Which likely characters will you use the most?

Ertrick36

8 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'd probably main a dancer unit, since they'll probably get a really flashy moveset like the Qiao sisters, Koshosho, Diao Chan, or Zhen Ji.

I could totally see Phina / Sylvia / Lene / Olivia with a rapier / slim sword and a moveset similar to Mace!Diao Chan, with lots of spins and kicks and whatnot incorporated into the moveset.

I could also see her C1 being a dance that gives an AOE attack speed increase to allies around her. >:)

5 hours ago, Nazarre said:

I could totally see Phina / Sylvia / Lene / Olivia with a rapier / slim sword and a moveset similar to Mace!Diao Chan, with lots of spins and kicks and whatnot incorporated into the moveset.

I could also see her C1 being a dance that gives an AOE attack speed increase to allies around her. >:)

I hope a dancer is included. They're gimmicky, so KOEI may have one. It'll probably be Olivia, since she's the most popular one, but I'd prefer Phina or Lene, since they can become decent combat units (Olivia can too, but she needs to be reclassed, unlike the other two). I hope Azura doesn't take the "dancer" spot, because she's technically not a dancer. And I'm just not crazy on her character either but that's for another discussion.

• 1 month later...

I feel like most logically they'd just going to pick popular characters. So, pretty much all the character's to get good scores on the "Choose Your Legends" events would be likely choices.

Then again, when looking at the characters that made it into Hyrule Warriors, like Agatha, it seems more likely they'll just add some random character's they could create interesting movesets for. Watch them add Oliver from PoR and RD and make him the most op character of them all...

On 3/10/2017 at 7:59 PM, BANRYU said:

Chances are I'll use anyone who falls under the umbrella of my favorite classes, Dark Mages / Wyvern Riders. Hoping for GBA Dark Mages the most, but knowing that most of them aren't that popular I'll settle for Tharja/Henry/Odin. Any wyvern rider would be cool with me. 

Playing through Blazing Blade again, I can see why: their casting animations just take too long, but I still want to see the cool animations of my characters so I can't just turn them off.

Anyway, Lucina and Male Robin are my first picks with Hector, Chrom, and Tiki being nice seconds. If Walhart's in it, I will probably steamroll some hordes with him while I'm at it.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Playing through Blazing Blade again, I can see why: their casting animations just take too long, but I still want to see the cool animations of my characters so I can't just turn them off.

Anyway, Lucina and Male Robin are my first picks with Hector, Chrom, and Tiki being nice seconds. If Walhart's in it, I will probably steamroll some hordes with him while I'm at it.

MORE LIKE NOT LONG ENOUGH (I could watch that shit for days)

Ooh yeah Robin would be fine by me too TBH. And I would kill to play as any manakete really. 

Edited by BANRYU

As for Tiki, I think Adult Tiki would work better if just for one thing: she has wings (somehow). That would allow her to transform for her dashing too kind of like how Midna summoned a Wolf.

Assuming any of these appear these are characters I would use easily.

Skrimir and the Laguz Royals including Giffca                       

Ogma

Mathew and all of Lyn's party

Dozla

L'archel

Nolan and the Dawn Brigade except Micaiha she can be in it or stay out I don't really care.

Boyd (and the rest of the Greil mercs)

Calill and Largo

Black Knight and King Ashnard

Volug

Dart, Dozla and Hawkeye

Eliwood

Hector

Harr

Jill

Heath

Captain Fargus

Dhegnesia, Kurthnagga and other dragons (I also would love to play as Kurth's brother and I want to straight up MURDER, MAUL and MAIM Izuka)

Geoffrey and all the Crimean Royal Knights

I don't know how many of these characters will appear if they do but these are characters I would love to play as. I was trying to think of as many characters from as many games as possible but even so I probably forgot some, and while I don't expect all of them to appear I would like if some of them did especially the ones from older games. I didn't mean for this to be as long as it did but I kept thinking of more characters I liked and would be awesome in a game like this.

Edited by SavageVolug
I did not realize how long this got and wanted to make it shorter

Any rogue, hoping for Volke but he isn't likely. I love rogues though, one of my favorite class types in any fantasy setting. 

