Stupid class ideas that no one will ever care about (hopefully not)

Asmont Osborne

Today I was playing Dream of Five (on a side note, are they still working on the FEXNA port?) and I got Lia promoted to Valkyrie and the Mage Knight guy (Stolypin, I think). So I thought: why can't we have mounted unprompted mages? because they would be OP as fuck 

You could have Heralds (mounted Anima mages), Prophets/Apostles (mounted Monks) and (something?) (mounted Shamans).

Since I had nothing better to do, I thought of some other (not) interesting ideas:

Legates (Sword/Lance), Guardsmen (Lances/Axes), something (Axes/Swords) in place of the usual Armor Knights.

They may or may not promote to Generals, but I can't think of other names for them.

Next up are Pegasus Hunters and Falcon Hunters, Bow-wielding Pegasus Knights. With this, we have officially decided how bad a class can get (just kidding, Falcon Knights are my second favorite class after Swordmasters).

So, I'm into Greek history and mythology and stuff, so I believe a class such as Hoplites would be a cool idea: they are Halberdiers, minus the Crit bonus, plus Swords, with less Strength and Skill and more Speed and Defence. 

By the way, I'm posting this in Concepts because first, it's a concept, and second, someone may actually find this interesting and do it in a hack.

Edited by Goddess Serra

What about a class that typically uses Dark Magic for offensiveness but also has staff access that would also be used to provide inverse staff effects?

For example, if you cast Heal on an enemy, it'd injure them for the points they'd have recovered under positive conditions, however staves cannot directly kill a unit unless it's a staff used to resurrect an ally.

If it's done in the form of a skill, this could give Clerics and the like a little more of a combat niche if they start with it.

Edited by Light Strategist

I was thinking of making staves much more supportive and adding even more status effects than the ones we've had so far. For example, Slow (like in FE7x).

You could also have a lot more beneficial staves to use on allies, like Haste (+50% Move until the end of the turn) or Quick (+5 Spd until the end of the turn/decreases by 1 each turn, like a Barrier staff). The Again staff could come back. Maybe have a Clone staff, that works like the Replicate skill from Fates but creates a clone of the target, not the user. In a potential game with monsters (please FE Switch, have a game with a giant monster boss that is like twenty times bigger than your units), you could do what TearRing Saga did and make Summoning staves for harpies, ogres, golems and all those other monsters.