"Is Female Robin good?"

Dr. Tarrasque

Generally speaking, no. At best, she is a counter to Linde and Male Robin. In the current meta of Reds and Takumis, Cecilia is a better choice.

Green Tome user, upgraded weapon is effective against Calvary.

B Tomebreaker and Defiant Res as passives

Special skill starts out same, upgrade trades the cooldown reduction for "80% of unit's def" instead of the 50%.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gronnwolf has +1atk over Raonnwolf (the tome that Raigh starts off with, Red and Eff v Cavalry) but even her Level 5 tome, Gronnwolf+, only has 10 mt. 

This means that her weapon is effective against horses like Abel, Cain, etc.

Her other skill, B Tomebreaker, means that she's either a dedicated M!Robin or M!Linde counter (and a weak one, due to targeting res and Linde/Robin both run fair Res stats themselves). Two hits should kill all stat variants of Robin though, what with about 40 atk targeting a 5* robin's 25-at-best-before-party-buffs res for two hits if attacking strategically (which with WTA, should kill MRobins if my math is right).

That's it though; she's not accomplishing a lot else because her tome is relatively weak otherwise. 3* has 31 attack at best which by 5* should be tied with Merric at 40 (i think it'll be tied) for the lowest damaging green mage

Run her if you want in the arena for Anti-MRobins but Cecilia is free and arguably a better choice, since she's again, free, runs +3 Atk as a personal skill with a weapon that is always +1 Atk over FRobin's, and targets a much wider enemy base with somewhat less durability and speed in exchange for better offense and wayyyyy better mobility.

On 2/23/2017 at 0:37 AM, Elieson said:

Gronnwolf has +1atk over Raonnwolf (the tome that Raigh starts off with, Red and Eff v Cavalry) but even her Level 5 tome, Gronnwolf+, only has 10 mt. 

This means that her weapon is effective against horses like Abel, Cain, etc.

Her other skill, B Tomebreaker, means that she's either a dedicated M!Robin or M!Linde counter (and a weak one, due to targeting res and Linde/Robin both run fair Res stats themselves). Two hits should kill all stat variants of Robin though, what with about 40 atk targeting a 5* robin's 25-at-best-before-party-buffs res for two hits if attacking strategically (which with WTA, should kill MRobins if my math is right).

That's it though; she's not accomplishing a lot else because her tome is relatively weak otherwise. 3* has 31 attack at best which by 5* should be tied with Merric at 40 (i think it'll be tied) for the lowest damaging green mage

Run her if you want in the arena for Anti-MRobins but Cecilia is free and arguably a better choice, since she's again, free, runs +3 Atk as a personal skill with a weapon that is always +1 Atk over FRobin's, and targets a much wider enemy base with somewhat less durability and speed in exchange for better offense and wayyyyy better mobility.

Idk I feel like Robin f will excel in def and speed not really for her attacks unlike a mage like Julia who many use in the arena atm I think Robin f can outclass her stat wise as she will be able to tank hits and her ability will allow her to annual the enemies once charged I already have her 5* and I plan on using her very soon

Edited by Shiro

Heroes you can get for free no matter how hard the map is to clear will never be good compared to the heroes you can roll. Let me repeat, they'll never ever be able to compete with summoned heroes. This is the kind of game it is. Whale to win.

The thing I've noticed is that these Grand Hero maps seem to favor the current banner to the point it's rarely fun anymore. Last week's was pretty much a Camilla map unless you had decent tanks on your team, such as Tiki who btw was a features banner hero. 

This week is pretty much a Julia map. She melts everyone coming at her when baiting. Really disappointing, tbh. I know it's a gacha game but it's still FE. This game is getting more and more about $ spent and luck. Less and less tactics involved which is a shame for something having Fire Emblem in it's title. 

It seems to F!Robin acts as a very specific counter to some units, but other than that she seems a rather unimpressive mage. Besides there aren't a lot of dangerous mages other than M!Robin and Linde. 

Besides, I think Ursula will completely outclass F!Robin as cavalry killer mage once she's released.

7 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Besides, I think Ursula will completely outclass F!Robin as cavalry killer mage once she's released.