Exact characters though, Tharja will definitely be one. Dark Mages will probably be pretty fun to play, and she is the only notable one I can think of that they would use. Along with that, Xander will get used. Overall I am not sure. I will have to see how things go.

EDIT: Never noticed it autocorrected Volke to Volume.

Edited by Tolvir

I mean, I'm sorry if I sound like a dick to everyone, but the thread does say likely characters. Whilst everyone has the right to believe and desire any character to be included in the game,  I mean it's extremely unlikely Dolza, Sylvie, Calil, etc will even be mentioned, let alone featured in the game as a playable character.

Anyway for me, it'd be Lyn and Ike that'd I be maining. 

11 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I mean, I'm sorry if I sound like a dick to everyone, but the thread does say likely characters. Whilst everyone has the right to believe and desire any character to be included in the game,  I mean it's extremely unlikely Dolza, Sylvie, Calil, etc will even be mentioned, let alone featured in the game as a playable character.

Anyway for me, it'd be Lyn and Ike that'd I be maining. 

That's why I put practically guaranteed characters on my main use characters over a wishlist that's pretty much not happening so you have a fair point.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:11 PM, SlipperySlippy said:

I mean, I'm sorry if I sound like a dick to everyone, but the thread does say likely characters.

You're right, though; that was the main point of this thread, and I had thoughts about reiterating this over the past few months, but that just seemed like it'd be irritating and overly pretentious coming from the thread creator.

To me, this was all about learning to be content with what I'm likely to get (because honestly, I don't like a lot of the more popular characters), and I was hoping to help others with this issue by creating this thread, but some just outright ignored the OP and title.  Though it has been enlightening, learning that many others had desires outside of the big names.

If I were to list my favorites, some of them would be the same, but there would also be Oboro, Catria, and Soren, among others.  While I think they have better chances of getting in than, say, most non-major Shadow Dragon characters or the smorgasbord of generic cavaliers in the series, I am only trying to focus on characters who are damn near certain; those who are major characters or who have massive followings among the fanbase.

I suppose I could make a thread for listing unlikely characters people would main, but I'm not sure there's much point to it, with us being so close to E3 and interest for Warriors being low for the time being.  Then again, maybe interest in Warriors will rise back up a couple weeks after the release of SoV.  We'll see, I suppose.

On 5/10/2017 at 9:08 AM, Blade Lord Lyn said:

That's why I put practically guaranteed characters on my main use characters over a wishlist that's pretty much not happening so you have a fair point.

Yeah, I don't think a single one of your choices were unreasonable.  The least reasonable one I'd say is maybe Lilina, but she has enough plot relevance in her own game and enough popularity to have a decent shot.

10 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

You're right, though; that was the main point of this thread, and I had thoughts about reiterating this over the past few months, but that just seemed like it'd be irritating and overly pretentious coming from the thread creator.

To me, this was all about learning to be content with what I'm likely to get (because honestly, I don't like a lot of the more popular characters), and I was hoping to help others with this issue by creating this thread, but some just outright ignored the OP and title.  Though it has been enlightening, learning that many others had desires outside of the big names.

If I were to list my favorites, some of them would be the same, but there would also be Oboro, Catria, and Soren, among others.  While I think they have better chances of getting in than, say, most non-major Shadow Dragon characters or the smorgasbord of generic cavaliers in the series, I am only trying to focus on characters who are damn near certain; those who are major characters or who have massive followings among the fanbase.

I suppose I could make a thread for listing unlikely characters people would main, but I'm not sure there's much point to it, with us being so close to E3 and interest for Warriors being low for the time being.  Then again, maybe interest in Warriors will rise back up a couple weeks after the release of SoV.  We'll see, I suppose.

Yeah, I don't think a single one of your choices were unreasonable.  The least reasonable one I'd say is maybe Lilina, but she has enough plot relevance in her own game and enough popularity to have a decent shot.

Yeah exactly plus being a child from her already popular father Hector and pretty much Roy's love interest she is pretty much expected for 2nd Binding Blade rep!