POLL: Likelihood of characters not from a teased game appearing in the base roster?

The DanMan

Likelihood of...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. ...Judgral characters appearing?

• 5/5 Shoe-in; there'll be (comparitively) lots
    • 4/5 There'll definitely be all the lords and maybe a few others
    • 3/5 Seliph's almost certain, and maaaybe Sigurd and/or Leif
    • 2/5 Seliph is a possibility, but besides that...
    • 1/5 Definitely not happening
  2. 2. ...Elibe characters appearing?

• 4/5 There'll definitely be all the lords and maybe a few others
    • 3/5 Roy's a shoe-in and maaaybe Hector and/or Lyn
    • 2/5 Roy is possible, but besides that...
  3. 3. ...Magvel characters appearing?

• 4/5 There'll definitely be the lords plus a few others
    • 3/5 Eirika definitely, and most likely Ephraim
    • 2/5 Eirika, maybe...
  4. 4. ...Tellius characters appearing?

• 3/5 Ike's probably happening, and maybe one or two other major characters
    • 2/5 Ike's possible, but anybody else...
  5. 5. ...Valentian characters appearing?

• 3/5 Alm and Celica are likely and maybe one or two others
    • 2/5 Alm and Celica are possible, but besides that...

No one thinks the story of HW wasn't heavily fanservicey either, but not picking characters from every Zelda universe did do it favors in that you got more fleshed out interactions and associations between the ones who did + really cool battle scenarios + some good synergy between characters who do appear together often.

It also made for some really cool themed dream battle scenarios (through the illustration-based Reward Map scenarios) like an alternate final battle where Zant and Ghirahim is present 

Spoiler

and Ganondorf AND Ganon must be fought at the same time!

Not to mention hilarious stuff like Link picking a girlfriend ally and the rest of the choosable allies joining the enemy team. Or a battle against the OoT trio (Sheik, Ruto, and Darunia), all the villains teaming up and you need to beat as many of them as you can before the enemy leader appears and directs them to gang up on the leader of your army.

Valentian characters are likely with Echoes releasing this year as well. If not for Echoes, I would say no. At the very least Alm and Celica, and I think possibly Luka ( for lance use, as base soldier class) and one of the Valentia mages (either Mae or Boey.) For a more Gaiden representation of magic.

Tellius is likely for Ike, Micaiah, and maybe Sothe and a few fan favorites like Nephenee. I don't expect more than 5, but Tellius will likely get a good bit of representation.

Jugdral is unlikely imo. Maybe the main lord, but outside of that I doubt anything. Probably more DLC than anything, since it will only ultimately appeal to Japanese fans and diehard fans of the series in the west.

Roy is a given just from a smash, and Lyn and Hector being as high on the popularity poll makes them likely, but outside of that I doubt anyone else. Again, more likely for  DLC.

On 3/19/2017 at 4:23 AM, Dandy Druid said:

For Magvel, it's hard to say. I think Eirika has a decent chance, and Ephraim to a lesser extent. The true hero of the story, L'arachel, princess of Rausten, champion of justice, prevailer over darkness, defender of light, CEO of gambling halls, and a lady that attracts suitors such as foreign princes, will be robbed unfortunately.

It's sad - though I do think a Warrior on Horseback would be a lot of fun with or without magic, L'arachel deserves a spot if only because she's the best. Also I'm stealing that quote lol

As for the poll: 

Seliph has a chance but that's about it. I wouldn't be shocked if Judgral were shunned for fear of people simply not knowing the characters. 

I think the Elibe lords have a chance, except maybe Eliwood and Hector (but I think Hector would be great to have for being an Axe boy).

I would expect Eirika to be in, stealing L'arachel's spotlight once again.

Ike will be the only character from Tellius most likely. 

Alm and Celica may or may not have been pushed by IS to push more sales for Warriors (the "new" characters being in only makes sense - then again, TMS...)

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

8 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

It's sad - though I do think a Warrior on Horseback would be a lot of fun with or without magic, L'arachel deserves a spot if only because she's the best. Also I'm stealing that quote lol

Feel free to use it. She deserves the fanfare everytime her name is mentioned, but I think I'll change "lady that attracts suitors, such as foreign princes" to "maiden of princes' desire" since that rolls off the tongue easier.

I'm hoping someone at IS sees my comments on here glorifying L'arachel, Princess of Rausten, Champion of Justice, Prevailer over Darkness, Defender of Light, CEO of Gambling Halls, and Maiden of Princes' Desire, and they realize, "Hey, we need L'arachel. She's meme-able and beloved enough to close the rift between new fans and old, she IS the answer, she IS the future, and SHE GETS HER OWN MODE IN SS. 

Eirika is DEFINITELY much more popular and much more interesting I'd love her in. Alm and Celica are probable for marketing. Judgral is unlikely and Elibe gets massive love lately I see a bunch like Lyn, Roy, Ninian and Co get in, Tellius Ike and Micaiah maybe Sanaki and Black Knight

They all will be DLC while SD, Awakening and Fates makes up the main roster also I HOPE the basic classes of the 3 games gets represented and not just Lords/important characters.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn