency through quests have a similar practice and think that's acceptable.

High feather rewards or lower feather costs. One or the other, preferably both.

A lot of Assists with fixed numerical effects don't stay effective at high levels, which could be addressed by making more powerful upgraded versions of Rally skills and certain heals. If weapons, special attacks, and most passive skills can have multiple upgrade levels, there's not much reason for Rally skills to only have one and for a lot of healers to not get a heal powerful enough to be meaningful later in the game.

5 hours ago, Raven said:

They could get some money from me right now if orbs weren't so damn expensive.

Me too. I have a disposable income (however small), and I am more than willing to drop some dinero on things I like. However, there has gotta be a cost/value balance that isn't so skewed towards "whales."

Honestly, I don't see any point in Reaver weapons in this game, because everyone is locked to only one weapon and color. Reaver weapons are good in actual FE games where one unit can wield more than one type of weapon, and can switch weapons on the fly to deal with different situations. The triangle may be reversed, but the way you deal with it is exactly the same. Though, it could be interesting if equipping the Reaver completely changed your color instead of changing how the triangle works, which gives you a choice of switching to the Reaver or not.

The way you can upgrade the castle with orbs..you should be able to do that with stamina at the very least. I think they should make it so your account can level up through achievements and what not and as you level you gain rewards such as more stamina or feathers or orbs etc..

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Honestly, I don't see any point in Reaver weapons in this game, because everyone is locked to only one weapon and color. Reaver weapons are good in actual FE games where one unit can wield more than one type of weapon, and can switch weapons on the fly to deal with different situations. The triangle may be reversed, but the way you deal with it is exactly the same. Though, it could be interesting if equipping the Reaver completely changed your color instead of changing how the triangle works, which gives you a choice of switching to the Reaver or not.

My thoughts.  Since everybody just gets one weapon, giving someone an Axereaver Lance would functionally be the same as giving them a Sword.

I would love to see Terrain bonuses and an increase to Stamina somehow.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

My thoughts.  Since everybody just gets one weapon, giving someone an Axereaver Lance would functionally be the same as giving them a Sword.

Except the reavers wouldn't effect tomes or dragon breaths. So an Axereaver would attack physical green units, but fear magic green units.

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

Except the reavers wouldn't effect tomes or dragon breaths. So an Axereaver would attack physical green units, but fear magic green units.

I forget, do the reversal weapons in Fates work against the non-sword/lance/axe parts of the triangle?

Basically anything that makes characters more unique and focus on creating synergy.

- Obtainable skill scrolls. This would fill in the gaps for the leftover A, B or C skills. Or the active skills (Shove, Pivot) and the action-related skills (Ignis, Galeforce etc.)

- Small support bonusses. For example, Robin having an support bonus with Lissa, Frederick and Chrom. Fielding (or standing next) Robin with one of these units will give him +1 to a certain stat, like +1Res for Lissa, +1Def for Fred and +1ATK for Chrom.

- For the rest, things that have been said already over and over again. Bigger maps, more weapons, etc.