If we can believe that the skills Ursula uses in her map are what she'll actually run, she'll be a blue horsemage running the antihorse Blarrwolf/Blarrwolf+ with Death Blow. No lie, I'm getting hyped for that.

I'm not so much concerned with Robin herself, I just want to clear the hard mode map for the sake of completion haha... Do we know any good strategies for that yet? I've been getting failed pretty fast since I have virtually nothing to tank both the magic and the physical units together... Sending Eliwood to take out the axe-user worked on the lower difficulty, maybe it'd be passable here too...? IDK...

Noteworthy units I have are Marth 5* AdulTiki 5*, Kagero, Felicia, Robin, Eliwood, Serra, Olivia (all 4*)

Managed to beat Narcien's map on hard, so I think I can probably manage this one too. Curious as to what other people are using for it.

I did both maps with mostly the team I had with Narcian's map, minus Abel and add Marth. Marth tanked all the attacks with M!Robin's aid. Marth had to Escape Route out of there and Camilla swooped in for kills. Marth Escape Route's to Camilla and killed someone before she cleared map.

I can see F!Robin as meh counters to Linde and M!Robin. She'll have a slight edge over both. She shuts down Linde's Speed and M!Robin's Res isn't that great (medium 22). Advantage is is that she'll double both. Shame she's designated a cavalry-killer with her tome. They're not that common to find in Arena currently. I've seen Peri more than Abel, and they both have decent-ish Res.

Don't know about investing 2K feathers into her (I already have two of the supposed next banner characters) but I'll still see how she looks. I want to see how she grows, then I'll decide if she suits what she supposedly counters.

Just now, BANRYU said:

I'm not so much concerned with Robin herself, I just want to clear the hard mode map for the sake of completion haha... Do we know any good strategies for that yet? I've been getting failed pretty fast since I have virtually nothing to tank both the magic and the physical units together... Sending Eliwood to take out the axe-user worked on the lower difficulty, maybe it'd be passable here too...? IDK...

Noteworthy units I have are Marth 5* AdulTiki 5*, Kagero, Felicia, Robin, Eliwood, Serra, Olivia (all 4*)

Managed to beat Narcien's map on hard, so I think I can probably manage this one too. Curious as to what other people are using for it.

See above. My Marth has +Spd/-Def and M!Robin +Atk/-Spd. Escape Route is going to be helpful. Felicia or Kagero could be helpful since they're all infantry and most are tomes. It'll be harder since they can't really tank both sides of defense but I managed fine with a +Spd/-HP Camilla. Robin didn't see combat in Hard since he couldn't kill the Red Tome.

6 minutes ago, leingodf8 said:

I imagine adult tiki would be about all you need if shes fully leveled. I used a nowi, who has a pretty similar build to adult tiki, and basically just ran her in, tanked the mages, and then rushed everyone else in and won easily.

I attempted this but my Tiki is -Res. Maybe I erred in trying to send her at the axe+blue tome user, I guess I could try aiming her at Robin and the lancer....? She's not QUITE fully leveled though I might take a few days and try to get her and Kagero the rest of the way.

@Dual Dragons duly noted, I'll give it a shot!

Edited by BANRYU

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I attempted this but my Tiki is -Res. Maybe I erred in trying to send her at the axe+blue tome user, I guess I could try aiming her at Robin and the lancer....? She's not QUITE fully leveled though I might take a few days and try to get her and Kagero the rest of the way.

Do NOT have her challenge the lancer.  He has Draw Back, and that means she'll eat three mage attacks.

Have you tried Rally Resistance on Eliwood?

I basically have no way to beat this chapter because I don't have a strong ranged unit.  Nino is too fragile and gets easily killed by physical units.  Fir is good at surviving but she has terrible damage output.  I can regularly get the enemy side down to one unit but that one unit is always able to kill one of my units without fail.  And this just happens to be one of those BS maps where you can't lose a single unit or you lose the whole map.

This map pretty much relies on you either having multiple dancers or multiple Galeforce users to take out multiple enemies in one turn.

31 minutes ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

Heroes you can get for free no matter how hard the map is to clear will never be good compared to the heroes you can roll. Let me repeat, they'll never ever be able to compete with summoned heroes. This is the kind of game it is. Whale to win.

The thing I've noticed is that these Grand Hero maps seem to favor the current banner to the point it's rarely fun anymore. Last week's was pretty much a Camilla map unless you had decent tanks on your team, such as Tiki who btw was a features banner hero. 

This week is pretty much a Julia map. She melts everyone coming at her when baiting. Really disappointing, tbh. I know it's a gacha game but it's still FE. This game is getting more and more about $ spent and luck. Less and less tactics involved which is a shame for something having Fire Emblem in it's title. 

Haters gonna hate. The map can be facerolled with Tharja and Julia is actually not an optimal option since she lacks speed and thus firepower. 

The game does allow pay to win but there's more than enough tactics and options for f2p players if you concentrate on strategizing rather than whining.

Edited by Avestus

1 minute ago, The Geek said:

I basically have no way to beat this chapter because I don't have a strong ranged unit.  Nino is too fragile and gets easily killed by physical units.  Fir is good at surviving but she has terrible damage output.  I can regularly get the enemy side down to one unit but that one unit is always able to kill one of my units without fail.  And this just happens to be one of those BS maps where you can't lose a single unit or you lose the whole map.

This map pretty much relies on you either having multiple dancers or multiple Galeforce users to take out multiple enemies in one turn.

Do you have Takumi and/or Camilla?

Using both of them in addition to Nino made it a cakewalk for me.

14 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

What level is your Kagero?  Mine was able to tank and destroy the whole map herself, despite her 28 HP.

I think F!Robin is another "replacement" character for one of the banner Heroes; Narcian was pretty much a weaker Camilla, and now F!Robin is a weaker version of Julia. Julia can pretty much do what F!Robin is apparently meant to do:

1) She one-shots both Blue mages pretty easily, or leaves them at red health at worst, negating the need for the Blue Tomebreaker

2) In terms of firepower, Ignis may be insane, but Julia's Dragon Fang reaches ungodly levels of power already.

3) Julia's natural Res combined with the Naga tome's +2 Def and Res when being attacked is high enough to take no damage from M!Robin and chip from Linde, negating the need for Defiant Res

Julia is supereffective against Dragons, while F!Robin destroys horses. The only popular horseman at the moment is Abel, who Julia already murders, so there's no point FOR NOW. When Ursula comes out, the meta may change.

Julia also has Breath of Life for teammate support, something that F!Robin cannot do because both her Passives are used to match Julia's job.

We'll have to wait and see what F!Robin's caps look like. Narcian's stat total was actually 10 points higher than Camilla's (but was still an inferior hero). It's possible F!Robin will have better Speed and Def, and overall more balanced stats, compared to Julia's glass cannon (but very effective glass cannon). If you already have Julia, then I don't think you need to train up F!Robin for now, unless you need her for next Arena season's bonus or something.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, The Geek said:

Or one godly red/green tank.  What you do is determined by your units.

I think I'll retry this once I'm finished training Raigh up.  He's obviously not going to eat damage a la Tiki, but I suspect he'll be just tanky enough to survive.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Do NOT have her challenge the lancer.  He has Draw Back, and that means she'll eat three mage attacks.

Have you tried Rally Resistance on Eliwood?

I might just train up / throw Eliwood in there... Unfortunately the only Rally Res unit I have is the most recent free Cecilia, haha ;; she's currently 3* but I'm none too keen on bumping her up to 4* just yet, nor about training her up enough (I don't think she'll get the full effect of the rally at 3* anyway IIRC)

6 minutes ago, SHSL Ninja said:

What level is your Kagero?  Mine was able to tank and destroy the whole map herself, despite her 28 HP.

she's 35+; I'm a bit concerned about her Res as it's not as high as I'd like, but I'll give it a shot, throw her at the Axe user and see how she does.

Seems I've got a lot of folks to train up haha ;;

Just now, BANRYU said:

I might just train up / throw Eliwood in there... Unfortunately the only Rally Res unit I have is the most recent free Cecilia, haha ;; she's currently 3* but I'm none too keen on bumping her up to 4* just yet, nor about training her up enough (I don't think she'll get the full effect of the rally at 3* anyway IIRC)

she's 35+; I'm a bit concerned about her Res as it's not as high as I'd like, but I'll give it a shot, throw her at the Axe user and see how she does.

Rallys get the full effect, regardless of unit rarity.  You'll need to keep Cecilia away from Robin, since you'll eat a lot of damage.

Kagero might work, again with Rally Resistance and maybe Olivia's Hone Attack on top of it.  If you can kill the axe guy before he attacks you, you're set.

6 minutes ago, The Geek said:

On Hard, my MVPs were actually melee! Marth with Robin's Spur Defense 3 tanked enough to activate Escape Route and both got out of there. Marth took the Axe down before so. Olivia danced for Camilla. Once there was two people left, Marth Escape Route'd to Camilla to kill someone and she cleared map. The only worry was the second turn where I had to think on where Robin and Marth had to go. Camilla has enough Res to tank the Red Tome and other attacks, despite mine being -HP.

Red/Green is best on this map. If anything, they just need the support from Dance/Hone/Spurs to clean house.

It's maps like these that I really love my Robin and Marth synergy.

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

If you're concerned about her Res, definitely, if you have anyone, that can rally her Res, maybe even her Atk too.  All you have to do is defeat that Axe guy and you're good.  You can do it!

And on the subject of F!Robin's usefulness, she does seem to be a bit of a somewhat weaker version of Julia, but her Tomebreaker could be really useful.  I don't think she can fare against M!Robin though since he's pretty defensive, but we'll have to see when people use her more often,if people use her more often.

21 minutes ago, Avestus said:

Haters gonna hate. The map can be facerolled with Tharja and Julia is actually not an optimal option since she lacks speed and thus firepower. 

The game does allow pay to win but there's more than enough tactics and options for f2p players if you concentrate on strategizing rather than whining.

I completely agree with this xD this map is much easier than narcian 

Got Robin (F) to 5-star. Her base stats at all rarities are identical to Robin (M)'s. I'm going to guess that her final stats at level 40 5-star are going to be identical to Robin (M)'s also. If that's true, you're looking at

• 40 HP
  • 39 Atk
  • 29 Spd
  • 29 Def
  • 22 Res

with Groenn Wolf equipped.

We'll see.

35 minutes ago, Avestus said:

Concentrate on strategizing rather than whining? You're talking as if I'm here whining because I can't clear the map, lmao. I cleared both the maps with Julia 5*, Seliph 5*+1, Tharja 4* and Kagero 4* 1st go. Yes, I did faceroll the map completely. Hence why I'm complaining since it's close to being 100% pay to win. I got 2 accounts, this one I facerolled the map on was made this monday. Hence, I've had the chance to use all gained orbs on this banner with good results. The other one was made day 2 and no matter how much I strategize I can't clear the map on hard because of heroes lacking. All my heroes are level 40 on that account too and put alot of effort and analysis and calculations throughout all their/mine stats/movements and all possible combos. Results always end up the same on that account; completely futile. Meanwhile, I completely faceroll the same map on my other account with this week's banner hereos without even trying. Highest leveled unit of mine there is lvl 37 too, lol. 

So, yes. I complain about it being completely utter bullshit map just like last weeks. Difference between last week is that I actually expected this to happen this time around so I made this alternative account just to see how it would do compared to my main account. The map is clearly designed for Julia to just go in and kill everyone while getting buffed by Seliph/Eirika/Ephraim. Of course, there are loopholes like Tharja who does extremely well vs F.Robin once Julia has tanked all the hits and killed half the map in one turn. Then there are other loopholes like Caeda who could easily replace Seliphs +SPD support skills if your Julia needs it, I happen to have her on the alt, Then again, having Tharja and Caeda in my opinion is too much asked for tbh. Both of them are "rare" and not everyone can get them. Same thing with Julia. 

I'm not going to be a douchebag and tell people to strategize when summoning the right heroes is clearly the way to go. I've clearly experienced it 1st hand both clearing Narcian on hard last hour after summoning a Camilla and now clearing F.Robin on my alt account, that may very become my main. 

Edited by TEHPWNZOR